I have the PROOF...SOS balcony on Deck 9

skyking

I was on the Sovereign in March 06 and had a cabin on deck 8. Those cabins had an obstructed view because the window was partially blocked by the bottom on the lifeboats...so in your picture, the balconies that you are looking at are actually on deck 10, not 9. There are only 12 decks on the Sovereign and if you look at the deck plans ( I looked at 7blueseas.com) you can clearly sea the hammerhead structure on the balcony deck is deck 10. The deck above it is the Windjammer, and then finally deck 12 above it.

Michele, other people have provided photo proof that there is actually one secret balcony on both the port and starboard sides on deck 9. The room is a Superior Oceanview Stateroom so you don't know until you enter the room that you actually have a balcony.

Thats kind of what I thought too Michelle...or wondered at least.

If you look at say,a Voyager class ship.The first row of windows is actually deck 2.So assuming the same is true here..That makes the rooms above the boats 10...

Just wondering...Is there a discussion about if deck 9 has balconies..Seems pretty easy to figure out..Just go to any of the stateroom online sites...:confused:

Michele, other people have provided photo proof that there is actually one secret balcony on both the port and starboard sides on deck 9. The room is a Superior Oceanview Stateroom so you don't know until you enter the room that you actually have a balcony.

I didn't know that Wrona. However, the proof is in the pudding and unfortunately this picture does indeed show a balcony with people on it, but it is also in between other balconies, so I don't think this is the balcony that you are referring to. This definitely looks like deck 10 balconies. I zoomed in on the photo and deck nine underneath it is not showing any balconies, so the phantom balcony must be down on the aft of the ship. I'm going to pull up my photos of the ship and see if I can locate it.

CB – why would you ask? It is not a Jr. Suite and you've posted numerous times that a Jr. Suite is the lowest cabin category in which you will sail.

I recall you’ve been in this category and had to climb on the bed so your partner could dress. You noted there was not enough floor room for 2.

It is the same size as the other SOV but in fact so poorly laid out to leave space to get outside. We’ve enjoyed this cabin for years and are happy to have it book for two upcoming cruises.

M

I didn't know that Wrona. However, the proof is in the pudding and unfortunately this picture does indeed show a balcony with people on it, but it is also in between other balconies, so I don't think this is the balcony that you are referring to. This definitely looks like deck 10 balconies. I zoomed in on the photo and deck nine underneath it is not showing any balconies, so the phantom balcony must be down on the aft of the ship. I'm going to pull up my photos of the ship and see if I can locate it.

If you zoom in and look very closely at the picture that skyking posted at the top, there is a balcony just peeking above the center of the aft-most life boat in that pic. It appears to have someone standing on it, as well, but the picture clarity is not that great. The other picture is much more obvious. :)

WOHOOOO I just got this cabin for my 30th:) I had to call to get it, but they had it hiding and got it for me, even confirmed that it had a 41 SQ foot balcony. Now I am hold waiting to get my Diamond Discount, it will make it cheaper than the inside cabin on deck 2:) This is why I LOVE CC

WOHOOOO I just got this cabin for my 30th:) I had to call to get it, but they had it hiding and got it for me, even confirmed that it had a 41 SQ foot balcony. Now I am hold waiting to get my Diamond Discount, it will make it cheaper than the inside cabin on deck 2:) This is why I LOVE CC

If it's not in a balcony cabin category, you probably won't be eligible for a balcony discount on it. But we'll see what they say . . . .

Just a update:

I got the Diamond discount applied with NO problems whatsoever....She just had to get a Supervisor to do it. ALSO she said NO one in C and A had a clue and she told everyone and they were all hurrying to write it down:)

WOOOHOOOO....That pic above is the winning prize, sorry I didnt see that before, but like I said I have been out of town:)

Skyking, actually after further review of your picture with my better photo software...your photo does indeed show cabin 9028 with a person on the balcony. Allow me to extend my apologies...I was wrong...you were right on the money! Great shot!!

Archived