Papers did not Arrive. What to do?

jdr1000

Our boarding papers did not arrive (Carib Princess Oct 2nd), I could tell you the long story the travel agency told me but I guess it will not serve me at all.

The question is, the TA told me I could arrive at the pier terminal with passport or picture ID and they will have my papers.

1- Is this correct?

2- Booked a suite and have priority embarcation, will I have to make two lines?

3- Where do I get my luggage tags, will this be a problem?

I guess I am not the only one going through these questions and this board is full of experienced cruisers that have done this before.

Thank you for your help.

Yes you can do all of the above, however if I were booked in a Suite by a TA I would expect much better service from that TA in handling this...unacceptable, they can get your documents to you still they just don't want to be bothered administratively and also Princess will charge your TA for the loss documents. When you check-in at Platinum/Eilte and Suites check-in they will take care of evrything for you including luggage tags and only have to get into this one line and do everything at once..Tis is what's called a Pier Pick up and it's done only to those that would have booked within 10 days or less, otherwise it will be OK don't need to worry!....enjoy your cruise!

Thank you everyone for your help. Especially Dosi for the pen suggestion, I will probably bring two just in case.

Now seriously thanks and I will double check the cruise personalizer.

On the TA, they are in Orlando and with the storms and all; I am cutting them some slack.

Thanks again, always a fast response.

Then I might start looking for a new TA for my next cruise.

I think that is a little harsh if you don't know the whole story. The docs are more of a formality than anything else. No body really needs them. If you do all your on line registration and bring appropriate ID I don't believe not having your docs will really impede you at all.

I think that is a little harsh if you don't know the whole story. The docs are more of a formality than anything else. No body really needs them. If you do all your on line registration and bring appropriate ID I don't believe not having your docs will really impede you at all.

...and with e-docs, like airline tickets, right around the corner for everyone, they're issuing them right now for last minute bookers

The only part of the documents that anyone at the pier is really interested in is the credit card authorization form. They have lots of those handy, just in case. I'm not sure about transfers, if you have paid for those, since that chit is also included in the documents.

What about transfers? I have always needed the form for the transfer to get me to the pier. On my Alaska cruises, it seems that they took my luggage before I was past security and cabin check-in. But I've never had priority check-in or anything special.

I would verify with Princess that you are a valid passenger for sure. Then, have a wonderful cruise!

It's not unusual to not receive your docs until a week or so before the cruise. Nerve-wracking but it's not unusual. I wouldn't start worrying until later this week. And definitely contact your TA.

Print out a copy of the Cruise Personalizer and bring it with you. :)

We will be sailing on the CP this upcoming saturday Sep25 We did get our docs. But, yesterday we added our 13 year old daughter to our cruise <cruise is full but we are booked in a quad anyway> and was told by cruise line and TA we will not be getting any docs since we cruise in 4 days. However, 72 hrs before we cruise we HAD to fill out the forms online for her which we did yesterday. The cruise line told us she will be on the Manifest. We also received a fax from the cruise line which states her name, our payment etc. I think you might be getting the docs but late. But call the cruise line directly and see if they mailed them. They take one look in the computer and know. BTW where we live we had a lot of Hurricane damage and the TA'S office had damage too. Instead she worked out of her home for a few days and called me right back. So, no excuses :)

Well, I called the cruise line and was told that they sent the documents a month ago to my TA, my TA was short of telling me that they lost my documents since everytime I call they tell me a new story.

Basically it came down to calling Princess and was told I am on the manifest and that there will be no problem by showing up with my picture ID, the TA sent me a letter saying that I should be able to get on board or call them (not happy with that one.) TA Service = 0, Princess however was very kind and informative.

Thanks to all for your orientation.

Get a new TA is what I say again... hurricane path or not...being lied to time and time again does warrant additonal business still coming from you!...everything will be fine in the end for you know doubt about checking in etc, but the comotion one has to put up with is absurd!

Just to let you know what happened.

I just got my documents TODAY September 25th, I am leaving for Florida on Tuesday so they came in three days before I leave.

The envelope was posted on September 1st. The TA sent them normal mail untraceable (a $5,000 ticket purchase).

I imagine that with all the storms it must have been lost in the mail until someone at the post office in FL found it.

I know that they were probably not needed, but my wife always starts the photo album with them.

Thanks to all. I will post my review of CP when we get back, and I promise to bring pictures of the OS suite sincce they are not on the internet yet.

Archived