about 24 hours off the legend, any questions?

man of many coats

I love to have fun. If I can get people to laugh at any cost I will. Even at my spelling:) . Our room was a balcony on the sixth floor front of the ship on the side that starts with S. Not port LOL:o . It was a nice size room, plenty of storage room. The bathroom was bigger then I can remember. We did the dolphin experience in Roatan, the half sub in Cayman,cave tour in Belieze and a private island beach break,also in belieze. the tenders were smooth and quick. we docked in two of four stops. This was not my first cruise so I did have others to compare to. I will also tell you all that I did remove my charges to personally pay my tip to all in person. I tiped my materde as well, He was great. Talking to my wife she reminded me the music entertainment was not there at all the lido deck band was two guys. and they were never around. most of the music we heard came from satelite. I want you to know I had the norwalk on the conquest and was on lock down for two days,I payed $180 for the doctor bill. But I had alot of rest and the best tuna sandwich I have ever had. I will cruise again. I did have a great time. and enjoyed the time away with my wife. It even rained in Cozumel and we had a great time there.

How do I post them? I don't have a scanner; do I just photograph them?

Do you have a digital? If so, then I guess you could take pix, dump them on your computer, then move them over to Webshots or Photobucket, etc.

Don't know how well that will turn out, but if you try it, let us know!!!!

Thanks!!!

What excursions did you do on your own?

In Cozumel we hired a taxi to take us to MR. SANCHOS, which is a beach club on a nice stretch of beach. Food was WONDERFUL as well as nice and strong cocktails, reasonable shopping, palapa for shade that was ours alone since we were eating there, showers, lockers with locks, massages, and they also had horses and jetskis and parasailing if we were inclined to do them. We had chips, guacamole, chicken fajitas and they were out of this world! This was about a 15 min drive from the port...

In Belize we did the cave tubing with cave-tubing.com. The bus was air conditioned, in great shape, the guides were entertaining and the cost was $45 per person for 2 caves. We had a fun time.

In Roatan we used Diana and Cinthia's service that included a driver for the day for $20 per person. His name was Rolando and he spoke perfect English, was helpful and was born in Roatan. He took us zipling (Pirates of Carribbean Extreme zipline) which we of course had to pay for ($65 each but worth it!) and then we went snorkeling at Half-Moon Bay, where we also had a succullent lunch of grilled lobster kebobs and husband had grilled conch. The lunch was rather spendy (lobster was $18 US) but the quality of food was worth it, as well as the fact that we had lounge chairs for the day and snorkeling was 4 steps below. Rolando waited for us throughout all of our activities and we treated him to lunch.

In Grand Cayman we only walked around and shopped (no bargains here and Sr. Frogs was overpriced and not very good in our opinion). We did not choose an excursion because I did not want to see the stingrays and we knew we had another three days of excursions ahead of us.

Please believe I'm not disparaging your review or your experiance, but the actual typos cracked me up! :D So many drug references in one paragraph! I agree, if the weed had been better, I sure the food would have been, too. At least it would have tasted better to you.:eek: And coked out chicken - no wonder it was dry!:eek:

Thanks for letting me have fun with your typos - no slam intended. Also sorry your cruise wasn't up to your expectations. I hope your next one is all you could want.:D

Thank you soooo much for the laugh at the end of a hectic day. :p I am going to try to avoid the menu they ordered off of when we sail on the Legend in October!

I I will also tell you all that I did remove my charges to personally pay my tip to all in person. I tiped my materde as well, He was great. Talking to my wife she .

Just wondering, did you remove your tips immediately or at the end of the cruise?

I went into a bit of depth in my Miracle 12/17 review about the quality of the beef.

Having sailed Elation, 12/06, and had wonderful beef, I was extremely disappointed in what we had on Miracle a year later.

But, hey, you know what? All I had to do was ask for something else and, voila! There is was. Can't beat that.

I liked Miracle so much I was going to book Legend for this December, but couldn't wait that long so decided on Glory Western in May (comparable cabins are nearly $100 less pp on Glory) and added Fascination for December!

To post a copy of the Capers, I have used a digital camera to take a picture of each page and then loaded it to Webshots.

Webshots is a free web site that allows you to display your pictures. They are wonderful.

To post a copy of the Capers, I have used a digital camera to take a picture of each page and then loaded it to Webshots.

Webshots is a free web site that allows you to display your pictures. They are wonderful.

