Vacuum Packing Clothes in Luggage

coco6

Yes your clothes do come out wrinkled! I don't use them on the way out - cuz I don't want to deal with all those wrinkles and yes it does make the bag heavier cuz you can stuff more in it.

I do however bring them along for the trip home! No matter how hard I try I can never get everything back in as nicely - so I stuff the bags with my dirty clothes (don't care if they now get wrinkled) and it so much easier to pack for the flight home!

Has anyone used these recently with the weight restrictions? Just curious if this is worth trying.

We've been using these bags for years and just have to remember to not overstuff the suitcases. The weight restrictions have been in place for a while now.

We use Space Savers when we don't have to fly, we did this on our last cruise and used the bags you sit on. They worked great, and I'll use them again. But, word of warning, your clothes come out twice as wrinkled, even if you roll them. I couldn't find a steamer in time(I thought I had one, and forgot that it broke) and NCL Star didn't have a laundry room or irons, and the Downy Wrinkle Release didn't work well enough. I did just buy a steamer online and I use it ALL the time now, I'm ready to put my heavy duty one on Craigslist. If you aren't worried about the weight of the suitcase, I'd use those bags, just leave room for a steamer!

I have no idea where to post this question but since I'm cruising in July on the Carnival Destiny, I decided to ask this question here.

I was thinking of vacuum packing my clothes in those plastic bags that you can suck the air out of, that way I can fit more clothes in my luggage but I can't find a travel size or compact vacuum cleaner to suck the air back out of the bag once I go to re-pack my clothes on the way back home. Does anyone know of any device I could use to get this accomplished?

Thanks

Travel Space Saver bags do not require a vacuum, all you do is roll the bag and the air is removed.

I do not recommend this anyways because the more you vacuum seal your items the more room you have in your luggage allowing you to put more stuff in it and making it very heavy, there is also a weight requirement if you are flying of 50 LBS.

I tried this idea in the past, its just not worth it because of the weight issue.

Fred

I have no idea where to post this question but since I'm cruising in July on the Carnival Destiny, I decided to ask this question here.

I was thinking of vacuum packing my clothes in those plastic bags that you can suck the air out of, that way I can fit more clothes in my luggage but I can't find a travel size or compact vacuum cleaner to suck the air back out of the bag once I go to re-pack my clothes on the way back home. Does anyone know of any device I could use to get this accomplished?

Thanks

We just got back from a 12 day in hawaii and I used the space saver bags to,, But what did was get the room stewart to come in and he sucked the air out with his vacuum,, and I left him a few dollars as a tip,

Archived