Having A Panic Attack!

jimvern1966

Can Anyone Tell Me What Time The Sovereign Left When It Left Early To Avoid One Of The Hurricanes? Was It The Same Day Or The Day Before? We Leave This Monday And I Know That Hurricane Jeanne Will Be Getting Close By Then. I Called Rccl And They Didn't Have Any Info Yet. I'm A Big Time Planner, These Up In The Air Situations Are Making Me Crazy. I Know Once I Get On Board I'll Be Fine But Until Then I'm Making Myself Sick.

I certainly feel for you, jimvern. I spent the last two months planning the perfect little weekend getaway and now it looks like the troublesome threesome of Frances, Ivan and Jeanne are going to throw a major monkey wrench into all those plans. First, Frances tore up Coco Cay, so that's out of the question. Now Ivan has caused flood watches to be issued in the mid-Atlantic, which is where I'm flying from tomorrow morning. Finally, Jeanne threatens to kill the Nassau port call as well. I wish I could have flown down a day early but I had to spend a chunk of my vacation days to attend a funeral, two weddings and a divorce hearing. I just couldn't get out of working tonight. I won't rest 'til I'm on that ship!

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do but wait. RCI is not going to change their itineraries until they absolutely have to because of port closures. They probably won't know anything about Monday's sailings until Sunday night.

Shes not kidding she's making herself sick. I refuse to worry about it! I have faith I will be on the ship come Monday. Blinded that I may be. Oh by the way don't tell her about Tropical storm #12 she will have a stoke.

Burnsie

I was in the same predicament two weeks ago,as I was on the NOS that left two days late due to our "friend",Frances.

They changed my flights so many times,I was stressing big-time. I told my BF that I would not relax til I got on the ship.

In the end,it worked out well. But Lizard,to tell that stressed person to get a grip and a life was uncalled for. I am sure if it were your cruise you would be stressed,too.

But Lizard,to tell that stressed person to get a grip and a life was uncalled for. I am sure if it were your cruise you would be stressed,too.

I have a cruise out of Miami coming up in exactly a week (I guess you missed my countdown clock).

With Hurricane/Tropical Storm Jeanie and the new tropical depression now formed, I may have some delays, interruptions, port changes or a cancellation.

Whatever happens, I will deal with it in a rational manner. Life (and Mother Nature) sometimes throws us curve balls, but I will never sink to having a panic attack, being sick or crazy!!

So, in a very real sense, it is my cruise also !!

lizardhowson

Wow, you should be a counselor. You have a great gift of encouraqement and compassion. Have a great cruise you jerk.

Let's tell it like it really is !!

Tens of thousands of Americans have lost some or all of their homes, businesses or property in recent weeks. Those poor folks have every right to be crazy, be sick or have a panic attack.

Someone who is "stressed" over details of a luxury cruise should count their blessings that they are even able to go on a cruise. Does this really rise to the level of a panic attack?

We should not patronize such posters. It's time for a huge dose of reality!!

I hope everyone who is scheduled for a cruise (as I am) gets to complete their vacation, but if some changes do occur, those changes aren't likely to result in life altering catastrophes. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a cruise and even being disappointed if problems occurr. But I see way too many posters declaring extraordinary concerns about issues that really don't warrant such obviously overinflated emotional responses !!

Americans need to keep it real !!

Burnsie,

Tropical Storm Karl, won't be a bother to anyone. Its projected to go north into the Atlantic and not even get close to the Caribbean or States. At least one has diverted. and I beleive we are in peak season either now or very shortly. Tropical activity should start to simmer down some

Some people do not handle unpredictability or changes very well. I know I hate when things screw up my plans so in that sense I can understand. JimVern, I wish you the best of luck and hope nothing happens. The most important thing is to get on that ship and have fun! Don't worry about what "others" say. It's totally uncalled for.

I certainly feel for you, jimvern. I spent the last two months planning the perfect little weekend getaway and now it looks like the troublesome threesome of Frances, Ivan and Jeanne are going to throw a major monkey wrench into all those plans. First, Frances tore up Coco Cay, so that's out of the question. Now Ivan has caused flood watches to be issued in the mid-Atlantic, which is where I'm flying from tomorrow morning. Finally, Jeanne threatens to kill the Nassau port call as well. I wish I could have flown down a day early but I had to spend a chunk of my vacation days to attend a funeral, two weddings and a divorce hearing. I just couldn't get out of working tonight. I won't rest 'til I'm on that ship!

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do but wait. RCI is not going to change their itineraries until they absolutely have to because of port closures. They probably won't know anything about Monday's sailings until Sunday night.

The latest tracking show Jeanne not getting within 200 miles of Nassau, unless that changes you won't have to worry about it preventing you from stopping there.

