Just got off the Pride!

tinydancer21

Tinydancer... I am sorry I never met up with you on the Pride. I met Tori and some of her group. But we had an awesome time!! We signed up for the Vacation Club so we are assured of more cruises in the future! I just can't believe how worn out I am today. I miss having meals prepared and the cabin cleaned up when I got back.. lol.. lol.. Oh well, I am here to answer anything that Tinydancer can't answer... so ask away!

Steven

Hey Tinydancer,

Glad to hear you had a great time. :)

How did you deal with all the animals at the airport ? :D Any problems getting from LAX to Long Beach ?

Was the hot humid weather a shock to your system? :)

Can't wait for your review. Welcome home.

Tinydancer: Have been following your posts prior to your cruise. Can't wait to read your review! We have sailed the Mexican Riviera on all our cruises. Love it. DH does not fly so we stick to west coast.

Drpeperlvr: We are just down the highway from you, in Benson! Small world, eh? Inconvenient to get to cruise ports, but doesn't stop us.

Glad you folks had a great time on the Mexican Riviera. Brings back memories of when we went on the Elation (when she was doing this itinerary) to the Mexican Riviera.

Wow, drpeperlvr, like S.S. Cruisers said, a small world. My in-laws live in Willcox, off of Grant Line Rd.

Hey! Yep the humidity was something else, Alaska is SO dry we were melting down in Mexico! haha Actually that is why we didn't really do much in Cabo, we only got of the ship for about an hour before we got back on, the weather was beautiful but it was just so hot and I had a really bad sun burn from PV and MAZ.

We had a blast in PV though. I booked a ATV tour threw Charterdreams.com, it was crazy wild. Much better than what I heard the one the ship offers was. We of course did Randi's in MAZ and she is just as great as everyone says! :D

Well, I have some catching up to do at work so I will try and post my review ASAP. :)

Talk to you all soon!

Angie

Drpeperlvr: We are just down the highway from you, in Benson! Small world, eh? Inconvenient to get to cruise ports, but doesn't stop us.

Yes it is a small world!!! We probably know some of the same people. I have lived here all my life and my Company (Cell phone, Internet) has a pretty strong presence in Benson. So maybe I know you from that too!!! Too funny!

Yes it is inconvenient, but we signed up with the Carnival Vacation Club while onboard so now we are paid up for some more cruises (and other goodies) in the future. Just have to figure out when and where we want to go next.

Steven

Glad you folks had a great time on the Mexican Riviera. Brings back memories of when we went on the Elation (when she was doing this itinerary) to the Mexican Riviera.

Wow, drpeperlvr, like S.S. Cruisers said, a small world. My in-laws live in Willcox, off of Grant Line Rd.

LOL.. I live off Ft Grant Rd also!!! I think that is the road you are referring to. Maybe we are related and just don't know it. My house has a bunch of pecan trees around it... if we are related, you will know!!! LOL

Yes DW and I had the time of our life. I had a heart attack almost a year ago and I told her then that I wanted to live life to the fullest, so we started planning the cruise. There will definately be more to follow!!

Steven

LOL.. I live off Ft Grant Rd also!!! I think that is the road you are referring to. Maybe we are related and just don't know it. My house has a bunch of pecan trees around it... if we are related, you will know!!! LOL

Yes DW and I had the time of our life. I had a heart attack almost a year ago and I told her then that I wanted to live life to the fullest, so we started planning the cruise. There will definately be more to follow!!

Steven

Yep, that sounds like the road I mentioned. We were there in April and I remember driving further down Ft. Grant Rd., towards Mt. Graham, and I remember seeing a large tomato farm/processing outfit. That sound like Ft. Grant Rd.? That would truly make it a small world if we were related but alas, my in-laws are transplants from Ohio. They bought 12 acres of land to build a home a several years ago for their retirement. They love it there! You live in such beautiful country.

Glad you and your DW had a great time. I'm so sorry to hear you had a heart attack but am happy that you are trying to make the most of your second chance in life. It's funny how a life event like that changes a person. I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about 10 years ago and did the same as you. We just got back from our 10th cruise last month and every one of them have been a blast! Here's to hoping your future cruises are wonderful too.

Tinydancer, I'm booked on the Pride next year. How was embarkation? I've read so many posts that said it is a real pain.

OMG! All the horrible things you've heard are TRUE; it was by far the worst part of the cruise. The terminal is so unorganized. They have NO signs to tell people where to go. There is Carnival staff around but they don't offer help or yell things out they just walk around. When we were there it was SO hot too and they have some food around but you have to get out of line to go to it so your like "No way, I'll suffer before I get out of line". We had to wait in early check in line for two hours then they didn't tell us where to go so we almost waited in another line for that long but we got frustrated so we just cut to the front of the line and were like we are not waiting in another line and just went threw security. They only have two scanners for 2,000+ people to go threw, Ugh!

