Back from Christmas Cruise on Pacific Dawn

goanna

It's great fun, and a good sense of humour and a dash of charisma wouldn't go astray, failing that, a bottle of Jim Beam before you play could rate your chances very highly!

Of course, it could be your worst nightmare with some over anxious female stalking you for 10 days and you can't get away, but let's not be negative about this, OK?

Sounds Fun! i might have to sign myself up and then not think about it, or i wont end up doing it, not sure about the charisma but the bottle of Beam might be something i could handle :P

i'm sure the stalking thing wouldn't happen, but it'd make a great story to tell to everyone when i got back.

Oh and i'm definately going to have to try these crayfish you mentioned when i'm on Mystery Island. sounds delicious.

Cheers!

The ship from the shore (always fascinated me), me dressed up for island night

I love the photo of Pacific Dawn at Isle of Pines.. I agree with you -there's nothing like seeing the ship from the Islands. The anchorage at Isle of Pines is good for getting a photo like yours - makes it look like the ship is tied up at the little tender wharf. Here's a similar shot of Pacfic Sky at IoP on my first cruise.

1502499902078909071S425x425Q85.jpg

When I came back from my first cruise I had lot's of photo's of Pacific Sky from the shore, and my Dad asked what was with all the photo's.. He came with us on our next cruise - and at the first Island we stopped at one of his comments was, "now I see why you have all the photo's of the ship from the island" and he came back with just as many as me!

Hey Joana Goanna,

Great review - and a great trip as you say.;)

You inspired me to get off my backside and write something as well.

Its floating round here somewhere.

Hope you're going back for more sometime in the future - we are.

Just not sure when. :D :)

I'm sure everyone takes something home with them (I don't mean the cuttlery or dressing gowns!), and the main thing for me was that I got my husband back. ...... and our relationship is back to where it was when we first got married.

Anyway, hope this has been of some help.

Joanna Goanna ;)

I have to say that if you got nothing else from the crusie you refeshed your marrage. that is some of the best news I have heard so far this year, congratulation on a cruise well done.

Joanna Goanna you have just got off PD, Martin the Cruise Director..is he a real tall super skinny pom/welshman? If so he was the Assistant CD on Regal Princess, coming over before the change to PD. Funny man.

Frank a yank was the CD on RP with Martin his 2 i/c.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Les,

This also fits the M\O of one of the cruise staff on our SP NYE cruise. Is it possible he changed ships on 27th \28th December - Curly hair, talks a bit camp. Will try to find a pic.

Cheers

Hi Dennis

I LOVED your review - peeps, if you want to see some FABULOUS photos and the PD Christmas Cruise through a fresh pair of eyes, check out Dennis' review - well done. Interesting comments about paying the extra for a balcony - I do agree that there is nothing nicer than sitting on your own balcony with a drink and watching the world sail by, but I don't want people to feel too disappointed if they didn't get a cabin with a balcony. The Promenade deck is a great viewing place, as well as the area at the stern (as per your photos of the wake).

Les - Martin, the CD didn't have curley hair from memory, and he doesn't sound very camp either. In fact, I think he was from north england, rather than wales. He is married, because he told us on night 1 that he had a family back home. I will rummage through all the tons of literature I brought home and do some research.

Here's a link to one of my favourite photos of the Dawn at Isle of Pines. This pic is currently my desk top. Sorry, I didn;t know how to just post the photo from webshotes.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2630351090089661373nBWchI

Karen

Hi cruising buddy great pics I looked to see I/Pines and looked at them all GREAT :D See you on 24th be great to see you again

Cheers

Archived