Help with Excursions/Spirit southern Carribean

Curious Jan

We are booked on the Spirit October 22. We have booked Eli's Ecco Tour for Antiqua but we are having trouble with other ports. What is the highlights in

Barbados that we should not miss? Also in St Lucia people have talked about

Cosel and Frank's tours. WHich is the best? In Tortola I want very much to see the baths of virgin Gorda. ( think that is what they are called) How is the best way to do it? On your own or through a NCL excursion? As far as Grenada, I am sure they will not be going there so I will wait to see. Any advice will be appreciated. We have never been to any of these ports.

Thanks

Jan

Jan .... Love your itinerary -- Great Ports!

If you haven't already, you would enjoy going to the Ports of Call section and checking under EACH of your ports stops.

Here are my opinions ... for that they're worth: :rolleyes:

ANTIGUA: You'll be very happy with Eli's!

BARBADOS: Lots to do there! The catamaran which includes a swim with the turtles is good. If you like party boats, you'll love The Jolly Roger! :D We want to do a fun beach day when there in January so are planning to go to The BOATYARD (click for thread)

ST.LUCIA: We are looking forward to going to Reduit Beach on our own: Reduit Beach Review (click here)

TORTOLA: The Baths of Virgin Gorda .... Great choice, especially, if it's your first trip to Tortola! If we are going to be in port all day, we use the ferry and go on our own. If we're in port for six hours or less, we suggest taking the ship's excursion. Whatever, here's a thread with a site for an EXCELLENT map and lots of info on The Baths: (click here for thread)

Hope this helps a bit! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thanks for the great info on the Southern excursion ideas. I'm looking into these also for our cruise in November.

Do you think the Boatyard is okay for children (daytime)? We were also looking into Crane Beach and Folkstone Marine Park for snorkeling. I've heard these are very nice beaches and only a short bus ride from the port.

We are booked on the Spirit October 22. We have booked Eli's Ecco Tour for Antiqua but we are having trouble with other ports. What is the highlights in

Barbados that we should not miss? Also in St Lucia people have talked about

Cosel and Frank's tours. WHich is the best? In Tortola I want very much to see the baths of virgin Gorda. ( think that is what they are called) How is the best way to do it? On your own or through a NCL excursion? As far as Grenada, I am sure they will not be going there so I will wait to see. Any advice will be appreciated. We have never been to any of these ports.

Thanks

Jan

Everyone has his/her own ideas: we have done the southern Caribbean 4 times and here are our preferances: Virgin Gorda is the most beautiful place in the world; we did do the ship excurstion, but however you do it, just make sure you do! Then come back to the ship and walk over to the spice shop. Fun fun, fun!! We did not like St Lucia, but didn't do a tour: i would either enjoy a day on the ship without the crowds around the pool or do a tour. Barbados: I can't say enough about it. The last time we were there we did a customized tour (last November) I can't remember the name of the company, but will try to find it on Ports a call. It was one of the best tours we have ever had. There is so much to see in Barbados. I think I would go to Gunn HIll, maybe the animal reserse, a flower forrest or park (there are several) and everyone needs to visit one of the Anglican churches that wer built in the 1600s. We love St Johns. Just some ideas. NMnita

going on this cruise 2/18. i recommend that you take the ship's tour to virgin gorda. you will get back just before the ship sails, and it won't sail without you. gorgeous! in barbados, i recommend the ncl tour that includes the caves and botanical gardens. takes you to gunn hill too. great excursion! this time we will go to the malibu rum factory. going to the rain forest in grenada. would love to see the spice bushes. hate antigua. we will stay on the ship.

all the caribbean islands are basically alike. some are a bit more affluent than others. some have good shopping (but not on this itinerary, much to my husband's delight). if there is nothing to see (antigua) you can always do the beach.

whatever, you will come home relaxed with a deep tan on the off season, and everyone will envy you! enjoy!

Archived