about 24 hours off the legend, any questions?

man of many coats

Did you enjoy the Dolphin Encounter? I was thinking of doing. Also, did you do the Tabyana beach with the encounter? Also, do they sell an observer ticket for the dolphin encounter as my husband would like to watch. If so, how much? Also, which beach in Belize? Was it bannister island? How was that. Thanks

Mary

We were on Legend in September and we totally enjoyed it!! The food was great (I'm from Nebraska, I KNOW good beef) most of the time the beef was very good, fish and lamb were also awesome. Wait staff was great, ports were great, steward was not the best I've had, but he did his job appropriately.

I've never removed my tips, but always tip some cash at the end of the trip too, if I got over and above service I match the tips from the beginning, these guys work HARD, I think it's awful to stiff any of them.

We did the cave tubbing in Belize through cavetubbing.com, they were just wonderful, they carried our intertubes for us and everything!!! We loved them.

We did Nativeway reef, rays and rum point tour in Grand Cayman, it's the second time I've been with them and I think they are the BEST, professional, great dive boat and they make sure you have a great time.

We did a island tour in Roatan with Victor something or other, he's in the port of call boards, he was awesome, took us to his place to visit all his monkeys too, we have fun and don't miss the cameo factory, it's really cool.

I can't remember where we went in Coz, too much tequilia? perhaps :D

We usually do an all inclusive beach break there, have never been disappointed, but if it's your first time, consider doing Tulum ruins, thats really a cool place.

Hope this helped.

Happy sailing!!! Carole

Did you enjoy the Dolphin Encounter? I was thinking of doing. Also, did you do the Tabyana beach with the encounter? Also, do they sell an observer ticket for the dolphin encounter as my husband would like to watch. If so, how much? Also, which beach in Belize? Was it bannister island? How was that. Thanks

Mary

I can tell you that the dolphin encounter we did in Roatan a few years ago was by far the best 'excursion' we've ever done. A little pricier than others, but worth every cent IMHO. We also purchased the video of the entire experience...priceless!

Just un packed my suitcase. I spent the entire day on the beach in Florida yesterday, and I come home to 9 above. Well folks I gotta tell you I was less then satisfied with the legend. :( It is a beautiful ship. But they are lacking in alot of little things. And let me tell you, the food was nothing to write home about. I was on the conquest two years ago or so, and let me tell you. That was good!! from service to the food and all the little things. I have ALL the capers and the price list for the shore trips. any questions let me have em.

Wow, too bad about your cruise. On our cruise the dining room staff was great, brought us anything we wanted, to include extra orders, etc. I tipped extra because of the great service. As far as the meat went I thought it was very good. I recommend medium rare and not medium well. Our cruise was overall excellent. I will write a review as soon as I can.

The dolphin encounter we did di not include the beach. It was a 2.5 hr experience. for $112. the picked us up rite at the ship walked us to a van and took us to the other side of the island. once we got there we took a boat to the dolphins. It was awesome. I dont know if there was an option for an observer. We were taken to the shop afterwards to see the pictures. I asked the guide if there was a place to have a beer. he took me up about 50 stairs to a bar/resturante. It was the most beautiful place. hovered in the tree tops. increadable. the beer was $2.50 and ice cold. I tipped the kid $5.00

we went to margaritaville in the Caymans. I ordered 3 drinks and a beer. the total came to $31.00. I tipped the gal $5.00. when I looked at the reciept later she had already charged me 15% for her tip. not to mention all the other weird stuff on the bill. Point is Pay attention when you get your tab in the bar. Cozumel is the same way!

We were on Legend in September and we totally enjoyed it!! The food was great (I'm from Nebraska, I KNOW good beef) most of the time the beef was very good, fish and lamb were also awesome. Wait staff was great, ports were great, steward was not the best I've had, but he did his job appropriately.

I've never removed my tips, but always tip some cash at the end of the trip too, if I got over and above service I match the tips from the beginning, these guys work HARD, I think it's awful to stiff any of them.

We did the cave tubbing in Belize through cavetubbing.com, they were just wonderful, they carried our intertubes for us and everything!!! We loved them.

We did Nativeway reef, rays and rum point tour in Grand Cayman, it's the second time I've been with them and I think they are the BEST, professional, great dive boat and they make sure you have a great time.

We did a island tour in Roatan with Victor something or other, he's in the port of call boards, he was awesome, took us to his place to visit all his monkeys too, we have fun and don't miss the cameo factory, it's really cool.

I can't remember where we went in Coz, too much tequilia? perhaps :D

We usually do an all inclusive beach break there, have never been disappointed, but if it's your first time, consider doing Tulum ruins, thats really a cool place.

Hope this helped.

Happy sailing!!! Carole

Hey, we are doing the exact same excursions except we are using Coral Breeze Tours for our cave tubing. Our kids are doing the Royal Swim with the dolphins in Coz and then we will hang out in the park for the rest of the time.

I was on the cruise the same time he was and experienced some of the same disappointments. It wasn't so much that I wont cruise carnival again but I think that after 5 cruises on this line, I may try another cruise line. here is a partial list:

--same type of food most of days at unicorn cafe. (talking about the buffet choice, not the deli, hamburger lines)

--lack of on deck activities, music.

