Latest Time Possible To Disembark Millennium?

jasm8449

My sons will be on the Millennium with their grandfather, who uses a walker and a wheelchair. Their flight out of Fort Lauderdale is not until 2:15pm. I'd like them to be able to spend as much time as possible on the ship, hopefully in their room or on their balcony before they have to disembark. (The ship docks at 7am).

After checking with their room steward to ensure that they are not holding him back from getting their cabin ready for the incoming guests (perhaps he can clean the vacated rooms first), what would/could be the latest time they must leave the ship?

Hi: Has been our experience that they will get people off the ship rather quickly due to the need to clear customs. We have never been able to stay on the ship much past 9:00, presuming the ship docks promply at 7:00. Personally, I would suspect that they will want all passengers off at 8:00, due to the early departure of the ship later in the day.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had a 3pm flight and my scheduled time to get off the ship was 8:30am.

Understand that the entire ship and the terminal must be totally cleared of the past cruisers and their luggage before they allow the next cruise to enter into the terminal. That is why the time is so early. I believe I heard that the terminal is usually cleared by 10am.

Here is a suggestion: We took a cab to the airport and rented a car for the day at a cost of approx $25 plus tax. It was an inexpensive way to occupy time and so some additional sightseeing.

I don't think I'd wait too long before heading to the airport with a 2:15 flight. They will need to get through customs and make their way to the airport, then stand in line to check in, then stand in line for security, then make their way to the gate. The airport will be CRAZY with people from all of the cruises trying to fly home and the same number of people trying to fly in for their cruise.

As others have said, though, they won't be allowed to wait in their cabin or on the ship. They will have to vacate their cabin around 8AM with disembarkation starting shortly after. Once they get checked in at the airport maybe they could go find a quiet place to get some lunch together. That's what we do.

You must be out of your cabin by 8am and in your assigned gathering place by that time. On our last Mille cruise, everyone was off by 9:15. As others have said, these cabins stewards have 16 cabins to clean before 11am, and asking them to refrain from cleaning a cabin isn't quite fair to the crew. BTW, my mom is in a wheelchair, and we want to be off the ship as early as possible. When you're disabled, you don't want to hassle with the crowds you get with leaving the ship later. I would rather sit at the airport with a disabled person rather than hassle with the pushing and shoving at the cruise terminal. On the cruise we disembarked last week, some of our fellow passengers were animals with their pushing, shoving and winging suitcases in every direction. I cannot tell you how many obnoxious people shoved my mom in her wheelchair.

Kitty - I am going to recommend to the boys that they ask for an early disembarkation color, but wait until the last color has disembarked, in order to make it easier for them to find their bags (the rest of the bags of their color would have been gone by then), and so that the terminal is not as crowded.

Archived