past cruiser 18+ years ago

OneAnnM19608

We went on our 1st and only cruise in 1988, so technically we are past cruisers (Carnival Holiday). I haven't kept anything to "prove" that I was on that cruise.

Carnival does not have records that go back that far.

I would like to be able to attend the past cruisers reception with our group who are also past cruisers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrea

Carnival Holiday 1988

Carnival Miracle 6/2008

I read here some place a while back that if you have a picture showing you on the ship that sometimes that will be enough for them to grant you past guest status. I don't know if it actually works but it would be worth a try.

I read here some place a while back that if you have a picture showing you on the ship that sometimes that will be enough for them to grant you past guest status. I don't know if it actually works but it would be worth a try.

I've heard the same thing. Your embarkation that shows the ship and date, works the best. So i've heard. Good luck.

We went on our 1st and only cruise in 1988, so technically we are past cruisers (Carnival Holiday). I haven't kept anything to "prove" that I was on that cruise.

Carnival does not have records that go back that far.

I would like to be able to attend the past cruisers reception with our group who are also past cruisers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrea

Carnival Holiday 1988

Carnival Miracle 6/2008

Andrea: Except for the past cruisers party...it won't help you much on your next cruise BUT it will help you become Platinum one cruise faster.

This is what you do..... go to http://www.carnival.com go under your Profile...go to the link that says add cruises. Fill in all the information about the missing cruise. They will contact you about needing "proof". Lots of things will do.

Embarkation picture....etc. You will have to fax them a copy. They will add your Holiday cruise. We had 8 cruises (the first as early as 1982 added).

Good Luck!!

The proof I sent them was the embarkation pictures - I always buy that one, as it shows the date, ship's name, homeport, and 'me'. I sent copies of those of my first few cruises. It helped in making me a 'platinum' cruiser.

I cruised 20 years ago in 1987, and didn't cruise again for 17 years.

I visited the Purser Desk with my Ship Boarding photo of my wife and I on the Jubilee. I told him that is all we had left over from the cruise. He said, "No problem" and we received an invitation, in our cabin, to the Past Guest party the day of the PG party.

On another note, I was lucky about 2 months after the cruise to be rummaging through some boxes and found my old Docs to the 1987 cruise. I sent copies of this information to Carnival and they "Officially" added my Jubilee 1987 cruise to my Cruise History, so it is now in their system of records.

Best of luck. I hope you kept a Ship Boarding Photo. :)

I'm in the same situation. I went on the Festivale and the Mardi Graw back in that late 80's and they are not in my cruise history. I talked to the rep at Carnival and they told me the same thing all the other posters said...fax a copy of something that proves you were on the ship. I've looked and I dont have our embarkation picture but I do have some pics of different places on the ship. I'm hoping they will do.

Good luck!

Karen

IT WORKS!

My husband and I had embarcation pix's of our 1986 and 1987 cruises. I fax'd copies of the pictures to Carnivla and they updated our records to reflect those cruises. It helps! Next cruise we will be platinum!

IT WORKS!

My husband and I had embarcation pix's of our 1986 and 1987 cruises. I fax'd copies of the pictures to Carnival and they updated our records to reflect those cruises. It helps! Next cruise we will be platinum!

• 2 weeks later...

To all of you that faxed a copy of your embarkation photo into Carnival how long did this process take? I went to the Carnival website and went to my profile and went to the cruise history and it showed 8 cruises. I am booked on the Pride in March and the Valor in September but I want to add the one on the Carnivale in 1984 so this upcoming March cruise will be my 10th. I submitted my request to add this cruise over a week ago a no one has replied back yet to ask for our photo. Should I call Carnival to start this process??

Any advise will help.

Archived