Tux rental service

landj4always

My dh has rented the total package (shoes, tux, etc.) each and every cruise, and has already reserved his tux for our April cruise. The service has been good - you pick up the tux when you embark, and return it before you debark. (we usually return it right after the last formal nite) Considering the turnover of people who rent/wear the tuxes, they are in great shape, and usually fit quite well for a rental. If it doesn't fit, they can exchange it/fix it right there in the shop. I am sure you can get them cheaper on land, but dh refuses to take up the room in his luggage to pack one. I just pulled up the charge, and it was $110 to rent everything. Don't know what land rates are (dh owns his own). Make sure to pack black socks - that is the only thing not included.

We haven't rented but can give you a suggestion if you decide to rent on the ship. Print the form from the internet and take it to a local taylor. They may charge a small fee but it will be worth it to get the correct size.

Many have talked about buying one online through Ebay. Some have gotten great deals and if you plan to cruise more then once it will pay for itself.

I have rented a tuxedo on a few different cruises on a few different cruise lines and for the most part was fairly satisfied with the experience. However, I did have some problems the last time I rented a tux (Valor 2005).

Since the cruise had 2 formal nights there were 2 shirts in the "package". On the 2nd formal night I was quite surprised to find out that although it was marked the same size as the 1st night's shirt the sleeves were about 4 inches shorter, which was about 3 1/2 inches too short for me to wear AND the tux shop was closed when I figured this out. Also, the tux itself was a little thread worn.

I have since purchased my own tux for under $100 off the internet and a couple of name brand tux shirts for $20 each at a local discount store and some flashy cummerbund/bowtie & studs/cufflinks sets for a little more.

While I was generally happy with renting a tux I am much happier now with my own.

If you are to rent a tux I would recommend just going to your local tux rental store and have them measure you. They will be more than happy to (I think it is a professional courtesy).

I'm assuming you are refering the the external Tux rental companies that deliver a tux to your room.

This Tux rental service is not offered on Carnival. I know it's available on HAL.

However, Carnival does have Tux rental on board, and you can order a Tux in advance through Carnival's Bon Voyage department.

Best of luck.

We have rented for my husband twice (Princess, and most recently the Pride)... It wasn't bad. However, since we are now cruising on the average of once per year-ish - I kept DH's measurements this time and will be looking for deals on the internet for a tux. I don't mind packing it to save $110-150. I will just have it pressed when we get onboard, or steam it.

It seemed to fit well, although a little tight in the neck. Be careful when carrying it to you cabin - we had two hangers break and everything dropped to the bottom of the bag. Otherwise, it was fine. Both times, he got measured at the local tux shop with no problems and no charge.

Have a great cruise!

We just rented on our January Miracle trip. No problems whatsoever. Got our measurements at a local formal shop, called them in to Bon Voyage Dept two weeks before sailing, and picked up our tuxes onboard the day we boarded.

Tuxes were in great shape, everything fit perfectly, no hassles.

Archived