Please don't yell at me, it's just a question..

We're booked on the Explorer out of NJ in November 2008, Thanksgiving week. It will be me DH and two DD (aged 11,13). Obviously, it will be too cold to swim in the pools for the first two days and last two days of the cruise. Does anyone know if they allow families to use the solarium during those colder days? (I guess I'm assuming the pool area of the solarium can be covered/uncovered.) Thank you! :)

There is no roof, so that pool will be as cold as the other one so it won't matter for warmth.

Welcome to the boards and please don't be afraid to ask questions that is what this forum is for.

This is a picture of the Explorer solarium

IMG_0726.jpg

I just returned from the Explorer Xmas/New Years Holiday sailing. The solarium is not fully covered so your question is a non issue. People were at the pools on the second day out and the next to the last day back (until we hit a storm at 3 p.m.). So your pool use will probably depend on the weather.

Children used the whirlpools in the regular pool area.

By the way - we had 800 non-adults on our cruise and they were very well behaved.

We're booked on the Explorer out of NJ in November 2008, Thanksgiving week. It will be me DH and two DD (aged 11,13). Obviously, it will be too cold to swim in the pools for the first two days and last two days of the cruise. Does anyone know if they allow families to use the solarium during those colder days? (I guess I'm assuming the pool area of the solarium can be covered/uncovered.) Thank you! :)

Why would anyone yell at you for this post? There's nothing wrong with it! :cool:

OMG! I DON'T BELIEVE THIS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? CHILDREN IN THE SOLARIUM POOL? WHAT A QUESTION IS THAT?

hehehehehehehehe

There is the yelling.

:D

As others have said, Voyager Class no cover. I just wanted to add a useless yelling post. LOL.

;):D

It is my understading they only do this on Alaska cruises and then only for 2 hours each day.

They will do it on other cold weather itineraries as well (at least those on the ships with covered solariums).

It is my understading they only do this on Alaska cruises and then only for 2 hours each day.

On Radiance and Vision class ships, when the weather is cool or inclement, families with children are allowed to use the covered solarium for a limited number of hours, regardless of the itinerary (although obviously it is less likely to happen on cruises in warm weather regions). We experienced this on transatlantic cruises and I was quite pleased to see how well people observed the specified hours and packed up and left the area when the time expired.

Actually this summer it was from 12-4 each day and at 4 o'clock they shooed all the kids out of there quickly. My son who is 19 but looks young kept getting asked to leave until he showed them his license.

Welcome to the boards and please don't be afraid to ask questions that is what this forum is for.

Yea, the personal attacks and people with an agenda will still come anyway. Just ignore them and have fun.

Supposedly the Vision's rules were 4 - 6 PM during inclement weather, but several parents brought their children into the Solarium during those hours every day. I didn't really see any reason to complain, because the ADULTS were the noisiest in the Solarium EVERY day.

There was a group of children who used the jacuzzi's in the outdoor pool area every day, but I only saw one child in the Solarium jacuzzi the whole cruise, and we spent a lot of time in there.

All in all, if the children aren't noisy, and the pool attendants don't shoo them out, it doesn't bother us. I wish we could have shooed the noisy adults out, though. Lots of beery screams as the ship swayed and the water sloshed to the sides of the pool. Very irritating.

Thanks for all of the nice replies! (And thanks Sue L for the photo!) I was worried about being yelled at because I have read many threads where a response is left and is less than polite for no apparent reason. :(

Thanks for all of the nice replies! (And thanks Sue L for the photo!) I was worried about being yelled at because I have read many threads where a response is left and is less than polite for no apparent reason. :(

Yeah, unfortunately some people just like to be nasty or they don't realize how abrupt or curt their reply sounds, ignore them and keep asking questions.

Archived