not sure if we have a cabin for our cruise

cougar

I thought I read something on this board yesterday about not being able to print off the boarding pass, saying it was not paid in full. We have just had this happen to us yesterday. We have been booked to sail on April 4 since last June, we paid in full before the due date and have been able to access personalizer until the day before yesterday. I did notice that when i went to print off boarding pass it did say not paid in full. I contacted my agent about 2 weeks ago about that and she said sometimes it takes princess a while to process payments. I have used the same travel agent for years without any problems..that being said I don't know who's fault it is but our cruise has been canceled. I tried to go on my personalizer but it came up booking canceled, since this was evening and travel agent closed i phoned princess directly they were very nice but told me that in Aug 07 my travel agent gave them an NSF cheque towards my booking and because of this my cruise not paid in full, they said to contact my agent tomorrow. Well after a restless night sleep i contacted my agent. She said she has talked to princess and it was there mistake and as far as everyone was concerned i was still booked and was told i could access personalizer soon. Well hours later and still not able to access it cause its telling me the same thing I phoned princess again they said they have record of my agent calling but as far as they are concerned still canceled. Well back to agent she tell me she has talked to a rep and they are telling her its booked, I said enough is enough get this verified, I gave her a copy of all my reserved excursion and she phone princess again, she got verification that they are still reserved and now are waiting for verification of cabin. I was told that would come in today but not sure if it is same one we had booked. I don't know who's fault it is but i do know the amount for the cheque they said was NSF from my agent was more money than I had given her at that point which I thought was a little strange. So we are now waiting to see if we have a cabin on a ship that appears to have every cabin wait listed.:mad::(

OUCH! I sure hope that this comes out OK for you. Is your sailing booked solid or are their available staterooms still?

If your TA gave Princess an NSF check, my guess would be the blame sits somewhere on your TA's shoulders on this one. I use TA's that use my CC and the charge comes directly from Princess. This TA check thing seems to cause more problems then it is worth anymore. :(

If they can not get your specific stateroom back, I would be suggesting that the TA find you one comparable to the one you had, if location is important, even if she/he needs to eat the difference in price for a higher category.

Best of luck, and keep us posted...........Please!

They do have every cabin waitlisted, but folks do cancel. I am sure you are not going to wait for that to happen.

At this point you just have to keep pushing your TA and I would conference them with Princess when you call. That way no "he said"/"she said" stuff.

Not knowing much about "saving" cabins like the airlines do seats for FF passengers, hopefully there is really one available and you will be fine.:)

Please keep up posted. This could happen to any of us:(

We are still waiting for verification and as I am heading out for the day will have to wait nervously till early evening. We had booked early so we could pick our balcony cabin midship my youngest son and I tend to get a little sea sick so picked cabin to help ease some of this. I agree it does sound like agents fault but still find sum of cheque baffling I had paid deposit in cash but only minimal amount and the cheque amounts to 3 times that. The rest paid by cc. I have to say Princess was very courteous and helpful and really didn't have to speak with me as I booked through a travel agent. I have told my agent that I expect nothing less than what we had booked. We are keeping our fingers crossed that there is a good outcome. I have learned a lot from reading these boards especially about having agent put cc through to princess ...maybe a little late but certainly for next time. We have cruised once before with NCL and are really looking forward to cruising with Princess.:)

If nothing else, this is a lesson for the future for you. Always, always use a credit card when booking a cruise. The TA should call in the credit card to the cruise line directly and you should see a charge on your credit card statement with "Princess Cruises $700.00" or whatever & the date it went through. Almost all credit cards offer assistance if your card is abused in any way or if there has been some mis-handling of a charge.

It sounds to me like something very fishy is going on at that travel agency. The TA should've followed up on your reservation many times, many months before now. In the future, I wouldn't use that agency or if you do still have faith in them, use a credit card for all bookings.

I've found that Princess is pretty vigilant about recording incoming phone calls on bookings. If your TA had called & pulled up your resv. number, more than likely, there would've been a note of it. Wishing you all the best!

I am so upset right now...i came home expecting a verification from my TA, no message or evidence that she has called. I phoned her office to find out she is away for the day and nobody else could help me. I phoned Princess again and again was very pleased with there honesty. She put me on hold for about 5 min and came back with the info that it was the TA fault, she couldn't go into detail about why but someone else already did so I know why, anyways we are wait listed and have been bumped up to the #2 spot, no guarantee as to what kind of cabin or even if a cabin. It sure is a lesson learned and I will never deal with that TA office again. I will be speaking to her first thing tomorrow morning.

