Rock Climbing Wall

kel24

How "fit" do you need to be to do the rock climbing wall. I have recently lost 45 lbs. and am looking forward to doing many new things on my upcoming cruise in April that I was previously unable or embarrased to do. I am by no means very physically fit, my exercise is limited to 20 min. of the elipitical each day, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the rock climbing wall they would be able to share.

Just tell the staff you want to try the easiest course first. There are several different routes you can take on the rock wall of varying diffculty. For the harder routes you need a fair amount of strength and flexibility, but for the easier ones not much athleticism. Be sure to check with your doctor though if you have any pre-existing medical problems to make sure it is safe for you.

Try climbing a ladder at home a few times and you will be ready to hit the wall. It is generally managable. I usually go up fast, but I have done many walls over the years...I watch newcomers and usually they go slow and think out each step which is just fine. If others sense you are a newbie, I've usually seen folks and myself have cheered them on. I've never seen anyone given any grief by the staff or any other guests.

Go get it....best of luck making the most of the wall...and congrats on your weight loss. Enjoy the cruise!!!

you don't need to be an athlete to go on the rock wall by any means!! Plus, you can sign up for the time you want to climb at, then there are a lot less ppl watching you. There are 4 levels (4 being the hardest). I have seen a lot of ppl make it up level one and two but 3 and 4 are definetly a challenge! I made it up half way on level three but have also seen ppl complete it. I have yet to see anyone master level 4 tho...:D . no matter what level you choose it is a really fun experience and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment! Happy cruising!:)

I just did it on my Mariner cruise after losing 25 pounds. You should absolutely give it a try. As others stated, the courses are versioned, and there is no shame in not getting to the top, but if you do, be sure to take a minute and look around to enjoy the view.

Remember, the climbing is about using your legs, not your arms, which is the natural reaction.

The challenge will also depends on which ship you are on, as the walls vary a bit.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck!

Archived