Best thing for sea sickness

jackdallas

We've been using this for the last few years, and we take them once a day and also on the day of embarkation.

We've had no side effects, and we take the generic, which is very inexpensive.

http://www.drugs.com/meclizine.html

This is the same as the non-drowsy version of Dramamine and Bonine.

Mel

I'd been on numerous "sight-seeing" cruises with no problems at all. So imagine my surprise when on the second day of my Carribbean cruise I wasn't feeling too hot. On the third day, even on solid ground (a port day) I wasn't even interested in shopping. DH knew it was time for a trip to the infirmary. Where, right by the door was a large envelope, pinned to the wall, filled with Meclizine tablets. FREE! Just poke your hand in the door and take what you need! The label reads to take every 12 hours, but I found that I needed them about every 10 hours to feel my best. I also lived on Ginger Ale for the remainder of my cruise.

Once a day before bed, 1 Bonine pill or one of the drugstore equivalents works great for me. Also, I have taken it when I start to feel sick and it still worked, so for me it was a curative , not just a preventive. YMMV.

i second the ginger pills, they were a miracle cure for me. I take 2 before we start sailing and one every 3 or so hours the entire cruise. You can get them at Walmart, Ginger Root Capsules, for about $4.50 for 100. Even my skeptical father in law used them last time and swore by them!

and if you have really bad sea's like we did this last cruise, I take 2 every 3 hours.

good luck and hope you find something, I for one know how miserable it is to be sick on a cruise.:p

GREAT NEWS!!! I use seabands and dramamine but on my last cruise we hit a nor'easter with 30+ foot swells and I didn't do well at all. I really didn't want to do the patch. I have put this on my list of things to purchase.

Thanks

Take GRAVOL .WE get it in Canada at the pharmacy

For some reason it is behind the counter

half a tablet is enough even a quarter of a tablet -easy to break

There is also a natural gravol made with Ginger and it works

I always take both with me

Usually need it the first nights or if it is rough out there

Nobody gets as queazy as me .This stuff really works but it does make you a little sleepy so 1 quarter is often enough

Good luck

Michele

Archived