Got My Passport in 6 Days!

GMoney

I thought this might be helpful to those of you in the same boat, so to speak...

I recently had to renew my passport. I submitted the paperwork at a local post office on 1/24, and today I received the new passport in the mail (my birth certificate also came in a separate envelope).

I'm very pleasantly surprised! Now I just need somewhere to go! :)

I thought this might be helpful to those of you in the same boat, so to speak...

I recently had to renew my passport. I submitted the paperwork at a local post office on 1/24, and today I received the new passport in the mail (my birth certificate also came in a separate envelope).

I'm very pleasantly surprised! Now I just need somewhere to go! :)

We could tell you where to go, but that wouldn't be nice! jk! That's great news, we're debating if it's to late to get ours by April!!

I know, I received mine in 13 days, my husband got his in 6. I thought mine came fast because they were replacing a lost one, but DH's was a brand new passport application and he got his faster. I was very happy and excited.:D

Arrgh!!!:(

Just what I didn't want to hear.:p

I HAVE somewhere to go and NO passport. I sent mine in for renewal on 1/29 figuring I had nowhere to go until fall. On 2/1 a friend asked if I wanted to go to Antigua for a week in a beachfront condo, only cost to me is airline ticket and food, of course.

Can't book a flight not knowing when I might get pp and if I were to get it this week, may not be able to get a flight.

I applied for mine on Jan 10, 2008 and it hasn't arrived as of today!

When I check online, it's being processed, it has been in the processing state since Jan 19th. Plus the fact I am a Certified Passport Processing Agent, didn't seem to move it along!:)

That was great news for you Patrick, but if it becomes the norm, what excuse will they use when the next deadline comes up and they decide to extend it again.;) I've lost track of how many extensions they have made since the original deadline a few years ago.:rolleyes:

That was great news for you Patrick, but if it becomes the norm, what excuse will they use when the next deadline comes up and they decide to extend it again.;) I've lost track of how many extensions they have made since the original deadline a few years ago.:rolleyes:

LOL - that's true! But I can't complain; I recently benefitted from one of those extensions...:D :eek:

Archived