Oh cougar, that is not the good news I was waiting for. I can only imagine the nice things you will have say to that TA tomorrow morning after putting you through this termoil. So sorry the news wasn't better. Just hope that your #2 spot brings some success for your cruise.

This is another horrible TA payment story and they seem to be happening more and more. It sounds like the agency may have sent in a check for more that just your booking. I know where I work, if an agency pays by check they can deduct their commission instead of waiting for their client to travel to be paid.

When this happened to us last year I went up to the President of the online agency who then delegated the issue to a VP. Bottom line we did get a suite on the sailing we had booked but not the category that we originally paid for. We were compensated by the online agency sufficiently and were waitlisted for the category we had booked. It never became available, the ship had been sold out for a long time. I did make a three way call with the agency and Princess and got the real reason for my booking being cancelled.

I hope you will get this resolved, I know exactly how you are feeling and it's not a pleasant way to spend several days trying to get things resolved that were of no fault of yours. I'll keep you in my thoughts for a good outcome.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. How horrible to think everything is fine and then to find all this out.

I would also contact the attorney generals office and let the TA know you are contacting them. They should be put out of business so they don't do this to someone else.

Well was at TA office first thing this am, she was waiting with a booking # for me. I asked her what the real story was, she insists that it was the way the payment was sent and the way Princess processed the payment. She said she would have a cabin # for me before she left work today and it would be at least 1 to 2 cabin upgrade. I let her know I didn't think the way she did business was ethical and would never book with her again nor would anyone I know. She was very apologetic but little to late. Thanks to every one for your support, will let you know what cabin upgraded to. I just want to cruise:)

Make sure that once she gives you the final information that you call Princess and verify payment has been made in full and cabin number. Then sign into the cruise personalizer to make sure you're good to go. You will probably get another booking number, we did.....glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you. You are at least getting the same category you paid for and maybe better.

Well was at TA office first thing this am, she was waiting with a booking # for me. I asked her what the real story was, she insists that it was the way the payment was sent and the way Princess processed the payment. She said she would have a cabin # for me before she left work today and it would be at least 1 to 2 cabin upgrade. I let her know I didn't think the way she did business was ethical and would never book with her again nor would anyone I know. She was very apologetic but little to late. Thanks to every one for your support, will let you know what cabin upgraded to. I just want to cruise:)

I am so happy to hear they found a stateroom onboard your ship for you. Please, let us know where you end up, and I do hope that you get some sort of upgrade for all this trouble, and I hope the TA is footing the extra cost for it. ;)

I would like to know that the OP is definetely on with his reservation. After what all has transpired I would be very nervous.

Please let us know that you were in the personalizer and able to print your boarding pass.

Well the booking # came up invalid...after she said that was the one they gave her. She said she would phone them and phone me back with the cabin #. My husband and I had to go out last night and when we came home there was nothing. I went right down to office first thing this am, of course she is not working today. I told other worker to pull my file and get princess on phone right now. She was very cooperative and had no clue what was going on but did as I asked. Princess did give verification of correct Booking #, it was one letter out. They then told agent that we are still wait listed as #2 and only wait listed for balcony's. I told her to phone them back and tell them to wait list us for everything except inside ( we spent a lot of time in cabin thats why we booked balcony) she did this and I heard princess tell her our chances are excellent to get on this cruise. I told her I would NOT be paying any difference in price and she agreed, also told her because of her boss I would never book through them again nor anyone else I know. I now have a confirmation # and can access personalizer and my previously reserved shore excursions have been reserved through this #. I did go to another TA office and ask if I brought them the money could they get me on this cruise, she said to stay where I was because #2 on list I would get on but she would have to put me on the bottom of the wait list, she agreed it was dirty pool the other office was playing at. We are hoping luck is on our side because we cannot change our vacation time from work and we also have other hotels booked and our traveling up to Disneyworld after disembarking. So once again fingers crossed but much more optimistic because princess said excellent chance of going. When I get conformation of cabin will let everyone know...again thanks for all advice and support.:)

I really think you ought to report this TA to the attorney general. You will save someone else the headache you have gone thru by putting a stop to this type of business.

I hope you get on this cruise and have a wonderful time.

Archived