Voyager Horizan cabins Vibration

Cruisewoman79

I recall reading some posts about the bad vibrations in the H cabins on the Voyager. We booked our first cruise on Regent in an H (663).

The price for the same cabin in G is so much more that it seemed like a waste to pay that.

But if we are not going to sleep then I will pay it. Can anyone address that issue for us?

Thanks so much,

You will receive a variety of answers on this questions as both

people and cruise experiences differ. We are good sailors. We expect

a ship under sail to have some soft movement and we also allow for

stormy weather conditions. That said, I do feel that there is more

marked vibration in these cabins. Sometimes the glassware rattles,etc.

and if this goes on too long, one can become rattled. The vibration appears to increase with full speed and sea conditions.

Will it keep you awake? Well, I don't think so.........but I'm not you.

Suggest you do a "search" on this board for "Voyager vibration" -- there are been many threads (and many disagreements). A summary of what I have learned was to avoid aft cabins -- stay as mid-ship as possible. We were mid-ship on deck 10 -- our suite was fine -- the heaviest vibration we felt was aft.

I have been following the discussion on this topic on the threads since last year. The consensus (though a lot of controversy) seems to suggest vibration in cabins beyond the laundry room toward the back of the ship.

I stayed in Room 758 (deck 7) and there was no vibration.

Thank you to everyone for their comments. Much appreciated. I'll speak to my husband tonight to see if he wants to switch to a G midship.

OH heck with him.

I made a decision to just get a nice cabin and not have to worry about it.

so we're in 716 - close to the best cabins on board so how bad could they be!

thanks!:)

Cruisewoman:

We were in 719 in December and it was terrific. I did go down the hall aft to see if there was any noticable difference - hard to tell in the hallway though. We were talking to people though who were in an aft cabin and they were quite upset at the rattling - as opposed to a gentle swell/sway motion.

You should be really pleased with your cabin location though.

Have a great trip!

Rob

I've been in 716 before on the Voyager and it's not bad. Close to the front elevators and much better than the rear of the ship where you were. If a Category G opens mid-ship on deck 6 that's better yet. Mid-ship is the best, not just for least motion but also convenience of going to public rooms either forward and aft.

Suites slightly forward of the elevators are the way to go. Also check the deck diagrams on rssc.com to insure you are not above or below a potentially noisy area (the gym or pool, for instance). I learned this from Daniel Mason, Cruise Consultant on the Navigator (an amazing man). Hope I'm allowed to give his name. . . . :)

• 6 months later...

Cruisewoman79 - you made a great decision. We were in a Penthouse A cabin on deck 9 a few weeks ago and the vibration was more noticeable than expected. During our second night aboard the Voyager, we walked the length of deck 9 to see where the vibration became less intense. As soon as we were half way to the front of the ship, we could not feel the trembling sensation. 708 should be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Cruise Pfan: Please, please, how about a more detailed report on that vibration problem. I know there has been continued note and complaint about the problem but I had hoped it was bearable and the view from the aft suites was worth it. We are booked in 877 in December of '09. Thanks. Maxine

The vibration in our cabin (954) was noticeable while at sea. We are both seasoned sailors and don't mind some motion or vibration. In fact, when I was a kid and traveled with my parents on vacation, I always enjoyed motels that offered "Magic Finger" beds. (Do you remember them?)

While in port aboard the Voyager, there is no problem. During one afternoon of our cruise, we sat on our balcony and enjoyed some wine while leaving port. To our surprise, our wine glasses started shaking as soon as the ship's engines came to life. While at sea, if our glasses were completely full, we would have spilled wine on the balcony.

I expect every ship to have some vibrations and expect to feel some movement on all ships. This went beyond expectations. Others might say it was not a big deal. However, if I was planning on another Voyager cruise, I would book a cabin in the front half of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so subjective and, each cruise is a bit different. First, are you sensitive to the noise that the vibration causes? Will this bother you at night? Everyone's sensitivity is different. I was not bothered by the vibration of the ship or the noise (also noise near the anchor). My DH was not happy with the vibration. The vibration seems stronger when the shis is going faster.

Having said this, the Voyager remains our favorite ship. We'll be back on board in just over a month (slightly forward suite - deck 8).

Archived