coffee makers

Misha

I don't recall this ever coming up. I always pack an immersion heater or mini water heater and coffee press for first thing in the morning coffee. I keep it on the shelf and nobody has said anything to me about it. The immersion heaters are not a real fire risk as the second the plugged in unit is out of the water it dies a quick death, never to be recovered.

The Navigator's coffee (except at the coffee bar) is almost undrinkable to this coffee addict. For room service I order an expresso along with the thermos of coffee to perk it up. But it's too oily and stale for me.

And then there is the tea concentrate. Don't even get me going on that. I love ice tea with lunch but this stuff is undrinkable. When I'm desperate I order a pot of tea, then a glass of ice cubes. Or, have an Amstel light, whichever comes first!

JoAnne B

Houston

Hmm, interested in the remark about iced tea. I've ordered iced tea a number of times and thought it was fine. Unsweetened, which is great, and because of this I'd always assumed it had been made from real tea, not powder. But then my expectations of iced tea are not high, coming from Canada, where generally you can't get real, unsweetened iced tea in a restaurant to save your life.

Wendy

The tea is not powdered. It comes in gallon jugs of commercially pre-made tea. You can see them fill the glasses directly from the jugs in Portofino's at lunch.

I've also had to request that they make my afternoon tea in Galileo's from bottled water as they sometimes use ship's water which leaves a strong chemical taste.

Archived