3 and 7 year old

esttea

where would we have to carry the luggage- we are suckers and took RCCL's transfers!!!

If its a carry on bag you carry it with you until your room is ready. If its a checked bag I drove to port and pulled in front of the drop off area where a porter met us he took our checked luggage so all we had was our carry on bags. I tipped him a dollar per checked luggage bag then went a parked the car at $10 dollars a day for outside parking. What a rip off for parking!! Oh well.

Ok so it looks like we will just be carrying our carry-ons with us- does anyone bring there bathing suit with them in the carry on so they can go swimming when they get there?

Yes, we always carry on our medications, b. suits, camera etc..on carry-ons.Sometimes you do not receive your luggage until after dinner.

We also come on board dressed in nice casual clothes for the dining room in case again, our luggage does not make it on time. (it should be in your room by at least 3 p).

Have a great cruise:)

My 7 y.o. DD likes to have her own luggage. She has a small child size suite case on wheel’s it works out well for her & she feels so grown up.

I’m sure you could squeeze the 3 y.o. in w/ the 7 y.o. or pack in places with yours. Thank goodness they are small…but sometimes they need more …. Just incase ;)

I found a small travel stroller – not umbrella – but similar it had a basket under the seat where as umbrella strollers to not. It came in handy to put the baby bag & other needs in it. It folds up so easy & the airline took it as we boarded the plane and had it ready when we de-boarded.

where would we have to carry the luggage- we are suckers and took RCCL's transfers!!!

Are you flying? You'll probably have to do some carrying. Most kids want to carry a piece of luggage so they feel they are part of the trip. It allows them to control their personal things i.e. a teddy bear, favorite blanket things like that.

My 7 y.o. DD likes to have her own luggage. She has a small child size suite case on wheel’s it works out well for her & she feels so grown up.

I’m sure you could squeeze the 3 y.o. in w/ the 7 y.o. or pack in places with yours. Thank goodness they are small…but sometimes they need more …. Just incase ;)

I found a small travel stroller – not umbrella – but similar it had a basket under the seat where as umbrella strollers to not. It came in handy to put the baby bag & other needs in it. It folds up so easy & the airline took it as we boarded the plane and had it ready when we de-boarded.

we did the same. worked out well having the small stroller with the basket below - it was light weight, and it was great for the airport as well as those airports are crazy busy with people.

we never used it on the boat, but did take the stroller with us when we got off the ship at each port. with all the walking etc on shore it was great for when they got tired and didnt want to walk anymore, they usually fell a sleep.

I have two kids and always distribute the clothes into all of the pieces of luggage that we bring. That way, if one suitcase gets lost we all still have clothes for the week.

When I was a kid, my dad once left my mom's suitcase at home! She was livid and made him "pay," if you know what I mean! Now when I travel with my family I mix up everything so this can't happen to me.

When I was a kid, my dad once left my mom's suitcase at home! She was livid and made him "pay," if you know what I mean! Now when I travel with my family I mix up everything so this can't happen to me.

We do that too! At least one outfit is traded with in the group, that way we have something to wear while we shop!!

One time I forgot to pack my DH underwear :eek: He gathers his own clothes now for me to pack ;)

Archived