On board credit...what can i pay with it?

mdxter

I recently booked a Thanksgiving cruise on the Glory and received a $100 on board credit per cabin. Now, can i use this to pay for the cabin steward? I am sure that i will use up the $100 credit before the end of the cruise but just in case i don't maybe i can use it to off set the tip charges....just wondering.

If you haven't used up that credit by the end of your cruise, then you're just not trying!!!

I agree! If you have not used it by the end of the cruise you MUST share your cruising technique and how to get off that dang ship with under $100 on your S&S card!!! :p

I have been told that I can use mine for anything that goes onto my S&S account. So, basically before I even step foot on the ship my onbard credit will have been spent since they take the gratuities as soon as you give them a credit card.

Thanks for the information guys. I am sure we will have used both of the cabin's on board credits (I had to pay for an inside cabin for my 3 and 1 year olds).

That leads me to another question. Since no one will be using the inside cabin (except for maybe as a storage for our luggages and stroller - because we are planning for kids to be with us for the duration of the cruise) do we have to pay for tip for the inside cabin??? Should i double up the tip for my cabin? I don't think i should because i know that my 3 and 1 year old will not be eating much.

Just wondering what everyone's opion is on this.

Since no one will be using the inside cabin (except for maybe as a storage for our luggages and stroller - because we are planning for kids to be with us for the duration of the cruise) do we have to pay for tip for the inside cabin??? Should i double up the tip for my cabin? I don't think i should because i know that my 3 and 1 year old will not be eating much.

The tips for both children will be automatically added to the inside cabin. That cabin steward is depending on those tips as well. I dont think I would request to have the tips removed, thats just me. If you want to tip your cabin steward an extra $20 it wouldnt hurt.

Thanks for the information guys. I am sure we will have used both of the cabin's on board credits (I had to pay for an inside cabin for my 3 and 1 year olds).

That leads me to another question. Since no one will be using the inside cabin (except for maybe as a storage for our luggages and stroller - because we are planning for kids to be with us for the duration of the cruise) do we have to pay for tip for the inside cabin??? Should i double up the tip for my cabin? I don't think i should because i know that my 3 and 1 year old will not be eating much.

The tips are not charged per cabin...they are charged per person, and yes, you will be charged for the little ones. While it might seem like it isn't fair...the tips are not for food, they are for service...and the little ones will require cleaning up after, beverage cups, food service, etc. Hope that helps.:)

You had to book a separate cabin for your kids and are not using it? Don't get me wrong - I am NOT saying to leave your kids that young in a cabin by themselves, I don't understand why you had to book two cabins. Why not a quad cabin?

IMO If you are not using the inside cabin I would not pay the tips for the room steward for that cabin IF I were tipping the room steward for the children in my cabin. Does that make sense? I keep re-reading my post and know what I'm trying to say but not sure if it is reading correctly. :rolleyes:

In other words, tip for the children but not double.

i booked an inside cabin for the little ones because it is cheaper for the first two people on an inside cabin than it is for the 3rd and 4th people in my balcony cabin. By doing it this way, i am saving about 150 total. Of course my kids are going to be with me the whole time in my cabin.

A couple of our other friends are doing this as well booking their kids on an inside cabin (4 max per inside cabin).

I just thought that since my children will not be using the room at all and i am planning to tell the room steward as soon as i get there that i should not have to pay. If i have to pay for the kids cleanings, then i think i should double up for my room steward. A long way to go so i have not decided. Thanks....

i booked an inside cabin for the little ones because it is cheaper for the first two people on an inside cabin than it is for the 3rd and 4th people in my balcony cabin. By doing it this way, i am saving about 150 total. Of course my kids are going to be with me the whole time in my cabin.

A couple of our other friends are doing this as well booking their kids on an inside cabin (4 max per inside cabin).

I just thought that since my children will not be using the room at all and i am planning to tell the room steward as soon as i get there that i should not have to pay. If i have to pay for the kids cleanings, then i think i should double up for my room steward. A long way to go so i have not decided. Thanks....

OHHHHHHHHHHH...OK...now it makes sense. For some reason I was thinking that maybe you have 4 kids, and had to book the second cabin for the extra 2, but were going to have them sleep with you... OK, then if you are not going to use the second room at ALL, I would say that it would be ok to talk to the purser's desk and have the charge removed for that cabin...but, also remember that part of those tips are for the dining room staff as well.

Maybe you will be lucky and will have the same cabin steward for both rooms. In which case you could just leave the tips on the kids room, and the cabin steward will get paid for servicing 4... he will just be doing so in one room rather than 2.

Maybe you will be lucky and will have the same cabin steward for both rooms.

Yes, if the inside cabin is across from the balcony, highly likely its the same cabin steward.

You might find the 2nd cabin is handy so two can take a shower or use the bathroom at the same time when getting ready for dinner.

4 in the same bathroom, even if 2 are small children can get crowded.

Use the 2nd bath to hand up wet bathing suits, stuff like that.

Great idea about the showering and hanging wet clothes in the spare cabin.

Also, i forgot about the waiters and dinning staff. I guess it is only fair to pay tips for the spare inside room.

You guys have been very helpful.

If the room steward for your inside cabin is say, for example, Bob, and the steward for your own cabin is Bill, Bill should get the tips for all four occupants in your cabin since Bob doesn't have to clean your inside cabin.

Archived