I Was Having A Bad Moment When I Posted That First Post, And I Just Needed A Boost, I Knew You'd All Come Thru For Me. I've Been Planning This Weekend Away For Months And Months, The Kids Are Staying With Grandma And I'm Finally Getting My Hubbie All To Myself (we Work Different Shifts). The Thought Of Loosing That Kinda Got Me A Little Crazy Yesterday. And Just To Let Ya Know- I Also Live In Fla And Have Been Affected By The Recent Hurricanes, I Thank God My Family And Freinds Are Okay. Thanks Again For All The Encouragement!!!!

The latest tracking show Jeanne not getting within 200 miles of Nassau, unless that changes you won't have to worry about it preventing you from stopping there.

Latest tracking now shows land fall somewhere potentially in between Canaveral and Jacksonville. Still gonna be rough on the Atlantic next week and some rather nasty weather

Vern your intitled to your panic attack after the last six months youv'e had! Let's see a reverse iliostomy (sp) with one inlaw, two major strokes with the other, brain surgery for a possible cancer with BIL. Our Mother being sick, Bronchitis and pnuemonia with the kids and I'm sure I lost track of some stuff. We won't even mention the three hurricanes! You deserved a little lapse.

Lizard breath and I mean that lovingly, sometimes you just need to think before you type because youn ever know what the other person is going through.

All right I'm done defending the little sister! lol I'm official on vacation as of 4:30 so it's time to go out for dinner and pack for the crusie!!!!!!!

burnsie

Blast away I'm too happy!!

I can feel for the original poster as I'm a planner too - just my nature (been researching/planning since Feb!). I try to "go with the flow" but certain people have certain personality traits (like me) when something goes topsy-turvy it can make them nuts! I have 38 days to go cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale (is it still there?) and if we can't stop any where for what ever reason along the way, I'll park my butt in a chair by the pool and make the best of it just as long as I get on the boat!!!

The most manic planners know that the best plans are those that have very elaborate contingency plans backing up each aspect of the core plan! :) I'm a Walt Disney World maven. Planning my WDW vacations was not only a common activity for me, but a passion (so much so that I became a rated WDW advisor on About.com's AllExperts.com service -- I've had great fun helping lots of folks plan their own WDW vacations!) For our WDW vacations, I'd have plans, and plans within the plans, and contingencies in case this park was closed due to capacity, and contingencies in case we wanted seafood instead of pasta, and contingencies if it rained, and contingencies if it was "too sunny"! :D:D:D

I don't do that anymore, just because it doesn't matter anymore. We've been there so much that if we miss something or don't do something or whatever it's all good... we've done so much of it that often. However, for something I haven't done much (yet), or don't do often, I can readily see getting deeply into the planning spiral... contingencies for the contingencies...

Bicker - Have you got to the point yet where you don't even take a camera?

We've been that way for our vacations to Vegas for several years now. It was kind of funny the first time I said to my wife "we should take a picture of that" and we realized neither of us had bothered to bring a camera.

Oh no no no Jerzzgirl!!! On one trip, it was my wife and I, and my two brother's families. There were online surveys, complete with links for each attraction and restaurant we were considering to my own description of it and any photos of the attraction I had available. Then, once the votes were tallied, there was a schedule published, both in grid form and as a daily schedule.

Lemme try to find the links here.... Ah! Here it is:

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/LoadNews.html

Oh yeah... we even did up a grocery list!

Now that was the core plan. Here was the contingency plan, just in case something was up with the Magic Kingdom on Saturday night.

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/AttractionsItineraryDMGMSat.html

Oh man, was I obsessed with planning!!! I'm feeling much better now. :D

Have you got to the point yet where you don't even take a camera?

No. However, I used to be a moderator on a popular Disney message board, and ran a weekly chat. One trip, I spent the entire time taken digital photographs of lamps, sconces, etc. Then came back and had a two hour trivia contest, "Guess where this lamp is." What was really remarkable is that someone guessed correctly, within 30 seconds, for every single photo except one (which was a very tight close-up I took of a lamp post in a model train set-up they had in Germany).

Oh no no no Jerzzgirl!!! On one trip, it was my wife and I, and my two brother's families. There were online surveys, complete with links for each attraction and restaurant we were considering to my own description of it and any photos of the attraction I had available. Then, once the votes were tallied, there was a schedule published, both in grid form and as a daily schedule.

Lemme try to find the links here.... Ah! Here it is:

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/LoadNews.html

Oh yeah... we even did up a grocery list!

Now that was the core plan. Here was the contingency plan, just in case something was up with the Magic Kingdom on Saturday night.

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/AttractionsItineraryDMGMSat.html

Oh man, was I obsessed with planning!!! I'm feeling much better now. :D

I was just reading my DH the related threads and he said "it's nice to know there are other people more wacked out then my wife is" LOL :D Oh, to be so carefree....!

Archived