--service was good but not the 'going above and beyond' great service.

--shows are not as elaborate as I remember. Blues Brothers were 'ok'. Take 2 was good.

-- Did not care for cruise director Jen. Maybe I was spoiled with John H as the cruise director.

-- Cabin steward good except mid week, stop giving us the big wine glasses in cabin and only gave small glasses to us.

-- No showing of 'video diaries' on daily basis. not updated very often. They used to show the whole day's video so people could get excited about buying a copy.

- dinners were good food but again not a lot of variety. I remember the wait staff would have theme night everynight and dress different like the theme. (mexican, italian, american, carribean)

-- way too many photographers!!!! hounding you to take pictures. Going to late deat dinner was crowded, trying to get through the lines for pictures.

-- Gala buffet was not as extravagant as previously remembered.

There were a lot of good things I enjoy and I don't feel I am being 'picky' on the things I didn't like but after not cruising for 7 years, I didnt expect for the 'extra special' things that I enjoyed about Carnival to not be there.

I am in the process of writing a review and I also have all the capers and some pictures of the ship. (i.e mini golf course, lobby etc)

I was on the cruise the same time he was and experienced some of the same disappointments. It wasn't so much that I wont cruise carnival again but I think that after 5 cruises on this line, I may try another cruise line. here is a partial list:

--same type of food most of days at unicorn cafe. (talking about the buffet choice, not the deli, hamburger lines)

--lack of on deck activities, music.

--service was good but not the 'going above and beyond' great service.

--shows are not as elaborate as I remember. Blues Brothers were 'ok'. Take 2 was good.

-- Did not care for cruise director Jen. Maybe I was spoiled with John H as the cruise director.

-- Cabin steward good except mid week, stop giving us the big wine glasses in cabin and only gave small glasses to us.

-- No showing of 'video diaries' on daily basis. not updated very often. They used to show the whole day's video so people could get excited about buying a copy.

- dinners were good food but again not a lot of variety. I remember the wait staff would have theme night everynight and dress different like the theme. (mexican, italian, american, carribean)

-- way too many photographers!!!! hounding you to take pictures. Going to late deat dinner was crowded, trying to get through the lines for pictures.

-- Gala buffet was not as extravagant as previously remembered.

There were a lot of good things I enjoy and I don't feel I am being 'picky' on the things I didn't like but after not cruising for 7 years, I didnt expect for the 'extra special' things that I enjoyed about Carnival to not be there.

I am in the process of writing a review and I also have all the capers and some pictures of the ship. (i.e mini golf course, lobby etc)

Just my opinion of course, but most of these 'disappointments' seem vague and relatively minor..

I typed the last message quick and didn't have much time. I will be writing a review that will have more detail. I agree that some things seem minor. That is why I mention it was the 'little things; that I felt use to set Carnival apart from the other lines. It was not a disappointment so much that I would say it ruined my time. Just disappointed in some of the things that I felt were missing that I had in all my other 5 cruises with Carnival.

It was good cruise but nothing spectacular.

I typed the last message quick and didn't have much time. I will be writing a review that will have more detail. I agree that some things seem minor. That is why I mention it was the 'little things; that I felt use to set Carnival apart from the other lines. It was not a disappointment so much that I would say it ruined my time. Just disappointed in some of the things that I felt were missing that I had in all my other 5 cruises with Carnival.

It was good cruise but nothing spectacular.

To be told your being too picky is not fair. Thanks for agreeing with me. We did have a really good time. but nothing special. This didnt damper my feeling about CCL, it make me aware and reminded me there are other choices. I really have nothing to compare too like you do. Thanks again

Good. I dont feel so bad. Every time I left my spot in the lido dining room I took my tray to them.
Did you wipe down the table? Take the dirty dishes to the back? Get new silver from the back, roll it in a napkin and place it on the table? and a thosand other things I don't have time or space to list. If not you should leave the tips on for the bistro staff. They do a little more than take our tray. Or make sure you leave a cash tip on the table everytime you use the bistro.

On another note anyone who has Capers, Brian over at http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CanYouHelp/tabid/264/Default.aspx will scan them for you, post them on Cruise Dailies and return them to you. Brian also maintains http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/MainCalendar/tabid/36/Default.aspx where you can find out which ships will be in port with you.

Enjoy

Ron

Did you wipe down the table? Take the dirty dishes to the back? Get new silver from the back, roll it in a napkin and place it on the table? and a thosand other things I don't have time or space to list. If not you should leave the tips on for the bistro staff. They do a little more than take our tray. Or make sure you leave a cash tip on the table everytime you use the bistro.

On another note anyone who has Capers, Brian over at http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CanYouHelp/tabid/264/Default.aspx will scan them for you, post them on Cruise Dailies and return them to you. Brian also maintains http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/MainCalendar/tabid/36/Default.aspx where you can find out which ships will be in port with you.

Enjoy

Ron

A thousand other things? Dont think so. Sorry I have upset you. perhaps I should have given the bistro staff the money I gave my waitress. I had better luck with the roomservice staff every morning. And I dont know who, but some one at least took my tray.:p

Archived