Question about Royal Caribbean Spas & Pay Restaurants

Hi everyone! We are new to Royal Caribbean and had a couple of questions. We are sailing Liberty of the Seas on May 17 and are so excited!

I was hoping to book a couples massage but was wondering- does the spa do special promotions during the course of the cruise? I know that on Carnival they had some great spa deals the further along you got into the cruise.

I was also wondering about the pay restaurants (Chops & Portafinos)- can you make reservations before getting on the ship? Is this suggested? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! We are new to Royal Caribbean and had a couple of questions. We are sailing Liberty of the Seas on May 17 and are so excited!

I was hoping to book a couples massage but was wondering- does the spa do special promotions during the course of the cruise? I know that on Carnival they had some great spa deals the further along you got into the cruise.

I was also wondering about the pay restaurants (Chops & Portafinos)- can you make reservations before getting on the ship? Is this suggested? Thanks so much!

Restaurants - you cannot make reservations before you board. We never "rush", but usually the first evening after muster or after laying out at the pool, we will go down and make a reservation for the night we want. We have never had a problem getting a reservation for when we want.

Sometimes, in a true suite, the concierge may contact you, and you can make advance reservations for the specialty restaurants.

You don't need to "rush" to make your reservations--the restaurants are seldom full, and as long as you're flexible with your dining time preferences, you shouldn't have a problem!

Check the Compass for spa "specials"--sometimes, on port days, they will have some pretty good deals! (I've found the spa to be much more expensive than anything on land!)

We've never had problems making specialty restaurant reservations, as long as we go up the first day. The specialty restaurants have copies of the dining room menus so you can check them out as you decide which night you want.

As for the spa, the always seem to have port day specials. My friend booked a scalp/back/leg/foot massage for about $140 on a sea day. I booked the exact same thing on a port day and paid $79. Pretty nice difference. The massage was quite good, and I was really surprised that the gal didn't pester me and try to see me a product.

Archived