For the Perry Grant enthusiasts

Keith Rita

Thanks for posting the video, I just love Perry Grant. We got to see his show a couple of times on our last Constellation cruise. He mentioned cruise critic during one of the shows we were at, but he did know there were some members in there.

Terri

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,

slow dancing leads to the first!

Love it:D

We were lucky to dance almost nightly to his music in November and we're going back next month...

Perry is great!

Does Perry every change his show? We saw him once during our Baltic Cruise in June 2006 and then again on a Thanksgiving Cruise five months later.

The first time we saw him, I thought he was funny, but the second time we went to his show, five months later, it was exactly the same, including his jokes about Judy and trivia questions in the form of a story.

Does Perry every change his show? We saw him once during our Baltic Cruise in June 2006 and then again on a Thanksgiving Cruise five months later.

The first time we saw him, I thought he was funny, but the second time we went to his show, five months later, it was exactly the same, including his jokes about Judy and trivia questions in the form of a story.

I saw him twice back in September. Some of the songs changed, but the in-between song chatter was much the same. I loved it both times though, he never got boring at all.

Terri

We just returned from 11 nights on the Constellation on 1/18, and watched Perry Grant almost every night. He's fabulous, and we didn't get tired of him, even though the jokes are pretty much the same every show. We preferred Perry to most of the headliners on this cruise.

Also just came from the Constellation on 1/18/07. Our first time seeing Perry Grant and the folks in Michael's Club. Perry is great fun and even though the material is similar every night, it is still great fun. It's all about the interaction with the audience, as well as the music.

By the way, the cruise was fabulous also.

According to Perry, he is on the Connie until April when he will take his vacation. He expects to return to the same ship.:D

He didn't bore me at all! He is much better than the productions shows I've seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many times! And better than most entertainers they bring onboard for one or two shows.

This is the comment we wrote about our Perry Grant experience for a review on another site:

We may have stumbled onto the best entertainer on the high seas, Perry Grant. He plays the piano and sings in Michael's Club. Actually he does more than that, you just have to be there to find out. He packs the place every night and finding a place to sit is a challenge. We usually went in around a quarter to midnight and were able to find chairs and room on the small dance floor area in front of his piano to dance the fox-trot. He played until 12:30. We understand they would like to move him to a larger venue, however he will only play at Michael's. We met folks that have been on the Constellation multiple times just to see him perform. We would rate his singing and piano skills, and his banter with the crowd as A+++!

keithrita,

You are so right on!

He is considered to be, by people I have talked to in the cruise industry, 'the single biggest entertainment draw currently sailing'. He consistantly tops 'big names' brought on for one or two shows.

And you are very right that people book Connie just to see him. Number me among them!:)

He may not be everyones cup of tea, but for those of us who like him, we REALLY like him!!

Hi Gail!:D We were on the Connie twice last year and spent most evenings with Perry too!!! LOVE him. As another poster said, it's the interactions with the audience that changes each performance and makes it so much more entertaining---not to mention how good he sings!!!! Connie is our fave ship just because of him!!!

• 2 months later...
does Perry start performing in Michael's Club? On other ships we have loved going for a pre-dinner cocktail ( we have late seating ) and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere.

Hi Naples !

Perry usually starts at 7:45 pm

Just came off Constellation on March 31 and enjoyed Perry Grant very much. He told me he is on the ship until June 28 when he will take some time off.

Hi Edgee !

I was on the same sailing, and Perry told us he is on the ship for about another 3 weeks, then on vacation. We are big Perry fans. He started out good.... but towards the end of the sailing, he was clearly shot. He couldnt sing much at all the last few nights of the Cruise, and was suffering from a bad cold. For that matter, so was most of the ship. The ship has a lot of sick crew on it. People were coughing and sneezing all over the place. Even I came back with a cold, and I never get sick. Perry needs some time off.

Did he happen mention if and when he would return to Constellation?

Hi Lysolqn !

Perry said he expected to return to Constellation. I believe he is off for 2 months. That should put him back on the ship in Late June or Early July.

Archived