not sure if we have a cabin for our cruise

cougar

I am still calling Princess daily checking on wait list, still #2 for balcony and #1 for mini-suites. I know TA's release any blocks of cabin they have not sold at the 90 day mark....is it different for internet companies? Lindanick, I did pay deposit in cash but rest paid by cc, when I checked my cc statement it was put through TA's office not direct to Princess. What my TA is telling me was that she sent the cheque to Princess and it was the way they dispersed the payment that canceled my cruise....although not what Princess has said to me. So I am trying to stay positive and wait for the good news. I have certainly learned a valuable lesson about paying for trips...always us cc and make sure it goes direct to the party not TA. Well they say there is always a lesson in every action...this one hit me in the face:)

I am still calling Princess daily checking on wait list, still #2 for balcony and #1 for mini-suites. I know TA's release any blocks of cabin they have not sold at the 90 day mark...

All blocks of cabins are released by final payment time. Agents can still put people in groups but agents are not holding any cabins back after final payment.

Good luck. I really think you will clear. Someone is bound to cancel for one reason or another.

I am still calling Princess daily checking on wait list, still #2 for balcony and #1 for mini-suites. I know TA's release any blocks of cabin they have not sold at the 90 day mark....is it different for internet companies? Lindanick, I did pay deposit in cash but rest paid by cc, when I checked my cc statement it was put through TA's office not direct to Princess. What my TA is telling me was that she sent the cheque to Princess and it was the way they dispersed the payment that canceled my cruise....although not what Princess has said to me. So I am trying to stay positive and wait for the good news. I have certainly learned a valuable lesson about paying for trips...always us cc and make sure it goes direct to the party not TA. Well they say there is always a lesson in every action...this one hit me in the face:)

That makes no sense at all. TA sends a check to Princess...Princess cashes it...cruise is paid for...simple.

So is she telling you that Princess "dispersed" your money somewhere else other than to pay for your cruise??? Doubtful.:rolleyes:

What a fiasco...absolutely inexcusable.

I truly hope you end up on the cruise, and in a higher cabin category at the TA's expense. Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted!:)

I am so sorry, I would be devistated if that were to happen to me! You are holding up incredibly well. I hope you get on this cruise, a Mini Suite would be nice wouldn't it? Your only 1 away! Hang in there, it sounds like Princess is truly trying to help, I'm sure it gives all of us CC'ers a little hope that in case of a fiasco like this, that they will do their best. Best of luck to you and your family!:(

It is "Non-Sufficient Funds" here in Canada. What do Americans call it just out of curiosity?:)

Sometimes called a bounced check, or rubber check. When I write a check to friends, I tell them "it's going to bounce to the moon, baby!" :)

Hoping you get on your cruise. With that kind of customer service, no wonder that agency has cash flow problems. :eek:

After this mess clears up PLEASE get a new TA!!!!! When we first book, our TA uses our credit card for downpayment and our airfare(book seperate air). When final payment is due I take a cashiers check to her and we have never had any trouble doing it this way. It sounds to me like someone was robbing Peter to pay Paul with your money. As the others stated Good luck with this mess and hopefully you will be on this cruise. Your a better person than I. If the price of this cruise goes up I wouldn't pay one cent more than the original price. This travel agency should make good for all this mess.

Well not exactly the outcome we wanted...Our TA finally admitted that she was at fault for the cancellation of our cruise along with another customers. Our family decided that we just couldn't leave it to chance with the wait list so the TA offered to completely pay for the other cruise that we had looked at first. We our now booked into a total suite on Celebrity going out of San Juan. It has almost all the same ports plus some ,and has cost her a pretty penny to fly us down and put us in a suite. The dates are almost the same but gives us five days in San Juan first. While i am glade we are cruising I was sad we were not on Princess. The ship looks amazing and I know we would of loved it. Our next cruise will be on Princess but the difference is I will be booking it myself. Thanks for all the support and advice :)

Great news, and although it isn't on Princess, at least the TA did try to make it up to you.

I am getting so tired of hearing stories about TA's that are always trying to pass the blame to Princess when they are at fault. At least yours did the right thing.

Have a great cruise.

It is definately the TA's fault. Reason being. They get confirmation from Princess for everything that changes or happens with a clients cruise. They would have gotten a CANCELLATION NOTICE. Big bold letters. If she were looking at what was coming in from Princess she could have handled it at the time, not when you caught it. Good luck on your next cruise.

Thanks for coming back and updating although I am sorry it wasn't the cruise you were hoping for. I am glad the TA admitted her mistake and did the right thing. I'm sure you will still have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy your suite!!!

I am also glad the TA did the right thing, but when you get back, you should absolutely contact the AG's office in your area and notify them of what happened. I wonder what the other family she booked that had this happen to them did.

By you filing a complaint, it may help someone else in the long run and prevent this from happening again.

• 9 months later...

Just thought I would update everyone on the outcome of our T/A fiasco. We had booked our cruise on Princess 9 months early for April 2008 and had paid our final payment early to. found out approx one and half month before cruise that it had been canceled due to NSF cheque by T/A. The ship was wait listed and we couldn't afford to wait around and see if we received a cabin. The T/A suggested she would pay the extra for the original cruise we had looked at and couldn't afford. she put us in a suite with a butler, paid for our 5 night pre-cruise hotel and the additional airfare. She had to give my oldest son all of his money back because he had decided this was not the trip he wanted. She had booked us on Celebrity Galaxy, it went out of San Juan and was a lovely ship. We did have a wonderful time and enjoyed the ship but our 14 year old came with us and we know he would of enjoyed Princess better. There really was not many kids on board and it is geared to the elderly. We absolutely loved San Juan and would love to go back there some day. So in the end we did cruise on the same days we had originally booked but with different line and almost identical itinerary, a few extra islands which was a bonus and a butler, another bonus, this in the end did cost the T/A an extra $4000.00 out of her own pocket. So she did make it up to us big time but I still want to try out Princess, we are looking at the itineraries for 2009. Not sure if we will book through same agency or try a new one. I have heard that the T/A we used (who did own the buisness) has taken in some new partners. Maybe a good thing or not.

If I were in your shoes, I would never book thru that TA again, no matter how many new partners she added. She proved herself untrustworthy, and does not deserve your repeat business. I sure would not want to take the chance of being stung again.

I choose to book directly with Princess, even if it costs a few dollars more, because I can deal with them without a middle-person getting in the way or lying about a situation to avoid accepting blame for their errors.

Archived