Help!! Missing The Boat!

lafayettedvm

air through delta. they are giving us the biggest around.

get this....we were booked inside...they gave us an ocean view on the fantasy for no additional charge. how great is that?

That is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you. It's things like this that really make me appreciate Carnival. I wish all the people who bash them would come read this thread!

Terri

Wow I was so afraid to open this post, waiting for all the why didn't you fly a day early, thats why it pays to have cruise insurance, blah blah blah, which, although true, wouldn't have helped the OP a bit.

I am sooooooooooooo impressed by the people trying to help, looking up flights and so on, what a great bunch!!!

And Carnival did indeed come through in the customer service area!!!

Kudos to CC people that tried to help and Carnival for being so awesome to move the person to a different ship they could make!!!!

Please come back and tell us all about it Layfette, I really want to do a cruise out of NOLA!!!!

Carole

660 miles from Atlanta Airport to Miami Airport...... driving is out of the question. Alternate option would be to catch the ship at the first port.

Why would driving that distance be out of the question? That is about 12 hours driving total. And I have driven non-stop Atlanta-Miami as part of my trips driving my mom from Toronto-Miami.

Why would driving that distance be out of the question? That is about 12 hours driving total. And I have driven non-stop Atlanta-Miami as part of my trips driving my mom from Toronto-Miami.

I don't think they would have made it in time, the cruise departs this afternoon, and the OP began posting after 9am this morning. Not enough time to drive to Florida from Louisiana.

typing while carnival working on it. they just said they would transfer everything to fantasy. carnival is awesome!!

I am afraid that Carnival has opened a can of worms that may come back to bite them.

Now, I am just afraid that each time someone misses their flight(not Carnival's fault), they are going to expect and they will be demanding that Carnival put them in a different ship that leaves the next day or a city closer to them. If Carnival says no, then they will say "you did it for Lafayette, why cant you do it for us?".

I hope I'm wrong. This may turn ugly.

I am afraid that Carnival has opened a can of worms that may come back to bite them.

Now, I am just afraid that each time someone misses their flight(not Carnival's fault), they are going to expect and they will be demanding that Carnival put them in a different ship that leaves the next day or a city closer to them. If Carnival says no, then they will say "you did it for Lafayette, why cant you do it for us?".

I hope I'm wrong. This may turn ugly.

Well, that's possible, if everyone who went on Carnival went on these boards. And there are really only a few instances where Carnival would be able to do this for a guest, assuming there was even last minute space available.

Although this is a really great thing that Carnival was able to do, the majority of the time this is really impossible.

Archived