Paying for Excursions

findingnemoks

Hello All,

First time cruiser here (sailing 10-5-08 on the Conquest) and I'm so excited.

My husband and are looking at the various excursions and I think we've narrowed down where we want to go.

I know you can book your excursions on the Carnival Website; my question is: Do those get charged to your S&S card (meaning I have a balance before I even step on board) or is that something that gets paid as part of my balance (if not, do I have this option?)

Thanks!

Precious

Hello All,

My husband and are looking at the various excursions and I think we've narrowed down where we want to go.

I know you can book your excursions on the Carnival Website; my question is: Do those get charged to your S&S card (meaning I have a balance before I even step on board) or is that something that gets paid as part of my balance (if not, do I have this option?)

Thanks!

Precious

It gets charged to your credit card right away.I'm not sure if you have other options other than to wait until you are onboard.

Hello All,

Thanks!

Precious

We booked our excursions online through their website and didn't see the charges until we got our s&s bill at the end of the cruise.

I'm pretty sure we were charged for the excursions at the end of our cruise. I usually book the excursions online right before we leave for the cruise and wouldn't see them until I got my s&s bill. We sailed on the Elation so I don't know if they do something differently than the other ships.

You might want to call Carnival and ask about the funship dollars. Not sure about that one. :confused:

You pay for them with a credit card when you book them online. They do show up on your sail and sign account list, but the bill also shows a subtraction because they were pre-paid.

I noticed this on our last cruise. I was all ready to get upset because we were being charged for an excursion - but the negative amount was at the end of the bill. :)

You can also wait and book them on board - but then they will definitely be added to your sail and sign account.

You pay for them with a credit card when you book them online. They do show up on your sail and sign account list, but the bill also shows a subtraction because they were pre-paid.

I noticed this on our last cruise. I was all ready to get upset because we were being charged for an excursion - but the negative amount was at the end of the bill. :)

You can also wait and book them on board - but then they will definitely be added to your sail and sign account.

This is the way I remember it. The first time we saw them we also got upset but then relized they were subtracted at the end.

That's what it was! I remembered seeing them on my bill at the end but they were definitely subtracted from the balance due. :p

Hello All,

Thanks!

Precious

Hi Precious,

I know that as a "1st timer" you might feel more comfortable with using the ship excursions, but if you haven't done do alrady, please visit the CC Port of Call board.

We went on a cruise in Oct and prior to then, had always used the ship excursions. WOW! What an awakening! There's so much more to do, at a possibly cheaper cost and with reputable tour operators. We went on 5 excursions, none booked through the cruise, all but 1 were fantastic. We went to the S Caribbean. The feedback received on the boards was extremely helpful, pros and cons.

Since you have lots of time, please take a peek. Whatever you don't see, query for on the internet, then come back and ask on the board. For October, there's no rush to book excursions.

Have fun:)

Annette

I booked an excursion for our cruise in two weeks and I booked it over a month ago and it has NOT hit my CC yet. I was kinda hoping to prepay as well, but since the weather has been playing heck with the carribean departures(fog) maybe they are not charging until you hit the port because it is a hassle to refund.

Archived