What makeup are you bringing on your cruise?

aajacques

I'm a makeup junkie and curious what others bring on their cruise for makeup.

My fav for makeup is Mac. I just purchased some new things for my upcoming cruise next week. Here is what I bought:

Mac items~

Lipsticks.....high tea,syrup,hug me,sparks can fly and viva glam v.

Bronzer......golden

Eyeliner- fluidline (my all time fav).... blue peep and blitz & glitz

shadows....shroom (the best base), naked lunch, honesty and vanilla

Pain pots.....rubenesque

blush.......sunbasque

8 new brushes

I like Dior, Nars, lancome and Smashbox.

Do you know any new items out that are a must have?

I'm always looking for new makeup.

I'm fair skinned, blonde hair and blue eyes. I gravitate towards pinks, neutrals and golds.

Keep in mind this is my makeup mostly for nights at dinner time, when were on the beach I don't wear all this.

as little as possible.

i dont like wearing make up as it is... but as i age, i need it.

my Bare Minerals

1 eye liner

1 lipstick

*both Mary Kay

Mascara

oh and Lip Balm

[i've had sunburned lips before.. NO FUN]

Try to keep it to the basics so I don't look like I'm bringing my entire bathroom stock of cosmetics.

I never travel anywhere without a small double sided mirror (magnification on one side) for makeup application. The lighting is horrendous in the bathrooms on ships...I prefer natural daylight when possible.

Another item I always bring is a small bottle of eye makeup remover (to take off waterproof mascara), cotton pads and Q-tips. If you goof with mascara, dip the Q-tip in the remover and clean up the mistakes easily

• 2 weeks later...

Powder / mineral foundation & blush/bronzer (no excess liquids on the plane!)

Solid deodorant (ditto)

Solid dark lipstick for evening (ditto ditto)

Tinted lipgloss with sunscreen for day

Waterproof mascara

2 eyeshadow pencils - matte for day, shimmery for evening

eyeliner pencil

Olay regenerist moisturizer

Q-tips for blending

Cotton makeup remover pads for mistakes

Stella perfume (a girl has to splurge *somehow!*)

If you have a sunny itinerary, you may have a bit of a tan towards the end and may want to bring along a second foundation and different cheek color- slightly darker shades - for the end of the cruise. In any case, bring lots of moisturizer. Aveda has a nice tinted one that I like for daytime.

I like products that do double duty.

My fav for makeup is Mac. I just purchased some new things for my upcoming cruise next week. Here is what I bought:

Mac items~

Bronzer......golden

Pain pots.....rubenesque

blush.......sunbasque

8 new brushes

I'm fair skinned, blonde hair and blue eyes. I gravitate towards pinks, neutrals and golds.

Keep in mind this is my makeup mostly for nights at dinner time, when were on the beach I don't wear all this.

Im a mac diva like you! It was so hard for me to pick out what I wanted to bring for my last cruise considering the TSA 311 rules. So, I bought my liquid foundation. One lip stick which was Viva Glam V, mascara, my clear lip glass and 2 eyeshdadows. The shadows matched my gowns for formal nights. Talk about condensing!!! Who knows what I will pack for this cruise in Oct.

Although I do not wear a lot of makeup at once, I too am a makeup JUNKIE!!

I get it from my mom who always wanted to be a makeup artist and had tons of new makeup at all times.

She would organize it by color and it was so fun to go over to her house for a special date and get ready.

Gosh , I miss her

Anyway, I love the whole Bareminerals/escentuals collections and am always adding to that.

I especially like their Glimmer eyeshadows! The colors just draw me in and are like little jewels.I have to have them!

In addtion to that, I love Chanel blush and shadows! They are just so deep and rich!

I always hit this store in St. Martin that has great prices on Chanel stuff!

Lets see, I always am trying new sunless tanners/bronzers.

I recently tried one that was really good called Brown Sugar by Tan Inc.

yhst-49830477858661_1991_11375145

It has an immediate bronzer in it so you can not only see exactly where it is going but get immediate color as well. It does not transfer to clothing and has a great scent. Gives that airbrushed look....

I will always try new nail colors by OPI, look forward to their new colors always.;) They make me feel girlie.

What else....O, I love to make a trip to Sephora or my nearest Bath and Body Works for a new scent.( In the form of bath gel)

I will use it and then when I come home and lather up it always reminds me of the trip.Just a thing I do.....