I'll be happy to pic and post a link to them as long as that is not against the rules of the forum...is it?

I'll have to wait till my toddler naps this afternoon. Aftger 8 days away from him he's extremely clingy and it is going to take a while for me to pic and upload them.

Check back later today....

Apologies to the original poster if I have hijacked this post and let me know if you want me to start another topic instead of this one...

we removed our tips on friday afternoon. They break down something like this. of the $70 (per person) your wait staff gets $40, your room guy gets $23 and the waiters on the lido and the sun deck get $7 (not exact but very close). My thought on this is that every time you order a drink your automaticly tacked with a 15% tip. EVERY TIME! So why the need for the extra 7$. We only ordered from one waiter all week long. We called him "DOC" or "THE DOCTOR" we tipped him on Saturday night, Cash. I then broke it down this way. $50 to the room guy. Over then what the would have taken. Then I gave the guy who helped the waitress $50 and the waitress $30. The helper guy was very good. he would talk to us and tell us jokes. he knew by the second day what I liked and what I wanted. he was great. so the waitress didnt get what she wanted, she got what she deserved. doing it this way. everyone got something who was suppose to. Now my suggestion in Cozumel. If you just want to go to a beach and lay around, Go to a hotel (any) EL CEID right off the pier. go to the left, it's the first one. You pay $10 and you can use ther pool,bar,beach,towels,resturant,bathroom. Its the best deal on the island.

we removed our tips on friday afternoon. They break down something like this. of the $70 (per person) your wait staff gets $40, your room guy gets $23 and the waiters on the lido and the sun deck get $7 (not exact but very close). My thought on this is that every time you order a drink your automaticly tacked with a 15% tip. EVERY TIME! So why the need for the extra 7$.

Because it doesn't go to the bar waiters, it goes to the Bistro (Buffet) staff.

:rolleyes:

Can anyone tell if there is a difference between ship time and port time? If it is 8am on the ship is it also 8am in port? I keep seeing the phrase ship time

It depends on several factors if the ship and port time is the same.

If your embarkation port is in the same time zone, then sometimes it is the same time. However, that is not a guarantee as some ports don't do "daylight savings time" like we do.

If your embarkation port is Florida and the port is Cozumel...those are in different time zones. Sometimes the ships change time during the cruise and sometimes they don't.

The bottom line is just to ALWAYS stay on Ship Time because that is when the SHIP is going to SAIL!! :)

Sorry you didn,t enjoy your cruise.Have been on 14 cruises on several lines.Food quality the best I ever had. Waiters went out of there way to be helpful. Always find one or two in dining room that were rude.Ordered prime rib rare and to my surprise came the way I orderes it.Always a fish ,meat, or pasta available.Even the alternate steak was good. On Royal Caribbean the alternate steak is tuff.The new mini golf looks really good,and saw alot of familes enjoyiny it.New carpets in hallways and dining area. The ship did not show here age.The best desert is the hot melting chocholate cake.Iwish I was having it right now.People that are booked on this ship do not worry.You will love the ship, and the dedicated workers.Last Tueday at this time would be getting ready for dinner.Ireally miss not being on board.Shows were so so. Didn,t care for cruise director JEN .No one ranks with John Heald. Once you have had him, no one else compares.Well once again sorry about your time, somtimes works out you get lousy waiter or waitress.Had KJ and Citi at table 132 and they were great.Once again if you are booked on Legend you will not be dissappointed.

Kacey 1289

The new mini golf looks really good,and saw alot of familes enjoyiny it

There is now mini golf on the Legend? That's great! was on her exactly a year ago and there wasn't any - will be getting on first week of July with kids and I am glad to hear of the addition.

I was on the legend last year this very week to along with mumofsons the ship was great the food was great and service was the best of the 3 cruises i have been on.I just got off the holiday 3days ago and it was good not the best but good .I did notice the lacking of the band on the lido deck .All we had a couple hrs day was a one man band playing the steele drum i ask the bar tender on the lido deck he said it is the new thing on most of the ships.he said some of the bigger ships still have a band but i have a feeling when there contracts are up they will go to .Still enjoyed my time on deck though .Oh sadi bring me another miami vice please

Maybe things have changed since the last time I ckd but Carnival does pay them. Not much I understand..but they do get paid. We have never removed our tips. After 10 Carnival cruises we know those kids work their backsides off. In fact we have always given a little extra to the wait staff. But for one to make a comment like that is unforgiveable. Should have let MD know.

Archived