Just got off the Pride!

tinydancer21

I see that you came from LAX to Long Beach..... what transportation did you use? Or did you book you air with Carnival?

Since our flights are prior to 1 pm Carnival will not sell us transfers. I called Super Shuttle, one recommended on this board, they said no reservation needed from LAX to Long Beach (we are coming in the day before the cruise) but made the reservation from Long Beach to LAX after the cruise. The question he asked is what the Pier# is:confused: Any idea or do I need to call back to Super Shuttle and find someone more knowledgeable?

I'm probably fretting over nothing, but I was so upset that Carnival changed their policy from no flights before noon to 1pm, ours is at 12:40pm and therefore will not sell us transfers :mad:

Well, we arrived the day of the cruise (I won't ever do that again it is SO stressful) but we got lucky because when we arrived at the airport the Carnival rep was at the baggage claim and we just hoped on the bus, even though we had not booked it. You can take a Super Shuttle though; they are about the same price. As far as the pier goes, Carnival has their own pier, where the Queen Mary is permanently docked, so just tell the shuttle guys to take to you the Queen Mary. :) On the way back to the airport there will be lots of taxis and shuttles waiting at the pier when you get off so you can just hop on one of them. :)

My wife and I are traveling on Pride in January. She has already completed the early check in on line. I was hoping that all of you that have already cruised from Long Beach might help me out with tips and pointers to try and make embarkation as painless as possible. We live in Bakersfield so we have a ride to the pier and as such arrival time (to the pier) is very flexible for us. All tips would be appreciated and welcome.

Makeup Face,

I just booked and paid deposit yesterday, but I didnt book through Carnival. Got a much cheaper deal elsewhere. I don't have a booking number yet. Do I get that later after final payment or something? Can I still fill out the Fun Pass on Carnival's website even though I didnt book through Carnival?

Christi Q.

You have completed the fun pass and that saves time but you still should be at the pier early (we got there at 8:30) to do early check in at the Queen Mary. Then you line up on the left side at the Pride terminal (facing the terminal). The middle line is for handicapped, and the right one is for people who did not do early check in at the Queen Mary. Have fun - embarcation was painless for our trip.

Wow, great information on this thread yet again from you experienced Pride cruisers! I will have that status in less than 3 weeks now.

Christy Q.-you will not be able to fill out your FunPass on the Carnival site until you receive your cruise documents. And yes, you will be able to fill out the FunPass even if you booked with a TA and not through Carnival.

The FunPass is an upbeat title for what amounts to filling out info required by Homeland Security online. This will apparently save you some time during the embarkation by not having to fill out the forms there.

At step 4 for the FunPass, which is info on transportation when you leave the ship, even though the website does not list this as required information, it is. If you do not fill something in, you also don't get an error message or anything, it just stays in the 'incomplete' mode. I had to call a Carnival rep to find this out.

Hope this helps!

Brian

You do NOT have to wait for your cruise documents to complete your FunPass. In fact, if you do the funpass BEFORE getting you documents, those documents will include a competed funpass form. We did that.

What you will need before you do the Funpass is your booking number. Your TA will have that once you have booked the cruise, even before it is paid for. You can even go online and see how much you still owe.

You have completed the fun pass and that saves time but you still should be at the pier early (we got there at 8:30) to do early check in at the Queen Mary. Then you line up on the left side at the Pride terminal (facing the terminal). The middle line is for handicapped, and the right one is for people who did not do early check in at the Queen Mary. Have fun - embarcation was painless for our trip.

What did you do from 8:30am until boarding? We are arriving a day early and I didn't plan on heading over to the QM for check-in until 12:30p.....

Any advise on when to get checked in :confused:

PS. We sail on the Pride Oct 17 and it's our first...

We also plan to get there around 8:30 when we take the Pride in March.

I would like to know what you do the first two days at sea when it is too cold to go to the pool? I have never experienced that before....we've always gone when it is hot and sunny.

cq

We are arriving a day early and I didn't plan on heading over to the QM for check-in until 12:30p.....Any advise on when to get checked in :confused:
QM early check-in is open from 9-12. So, if you arrive at 12:30, they will be long closed. Sometimes they do close earlier than 12- I guess if there are no passengers showing up, they close early.

Hey! Yep the humidity was something else, Alaska is SO dry we were melting down in Mexico! haha Actually that is why we didn't really do much in Cabo, we only got of the ship for about an hour before we got back on, the weather was beautiful but it was just so hot and I had a really bad sun burn from PV and MAZ.

We had a blast in PV though. I booked a ATV tour threw Charterdreams.com, it was crazy wild. Much better than what I heard the one the ship offers was. We of course did Randi's in MAZ and she is just as great as everyone says! :D

Well, I have some catching up to do at work so I will try and post my review ASAP. :)

Talk to you all soon!

Angie

I think the charterdreams.com ATV tour would be a lot of fun. I have 7 going on the Pride in February. I have only 4 license drivers (dad,mom,17,17,)so 3(16,13,11) will have to be behind a driver as a passanger. Do you think the 3 passangers will still have fun. Or should I pick something else to do in PV. thanks jill

I think the charterdreams.com ATV tour would be a lot of fun. I have 7 going on the Pride in February. I have only 4 license drivers (dad,mom,17,17,)so 3(16,13,11) will have to be behind a driver as a passanger. Do you think the 3 passangers will still have fun. Or should I pick something else to do in PV. thanks jill

I was the passenger and my hubby drove, it was still super fun! I think being a passenger is just as fun as driving. Make sure the driver knows how to drive a manual four-wheeler though. :)

Archived