Whistler Pre-Cruise questions

ejhall

Those of you who have taken the Whistler Mountaineer pre-cruise package, please reply!!!

My questions (at this point ;) ) are concerning timing...

What time were you picked up from your hotel in Vancouver to get the transfer to the train?

What time did you get to Whistler?

For the bus ride to the ship on departure day, what time did you get picked up from your hotel in Whistler?

What time did you get to the Pier in Vancouver?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :D

ejhall

• 2 months later...

I haven't answered because we booked this independently...not part of a cruise package...but since no one has replied I would think the hotel pick-up times would be the same or similar to the times that are listed on the Mountaineer web site.

Did they not provide you with this info when you booked? Or are you wanting the info before you book?

I haven't answered because we booked this independently...not part of a cruise package...but since no one has replied I would think the hotel pick-up times would be the same or similar to the times that are listed on the Mountaineer web site.

Did they not provide you with this info when you booked? Or are you wanting the info before you book?

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that info already, but on the RCCL website it says pickup from Whistler is in the morning, so I was trying to find out how early.

I am already booked thru RCCL and they have not provided the info yet. I expect it will come with the documents, which are still a ways away from arriving.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. I had seen that info already, but on the RCCL website it says pickup from Whistler is in the morning, so I was trying to find out how early.

I am already booked thru RCCL and they have not provided the info yet. I expect it will come with the documents, which are still a ways away from arriving.

I was told by RC that pick up in Whistler was 8:30-9:00AM because the bus ride was 3 hours. That should put us at the port around noonish and ready for lunch. I just answered a post (Anyone going to Whistler in 2008) and it has a little more info. My ticket does say where we are staying in Vancouver and that we will be receiving more info when we arrive in Vancouver and Whistler. It did not say where we were staying in Whistler but when I called RC this morning they had the info and were quite helpful.

Sharron

• 4 weeks later...

:D Just wondering if anyone knows what the average temps might be during the day for the first few days in July? It's time to think about packing for me and I'm trying to figure out if I should bring long pants, capris or shorts :confused: (or some combination of them).

Thanks for all the help everyone! I'm really getting excited now!

ejhall

:D Just wondering if anyone knows what the average temps might be during the day for the first few days in July? It's time to think about packing for me and I'm trying to figure out if I should bring long pants, capris or shorts :confused: (or some combination of them).

Thanks for all the help everyone! I'm really getting excited now!

ejhall

The temps in the Village should be in the mid-70's by then but much cooler if you go up on the mountain. So bring a combination of everything plus suglasses, sunscreen (very high UV up there) and a jacket in case of rain. I have just returned from up there and it is spectacular.

The temps in the Village should be in the mid-70's by then but much cooler if you go up on the mountain. So bring a combination of everything plus suglasses, sunscreen (very high UV up there) and a jacket in case of rain. I have just returned from up there and it is spectacular.

Thanks Putterdude. I was hoping it might be in the neighborhood of the 70's. :D

We're going to have a day and a half up there, any suggestions on what to do? We will probably take one of the goldola rides, but I was looking for something else, maybe a horseback ride or something like that. Our only problem is that we won't have a car, so we'll need a pick-up from the Village. :eek: I don't know if any of the tour companies up there do that...

Thanks again!

ejhall

PS I have friends (actually, its sister of a friend) that lives in Sechelt. My friend visits her sister each year and is looking forward to the day she can retire and move up there. The pictures she brings back of that area make me think it will be on my list to visit some day!

You don't need a car to see or take part in the tours in Whistler - the town was developed along the lines of the European ski resorts where everything is accessible from the town center. Renting a bike and taking in the Valley trail is a great way to see the area - you past by Lost Lake, Green Lake, Alta Lake, Alpha and Nina Lakes if you do the entire Valley trail - there are four golf courses - one of the mountains will offer summer skiing on the Glacier and both should have their mountain biking park up and running - Whistler's is already up and running - it was a blast watching the bikers careen down the mountain and come to a screeching halt at the bottom in the Village last week - there is also bungee jumping, zip lining, old growth forest tours - the list is endless - check out either http://www.whistler.com or http://www.tourismwhistler.com for more great ideas.

There is also local bus service to get you between the various point in the Valley.

Cheers

Dennis

Hope this helps

Not being a horse person I really don't know much about horse rentals & tours but I believe they do have them up there and would likely pick you up. If you golf....well that I can help you with and all of the courses have club rentals. The are a number of places that rent bicycles and there are lots of level paved paths and trails that interlock the various elements of the valley. You can easily loose a half a day wandering around in the village looking at the shops. There are tons of very fine restaurants catering to all tastes, appitites and pocket books. You won't be bored.

PS I have friends (actually, its sister of a friend) that lives in Sechelt. My friend visits her sister each year and is looking forward to the day she can retire and move up there. The pictures she brings back of that area make me think it will be on my list to visit some day!

Thats is interesting with a pop of only about 8,000 people not many people outside of Vancouver know about us here. It is a lovely spot and a place that adopted us 4 years ago when I retired. DW and I had lived all our lives in Vancouver and wern't sure how we were going to adapt moving from 2m+ people to 8,000 but we love it. There are not many places left in this world where your neighbours look our for you and your home and you can leave your front door and windows unlocked when you go out during the day.

Thats is interesting with a pop of only about 8,000 people not many people outside of Vancouver know about us here. It is a lovely spot and a place that adopted us 4 years ago when I retired. DW and I had lived all our lives in Vancouver and wern't sure how we were going to adapt moving from 2m+ people to 8,000 but we love it. There are not many places left in this world where your neighbours look our for you and your home and you can leave your front door and windows unlocked when you go out during the day.

Sounds like my kinda place! :cool: I come from a very rural area on the east coast. The big industries there were farming, crabbing and raising chickens! We moved several years ago and now I work in what I call a big city. But the people that were born and raised there (Wilmington, DE) think it's small! :eek: One day, I'll have time to visit the rural areas of BC when Hubby and I retire, and am really looking forward to it!

Thanks for your help!!

Not being a horse person I really don't know much about horse rentals & tours but I believe they do have them up there and would likely pick you up. If you golf....well that I can help you with and all of the courses have club rentals. The are a number of places that rent bicycles and there are lots of level paved paths and trails that interlock the various elements of the valley. You can easily loose a half a day wandering around in the village looking at the shops. There are tons of very fine restaurants catering to all tastes, appitites and pocket books. You won't be bored.

We're not golfers, unfortunately! Never could get that swing right! My mother and I are looking forward to Whistler. She has some trouble with uneven ground, or ground with large inclines. But we're sure we'll have plenty to do.

Thanks for your help!

You don't need a car to see or take part in the tours in Whistler - the town was developed along the lines of the European ski resorts where everything is accessible from the town center. Renting a bike and taking in the Valley trail is a great way to see the area - you past by Lost Lake, Green Lake, Alta Lake, Alpha and Nina Lakes if you do the entire Valley trail - there are four golf courses - one of the mountains will offer summer skiing on the Glacier and both should have their mountain biking park up and running - Whistler's is already up and running - it was a blast watching the bikers careen down the mountain and come to a screeching halt at the bottom in the Village last week - there is also bungee jumping, zip lining, old growth forest tours - the list is endless - check out either http://www.whistler.com or http://www.tourismwhistler.com for more great ideas.

There is also local bus service to get you between the various point in the Valley.

Cheers

Dennis

Hope this helps

Biking is not going to be our thing, but thanks for the reply. My mother has some issues with her knees, so we need level ground for walking. We'll probably just see what she feels like doing when we get there. It's nice to know how the village is set-up and we're really looking forward to our trip!

Archived