For the Perry Grant enthusiasts

Keith Rita

Hi Andy:

In October-November, Constellation made me sick for a month... fortunately it was the only cold I've had all winter. Many staff were ill at that time too..

If you miss Perry (like I do) you can watch this video:

or for the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=745697

Were you on the end of October, beginning of November New England cruise? We too truly enjoyed Perry Grant!!! I also caught the "ship's bug" during the cruise. I was treated by the ship's medical staff and was very impressed with their service. However, it turned out that we may have been experiencing Adenovirus 14 and antibiotics are worthless for that. I hope Perry returns, and if not, we need to know where he goes. He is such a "Hoot"!

Andy,

You are so right that Perry was really sounding ill toward the end of this recent cruise, although he sort of rallied on the final night for his performance in the big theatre. However while he was autographing his CD for me just 48 hours ago as I write this, I asked him how much longer he is on the ship and he said he was there until June 28....maybe he is taking some time off and his current contractual commitment to Constellation ends in June.

In any case, my wife and I join you and I know many others as big Perry fans!

Andy,

You are so right that Perry was really sounding ill toward the end of this recent cruise, although he sort of rallied on the final night for his performance in the big theatre. However while he was autographing his CD for me just 48 hours ago as I write this, I asked him how much longer he is on the ship and he said he was there until June 28....maybe he is taking some time off and his current contractual commitment to Constellation ends in June.

In any case, my wife and I join you and I know many others as big Perry fans!

Hi Edgee !

I am really surprised at the difference in our 2 sets of dates. I am very certain he told me he was leaving right after the Transatlantic sailing. As you said, perhaps he is taking a few weeks off and coming back. I am sure the new passengers will clarify this for us.

I sincerely wish Perry a speedy recovery !

• 4 weeks later...
does Perry start performing in Michael's Club? On other ships we have loved going for a pre-dinner cocktail ( we have late seating ) and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere.

On the Constellation Transatlantic cruise just completed April 24, Perry played two sets an evening at Michael's Club. The first went from 7:45 to 8:40pm. Perry then took dinner and returned to play a set from 9:45pm to 12:00am+. To get a seat, you had to get into Michael's about 7:30pm for the first show and 8:45pm for the second show. There ARE regulars (Llike Joyce and the Solas) who are there nearly every show.

Because of this, they put Perry in the main hall, Celebrity Theatre, for a 3pm performance on the last sea day between Cork and le Harve, and he filled the place, probably around 800 people. He rose from the stage in a cloud of fog, had cruise director John remove his gold cape, and proceeded to do an outstanding 50+ minutes, receiving 5 standing ovations, only three of which he paid for (regulars will know this bit.) After the show he signed CD's outside the theatre and was mobbed like a rock star.

Well worth catching him. There's never a dull moment! As you can see from the excellent video above!

Jerry and Catherine

Because of this, they put Perry in the main hall, Celebrity Theatre, for a 3pm performance on the last sea day between Cork and le Harve, and he filled the place, probably around 800 people. He rose from the stage in a cloud of fog, had cruise director John remove his gold cape, and proceeded to do an outstanding 50+ minutes, receiving 5 standing ovations, only three of which he paid for (regulars will know this bit.) After the show he signed CD's outside the theatre and was mobbed like a rock star.

Well worth catching him. There's never a dull moment!

Jerry and Catherine

Hi Jerry and Catherine !

Hey, I never got my check from Perry ! Just kidding.

I am glad to hear Perry is doing better. When we were on Constellation a few weeks ago, Perry was suffering from a bad cold, and was barely able to perform towards the end of the cruise. One night, he just played the piano, and didnt sing. We were disappointed that Perry wasnt at his best, but we certainly understood.

If you run into Perry, tell him I am still waiting for the check, for the standing ovations :)

• 4 months later...
what were some of Perry's funny things he said, I watched the short video, but didn't hear anything especially funny...just him singing songs....what am I missing???

We had between 2/4 hours of Perry Grant for 13 nights. Having previously seen many top line stars, for sheer entertainment value this guy is tops. On a cruise ship one should not expect too much but he was definitely the best.

I am not easily pleased but he is pure gold.

• 1 month later...

Perry was on the 10/6 cruise and packed Michael's Club each night. He was still suffering from a cold as he performed solo in the theater one night and came back for an encore the last evening. His "Groupies" as he called them were in the front row and gave him roses at the end. Miss Joyce (a major RCL cruiser) as some may know has been on the past 5 consecutive cruises just to see him. Perry asks her to turn on his disco lamp each evening. She has been accompanied by Miss Marilyn Dupree (as introduced by Perry and another of his favorite guests).

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Oct 30th Constellation a wonderful 11 day cruise. We saw Perry Grant a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed his show. We were on the cruise with 12 people and on formal night we took a photo doing positions. I gave this to Perry on the last night of our cruise. Our entire party attended the Rendezvous Lounge the night Perry performed and what a night it was, we all had so much fun.

My husband Larry who is also a musician absolutely loved him. Perry is so gifted on the piano he makes it look so effortless. He’s wonderful voice and selection of songs and light hearted comedy made him thoroughly enjoyable. He’s an entertainer with a capital E. There was a real genuiness about him. He added immensely to our enjoyment of the cruise.

My next cruise I take I will make sure he is on it.

I spoke to Joyce and she said Perry is on this cruise until March 2009. She believes he is taking some time off in March.

Perry did have the DVD available on this cruise which I purchased and it's GREAT!

Perry if you read this THANKS for the memories!

Jackie from Boston!

• 1 year later...

I just arrived home from the Constellation and had two weeks with Perry Grant. He's an amazing performer and a wonderful man. I'm a writer and songwriter, and I appreciate a great talent. He's a gifted pianist and definitely knows how to grab one's attention.

Happy New Year!

Trish Silver:)

http://trishsilver.com

• 4 weeks later...
I love this thread!

Perry is a friend of ours that we met through a neighbor...

He's sat down at our keyboard and entertained us at a number of neighborhood parties when he happens to be in South Florida...

I also keep up with him thru Facebook....

Would you know if he is going to be on the Constellation for the March 28 Panama Cruise? Thanks for any information you may have on this.

Archived