Well, those are my things!! I love being a girl!!:D

I just edited this to say I have NO idea why some of this typed in blue and some in black!! WIERD!! Sorry...no particular emphasis meant or intended.

Just bringing my regular make-up. I love Smashbox and use it on a regular basis. It doesn't irritate my eyes like most make-ups do. I have allergies and with Smashbox I don't have the red irritated eyes. I'm sure there are others out there but I love Smashbox!!!!:) :)

I cut back on makeup for a cruise, typically at home I change colors every day. On vacation I cut it back to 2 colors, one for day one for evening. I use pressed powder at night and bare skin for daytime, I find I break out if I use foundation, especially if it's hot outside and I sweat. My day time moisturizer has an SPF of 25, so no need for extra sunblock.

My makeup bag includes Chanel eye shadow, Lancome lash conditioner and mascara plus a small variety of lipsticks. My skin routine stays pretty much the same as home with Dermalogica cleanser and Clinique gel moisturizer at night.

When Lancome and Clinique has a giveaway sale, I'll stock up on commonly used items for the giveaways. Not that I use all their products, but I have also emptied out their product to use the tiny containers for my own stuff.

One item that I WILL NOT leave home without is my new mascara I just bought. It's one of the new Cover Girl Mascara's with the wand that looks kind of like a caterpillar. Ha Ha I know odd description, does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Anyway, it really plumps up your eyelashes and since the wand is thin you can get in real close to the corner of the eye! AND it also comes in waterproof which I will probably pick up for the cruise.

~Kristina

I will now always take my usual make-up bag. I once only took what I thought I needed and I was lost without my whole bag of 'goodies'. I had to get a few things from the ships shops. Fortunately I wear Estee lauder so I was lucky they had what I needed.

I save all my sample sized items for holidays. I tend to buy Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder whenever they have a 'gift with purchase' offer on, providing me with lots of freebies which don't take up as much room in my luggage as the regular sizes.

Carol

One item that I WILL NOT leave home without is my new mascara I just bought. It's one of the new Cover Girl Mascara's with the wand that looks kind of like a caterpillar. Ha Ha I know odd description, does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Anyway, it really plumps up your eyelashes and since the wand is thin you can get in real close to the corner of the eye! AND it also comes in waterproof which I will probably pick up for the cruise.

~Kristina

Is this the stuff? Is it really good? I might have to try some! I have the tiniest lashes!

http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=lashblast_mascara

lashblast_mascara_1.jpg

Mac items~

Bronzer......golden

Pain pots.....rubenesque

blush.......sunbasque

8 new brushes

LOL, we are opposites. I bring mascara & powder for my nose. Oh, & chapstick...Burt's Bees naturally!:D

Jan

~Kristina

I LOVE that stuff! No more dumpy lumpy clumpies and blobs of mascara in the contact lenses!

No more "Tammy Faye" eyes for me! :D

Having tried the "caterpillar," I will never go back to the "toilet brush." :cool:

Although I do not wear a lot of makeup at once, I too am a makeup JUNKIE!!

I get it from my mom who always wanted to be a makeup artist and had tons of new makeup at all times.

She would organize it by color and it was so fun to go over to her house for a special date and get ready.

Gosh , I miss her

Anyway, I love the whole Bareminerals/escentuals collections and am always adding to that.

I especially like their Glimmer eyeshadows! The colors just draw me in and are like little jewels.I have to have them!

In addtion to that, I love Chanel blush and shadows! They are just so deep and rich!

I always hit this store in St. Martin that has great prices on Chanel stuff!

Lets see, I always am trying new sunless tanners/bronzers.

I recently tried one that was really good called Brown Sugar by Tan Inc.

yhst-49830477858661_1991_11375145

It has an immediate bronzer in it so you can not only see exactly where it is going but get immediate color as well. It does not transfer to clothing and has a great scent. Gives that airbrushed look....

I will always try new nail colors by OPI, look forward to their new colors always.;) They make me feel girlie.

What else....O, I love to make a trip to Sephora or my nearest Bath and Body Works for a new scent.( In the form of bath gel)

I will use it and then when I come home and lather up it always reminds me of the trip.Just a thing I do.....

Well, those are my things!! I love being a girl!!:D

I just edited this to say I have NO idea why some of this typed in blue and some in black!! WIERD!! Sorry...no particular emphasis meant or intended.

