Table for 2

babies12

Hi all, I'll be on the Pride May, 05 with DH. We will be celebrating our Anniversary. We would love to enjoy each other by ourselves for dinner. My question for everyone here is if you are not given a table for 2 when you board, have you had any succes in "greasing the palms" of the Matre'D? If so, how much are we talking about? It's kind of annoying that we would have to resort to that level in order for us to get the table we requested in the first place, but if we have to we will.

Thanks for your responses!

I actually got assigned a table for two on the Conquest when I had requested a large table. I went to the maitre'd and he switched us the next day. We got placed at a large table with two newly wed couples and another couple that did not want to sit by themselves at a table for two either! I don't think it will be a problem to switch because as much as you want a table for 2, there will be other couples that get assigned them that would prefer the larger table. And if you don't get it, a larger table is a great way to meet new people and make friends while you are vacationing! We loved our table mates and are really glad we decided to switch.

We were on the Glory last year and wanted a table for two. After boarding, I went to the Maitre'd and asked for and got a table for two. No money, no hassle.

"Ditto". :) . We went on the Glory on a last minute booking last Spring.. Went to the Maitre d' and asked for a table for 2 and got one.. We did tip him on the last day, even though by then, he'd forgotten all about us. :) .. Bombero

I have sailed all cruise lines(42 cruises in all) including Carnival and never had to tip for a change of table. My husband offered and the Maitre"D and His staff would not accept it. Most times if We requested a change of table, We got it if at all possible. There were times when all seatings and tables were filled. We made the best of it. So I suggest, you see the Maitre"d after boarding. Time and place to see Matre"D is usually in the newsletter left in your room.

Make sure this table for two is requested to the travel agent. They can probably get your request further then if you waited. After you board you should check out your table assignment first to see if it meets your needs and if not seek out the Matre D. Hopefully he will change it for the first nights dinner.

I have placed this request through my PVP. They told me that it was not a guarantee that we would receive a table for 2 and I understand that. I just wonder if there were anyone with similar circumstances and had to "grease the palm". I feel stupid actually trying that, I never had before and hate to do it and STILL be turned down. Hah!

Archived