Anywho... after embarkation the Pride and the whole cruise is a blast though so the next day it is all just a bad memory! ;)

Tinydancer I am so sorry to hear about your embarkation experience. We were on the Pride just before you and we had the complete oposite experience. We arrived like first at the dock and were treated like royalty by the Carnival Employees outside the dome. Morriscats can vouch, she was right along side us. Our luggage was taken first.....check in was a breeze...we got to board after the special assistance group, ahead of Skippers Club even!! We all had kids with us and they were being very patient and I know the Carnival Staff commented on that too.

I guess it just depends on who is on duty that day???

Your right..they do not have signs out that clearly tell ya where to wait. I will tell ya that facing the entry doors to the Dome, the line forms to your left. Then they put the Special assistance groups in the middle....then VIP to the Right (note..not same as skippers club). Skippers club is ahead of the line that forms on the left.

Have Fun Cruising!

Check in was so easy but part of that was in thanks to cruisenmom and Margarita! After our early check in we shopped a bit and cruisenmom made the acquantance of Margarita who told her where to wait and she would "take care of them". Well we came along and Margarita "took care of us" too. It was a breeze. I miss "my" ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Tinydancer... I am sorry I never met up with you on the Pride. I met Tori and some of her group. But we had an awesome time!! We signed up for the Vacation Club so we are assured of more cruises in the future! I just can't believe how worn out I am today. I miss having meals prepared and the cabin cleaned up when I got back.. lol.. lol.. Oh well, I am here to answer anything that Tinydancer can't answer... so ask away!

Steven

Steven ,I was on the pride 9/12 but could not sign up for or even get any info about the Vacation Club since my husband was not on the cruise with me. I went with my sisters. Do you think it is a good deal? I plan on checking it out on my next cruise w/ my husband sometime in Jan. or Feb. 2005. How much? and what do you get?

Steven ,I was on the pride 9/12 but could not sign up for or even get any info about the Vacation Club since my husband was not on the cruise with me. I went with my sisters. Do you think it is a good deal? I plan on checking it out on my next cruise w/ my husband sometime in Jan. or Feb. 2005. How much? and what do you get?

If you plan on cruising in the future, I think it is a good deal. You get the cruises plus the resort vacation certificates. And...VIP while on board (early embark and disembark, cocktail receptions, priority seating, etc.). We ended up getting 3 cruises for both of us for the price of 2. So I thought it was a pretty good deal. Would love to hear from others that have purchased the club.

Steven

We have cruised 3 times and have riden with Randi every time becuase she is great!!

This board is OK but needs to take attention to the needs of the cuisers.

There is a diff. board out there that will give you more info about shore tours that are NOT booked thru the ship.

Much cheaper and better.

All you have to do is look for cruise mexico org

The info you can find there about diff. tours is getting better every day.

Come join us!!!

I see that you came from LAX to Long Beach..... what transportation did you use? Or did you book you air with Carnival?

Since our flights are prior to 1 pm Carnival will not sell us transfers. I called Super Shuttle, one recommended on this board, they said no reservation needed from LAX to Long Beach (we are coming in the day before the cruise) but made the reservation from Long Beach to LAX after the cruise. The question he asked is what the Pier# is:confused: Any idea or do I need to call back to Super Shuttle and find someone more knowledgeable?

I'm probably fretting over nothing, but I was so upset that Carnival changed their policy from no flights before noon to 1pm, ours is at 12:40pm and therefore will not sell us transfers :mad:

TinyDancer,

I will be on the Pride in March and this is the first cruise I am taking my kids with me (8 and 11). Did you notice anything about Camp Carnival? Was it being received well?

What cabin did you have? We have always been mid ship and we have a cabin far forward this time that worries me b/c of the motion. Any comments on this?

Glad you had a good time!

Christi Q.

TinyDancer,

I will be on the Pride in March and this is the first cruise I am taking my kids with me (8 and 11). Did you notice anything about Camp Carnival? Was it being received well?

What cabin did you have? We have always been mid ship and we have a cabin far forward this time that worries me b/c of the motion. Any comments on this?

Glad you had a good time!

Christi Q.

My husband and I are 24 and 26 so we spent a lot of time in the arcade that is right below camp carnival and from what we saw it was SO cool, the arcade is really cool too. We did not have any problems with "crazy" kids so I guess camp carnival must have been doing a good job to keep them entertained. :) I think your kids will have a blast! :)

Archived