Hi, Heather,

I'm going to St. Maarten on my cruise in May (first time to St. Maarten). I love Chanel, too. Are the prices really better there than in the U.S.? Is there a particular store where you buy Chanel blush?

Thanks!

Lynn

I've never been big on make-up. I wear Cover Girl "CG Smoothers" under Oil of Olay "Complete" w/sunscreen. I wear cover Girl lipstick. In hot weather I skip the CG. I use Oil of Olay cleansing cloths and Night of Olay at bedtime. I occasionally use eyebrow pencil, but hate other eye makeup. I tried it in college (centuries ago, lol) and never got the hang of it.It was always gunky.

My mom always used Merle Norman and did my make-up once. :eek: I was horrified-- looked like Bozo the Clown. Ran to the bathroom and couldn't scrub it off fast enough. LOL I just use it to even out skin tones and minimize my ruddy cheeks caused by the Evista I take for bone health. No rouge for me!

Make-up's just not important to me and I can't see spending a fortune on it.

Hi, Heather,

I'm going to St. Maarten on my cruise in May (first time to St. Maarten). I love Chanel, too. Are the prices really better there than in the U.S.? Is there a particular store where you buy Chanel blush?

Thanks!

Lynn

Hi Lynn,:)

I really did think I got some good prices...

The store I go to is A H Riise Mall.

They have great prices on liquor too.....:D They are known for it!

But they have a nice selection, not enormous, but nice of Chanel at really decent prices.The day I was there there were all 25% off too!

Yes..a great savings from what I pay here when you figure the taxes and all.

You will find it off Front Ftreet in Charlotte Amalie. Great little place .. really neat feel to it too.You will like it.

I too love makeup....does wonders for a woman!! But in no way am I a Tammy Faye, either!

Here is my arsenal for everyday or for dinner on a cruise:

Foundation - Everyday minerals

Concealer - Everyday minerals

Blush - Everyday minerals (weekend getaway and bronzer in summer)

Eyeshadow - Everyday minerals (love their shimmers and pearls)

Eyeliner - Everyday minerals (dark colors - love their Smokey and In the Garden)

Mascara - L'Oreal Voluminous in very black (love my mascara goopy and clumpy!!...thick lashes is my goal)

Lipgloss - L'Oreal color juice ( I love strawberry smoothie) and Glam Shine (Diva is my fave so far)

I love, love, love Everyday Minerals!!!:rolleyes:

This is what I wear during the day while cruising:

concealer

bronzer

waterproof eyeliner

waterproof mascara (still looking for the perfect one with no luck)

nude lipgloss

I like to keep my makeup very natural looking. On vacation or in the summer I like a sunkissed look with a really glossy natural lip.

At dinner I will wear a smokier eye and a bit more color on the lip....nothing too dramatic.

So....what I use is not special vacation makeup, just on a smaller scale....same as for the summer...if that makes any sense!!

Hi Lynn,:)

I really did think I got some good prices...

The store I go to is A H Riise Mall.

They have great prices on liquor too.....:D They are known for it!

But they have a nice selection, not enormous, but nice of Chanel at really decent prices.The day I was there there were all 25% off too!

Yes..a great savings from what I pay here when you figure the taxes and all.

You will find it off Front Ftreet in Charlotte Amalie. Great little place .. really neat feel to it too.You will like it.

Hi, Heather,

Aren't you talking about St. Thomas <g>? I hope there are some deals on Chanel in St. Maarten, too.

Lynn

Hi, Heather,

Aren't you talking about St. Thomas <g>? I hope there are some deals on Chanel in St. Maarten, too.

Lynn

I just showed my husband his and he rolled his eyes and laughed...

I am so sorry

Yes, apparently, it IS in St. Thomas!

So much for the deals I thought I sought ought in good 'ol St. Maarten.:eek:

He reminded me it was because our tour guide had taken us by surprise to the Orient Beach ( clothing optional)and we had been surrounded ( literally) by a bunch of aging,flopping ,bouncing,sweating,coconuts and bratwursts ...if ya know what I mean,;) and he claims I had remained traumatized and in a daze the entire rest of the day.:eek: :D Not even shopping ,he said pulled me outta that funk!

So, he is likely right, and I apologize for giving you the wrong island!

But that store,A.H.Riise is good!

I am for sure on that!

Have fun and stay away from the nekkid side of the Orient!!

Archived