Our Friends in Mobile & surrounding areas...

ekerr19

We were on the Holiday sailing of the Noordam which was the first HAL ship with disembarkation in Mobile, Alabama.

To all the friendly, great, accomodating folks we met in Mobile... our prayers are with you - we enjoyed your city like no other. We never stayed in such a truly hospitable place.

Stay safe - we are praying Ivan will not be as devastating as they predict... we are thinking, praying and hoping you will weather this storm. :)

If there is anything we can do that can help -

PLEASE, let us know: lskerr@comcast.net

On behalf of those of us who hail from Mobile, thank you for your kind compliment about Mobilians. And on behalf of my family who are even now bunkered in just a few miles from Mobile Bay (I can no longer reach them by phone), thank you again for your kind thoughts. We weathered Camille along with Biloxi and had Frederic head on and, even though we know what they are, those big storms are never good news.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

Cheers,

Steve in Houston

Amen-hope they're all OK. I spoke with my sister and father this morning in Birmingham and they were just starting to get higher winds and a lot of rain. My sister told me that it appears that Mobile was spared somewhat by the storm veering to the east, but Pensacola really got clobbered and had tornadoes. I have a cousin in Pensacola but most of my family is up in Birmingham, so hopefully the hurricane will drop down to a tropical storm level soon.

It may be a day or so before we hear if beautiful Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Key survived. Highway 59, the main/only highway to the Gulf beaches is under water. Much debris and destruction where the road submerges. The mayor is heading toward the beaches in a boat!!!!

Family in Spring Hill section of Mobile is O.K. No power, trees down, etc.

Bev

Murphy Hi Class of '52

Archived