Mercury-Do you hear kitchen above Continental cabins?

steviem1

What is the empty space directly foreward of 4125?

I honestly don't remember but cabin isn't how it's shown on the picture it has different plan.

It's more parallel to the windows. If you want to separate beds they will be perpendicular to each other... Bathroom is also not next to the closet but in the end of the room.

Thanks, Tatka.

I found your pictures linked in your signature. In this one http://community.webshots.com/photo/87890932/87891086qgtosI it appears that there is a door at the far right of the picture which would appear to lead into the mysterious empty space. Would that perhaps be the entrance to the cabin, making the empty space a hallway, so that the cabin doesn't open directly into the stairs and elevators? I'm trying to picture where that bathroom is. Is it near where the picture was taken from?

Sorry for so many question, just getting excited. We're there in less than two weeks!

• 1 month later...

Want to hear from former cruisers on the Mercury. Do you hear kitchen noises in the rooms below the kitchen on the Continental Deck? We are in room 4120 and are worried that we will hear movement above us from the kitchen. Help!!!

Thanks,

Stevie

Oops, sorry. I was going to report back on our room on Mercury and just forgot. We had 4112 - we did notice noise but it did not bother us much. It sounded like someone kicking the side of the ship with steel toed boots. Must have been from the kitchen. It did stop usually around 11:30PM though. There was also an almost pleasant "hum" from what I assume are the engines - similar to a fan being on. We slept just fine. Enjoy

Thanks, Tatka.

I found your pictures linked in your signature. In this one http://community.webshots.com/photo/87890932/87891086qgtosI it appears that there is a door at the far right of the picture which would appear to lead into the mysterious empty space. Would that perhaps be the entrance to the cabin, making the empty space a hallway, so that the cabin doesn't open directly into the stairs and elevators? I'm trying to picture where that bathroom is. Is it near where the picture was taken from?

Sorry for so many question, just getting excited. We're there in less than two weeks!

I am sorry I didn't get back sooner.

This door at the far right is leading to the bathroom. As I said Cat.8 cabins...at least 4125 is L-shaped and has different design. I think it is very convenient ..as it gives more space to use closets.

We had room 4085 last May. I was very worried by reading posts of being under the galley and being near the elevator, packed various types of earplugs(never needed them)... I couldn't have asked for a better room..It was very quite, only heard a hammering noise(from above)once that lasted all of a few minutes and what seemed like feet stomping(from above) for only a few minutes. We were told that the kitchen staff elevator was above us... Being next to the passenger elevator was great, being mid-ship made it very convienent. We heard absolutely no noise from the passenger elevator or passengers rideing it...

We just came off the Galaxy where we were assigned cabin 1105 on deck 10. The noise from above where the Oasis cafe prep room is located was so bad all night long that we asked to be moved after the second night. They were very accommodating and moved us to 5060 which was quiet as could be. I definitely would not book a room under any food prep area. I thought the noise would only be in the day time, but all night long pans were banging and it sounded like carts being rolled across the floor.

I was very concerned about my room on the Century. Moved it back from under the galley to under teh dining room (4115 to 4143). The room was great...very peaceful, and I'm an extremely light sleeper. I think you'll be happy with your decision to move further aft, Steve.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from the Mercury and after two sleepless nights in our cabin--begged for another cabin. At 3:30AM we heard plates, water running, etc. in the kitchen above. After the first night, we were promised that this would not happen again. On the second night, they moved us immediately to another room and then the next morning gave us a choice of two alternative rooms. We decided to move from Aft to For on the same hall. It made a big difference.

I talked to Celebrity about the cabin 4120 before I booked and they assured me that there would be no problem. Yeah!!

Buyer beware, don't book under the kitchen unless you are deaf or sleep like the dead!

Stevie

Archived