Summit 9043 or 'Secret' Sweet 16 Cabin?

OnlyMe

Hi all,

Haven't been able to log on all day - our internet connection died :eek:

Can anyone answer the shade / sun question on the balconies of the sweet 16's? As in, do these balconies get shade at any stage in the day?

Thanks all!

Hi all,

Can anyone answer the shade / sun question on the balconies of the sweet 16's? As in, do these balconies get shade at any stage in the day?

Thanks all!

Yes, half of it is covered and the other half uncovered. It will of course depend on time of day/which side of the ship/which way you are heading, but you will get some shade.

Phil

Yes, half of it is covered and the other half uncovered. It will of course depend on time of day/which side of the ship/which way you are heading, but you will get some shade.

Phil

Thanks Phil, that's exactly what I wanted to hear:)

One more question if you don't mind? (I promise this is the last one on this subject!) ... 6027 has come available so the choice now is 6027 or 6027. 6027 has one side that will have the 'leg' of the superstructure and one without the 'leg' - it is on the side that will face the port at most stops (facing port is our 'slight' preference). 6024 will have no 'legs' so less 'obstruction' (more sunlight?) and on the opposite side.

What are your thoughts on which one we should pick?

I know, I'm the Queen of indecisiveness but I promise this is the last one and then I'm making the switch.

Thanks!

Thanks Usha & Phil - I know, I can get a 'little' obsessive:rolleyes: :p but just wanted to check what ye thought about the 'legs'.... thanks again for the advice - I'm going to contact my TA right now and make the switch ... finally!!!

These are some of the 'secret' cabins which have larger than normal balconies. The sweet 16 cabins are 6016, 6018, 6020, 6022, 6024, 6026, 6028 & 6030 on the starboard side and the corresponding cabins on the Port side. The deck plans don't show it but for some reason the balconies on these cabins extend out further making them twice the depth of 'normal' 2C cabins. They are the same price as those normal cabins but have the benefit of the extra large balconies. Most categories have some 'secret' cabins that have something over the ordinary better than 'normal' cabins in the same category and the deck plans don't always show these added bonuses.

CC class cabins that are 'better' than 'nornal' ones are 6135, 6136, 6143, 6144 and those right at the back of the ship. There is a thread at the top of this board that lists all the 'secret' cabins within each class which is very handy to be aware of.

Hope I have explained OK!

Thanks OnlyMe! I too didn't know what a sweet 16 cabin was. I'm still a newbie to cruising having only 2 cruises under my belt. It's amazing how much we can learn from these forums and you seasoned expert cruisers! Gotta love that!!

Thanks OnlyMe! I too didn't know what a sweet 16 cabin was. I'm still a newbie to cruising having only 2 cruises under my belt. It's amazing how much we can learn from these forums and you seasoned expert cruisers! Gotta love that!!

Glad I have helped pmatch! I have learned so much on these boards that it's nice to be able to 'give back' - I'm hardly a seasoned cruiser though - this upcoming cruise will only be our 4th.

Hi all,

Thanks all!

We had 6030 on Constellation. It was a 10 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to the southern Caribbean. On the way down, our balcony was in complete sun (even though the balcony is half covered and half open). On the way home, we were in complete shade.

Hope that helps.

Jo-Ann

Only Me,

We just got off Summit 2/9-16. The balcony hang is not that bad in fact you may like it. We were on the starboard side and had the late day sun everyday. That overhang may save you from roasting to death while you sit out there and watch the sail aways. We were in 7178, starboard, had a big balcony and loved it. However, until the sun began to set it was HOT HOT HOT. You'll love Summit, you'll love the balcony and just ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laurie

Archived