Hotel suggestions for Miami

Wags67

Hello everyone:) I'm turning to the boards for help again...Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel in Miami. We're arriving on a Saturday morning and cruisin' Sunday. (Kinda looking for a hotel near a beach near the port. Been searching the net and haven't found what I want yet. Since this was an unexpected overnight stay, we're lookin' for something that won't take away too much of our cruisin' money. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Bayside. Got a great rate on Sky Auction. There's not a beach there, but it's right by the water, you can see the cruise ships and boats and you can walk over to Bayside in the evening. We had a great time there the night before our cruise.

Hello everyone:) I'm turning to the boards for help again...Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel in Miami. We're arriving on a Saturday morning and cruisin' Sunday. (Kinda looking for a hotel near a beach near the port. Been searching the net and haven't found what I want yet. Since this was an unexpected overnight stay, we're lookin' for something that won't take away too much of our cruisin' money. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Before our cruise we stayed near the south end of the South Beach area, can't remember the hotel name but is was one or two blocks of the beach, walking distance to the restaurants and clubs on south beach and not too far from Club Opium. Nice club but they wouldn't let me in, guess they didn't like my Jimmey Buffet shirt and tennis shoes.:p

After the cruise we stayed a night in the Continental Bayside Hotel which is right next to the port and across from the Baside Market. It was an interesting place.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

Hope this helps, have a safe trip.

we're staying at a little hotel called midtown inn. Nothing special (looks like one of those spring break party hotels) but it's cheap. We're sailing in May and we're doing the same thing. We'll only be there for 1 night too. I think ours was 80 for a night on travelocity, but I saw it cheaper other places. (I don't think it's beach, but it's 1 mile from port)

Sorry, not by the beach, but we stayed at the Embassy Suites (Airport) last fall and really liked it.

Free shuttle from the airport.

Wonderful outdoor pool, hot tub and deck area. Planes flying overhead (taking off), but we never heard them from inside the hotel.

Hotel had a nice center atrium with trees, "waterfalls and brook," fish and free flying birds.

Restauraunt was a bit expensive, but the steak was the best I have ever had anywhere (except perhaps at the supper club on the Glory in 05). There are other chain restaurant(s) within walking distance.

It seems to me the room rate was about $ 90.00, which included a full buffet breakfast... great feed. (The hotel was under renovation, which might have attributed to the good price... renovations did not disturb us any.)

They offered a shuttle to the port (might have been free... not sure) but DW and I wanted to get to the port earlier so we took a taxi ($ 30.00) (at the port by about 10:30)... [we were onboard the Valor by 11 or 11:30 am].

I guess I mentioned a beach since we will arrive Saturday morning and I'm not sure what we're gonna do all day. So I figured~beach~ we could go there most of the time...If we don't rent a car then we'll be stuck around a certain area and if we take cabs who knows what'll cost...I appreciate everyones comments since it's giving me ideas...We haven't flown in the day before and we didn't want to sit around all day but yet we don't want to overspend either. If we could find family or friends that like to cruise at least we'd have others to hang with.

We stayed at a hotel near the airport that had free shuttles to and from the airport and to and from the pier. Saved a bunch of money this way.

On cruise day we used the pool, ate a nice breakfast, took a walk around the block, and then headed to the port on the shuttle around 11:00 ish and got right on the ship! That took care of our day very well! I like to get on the ship as soon as possible!

The Holiday Inn across the street from Bayside would be great for what your looking for. Walk across the street to Bayside (lots of shops and restaurants, right on the water). You can take boat tours from there also. We took a taxi to the port the next morning (very close). I think it was 20.00 (not real sure). I would definately stay there again (we also walked to some of the downtown stores.) The hotel is very nice and well kept.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Bayside. Got a great rate on Sky Auction. There's not a beach there, but it's right by the water, you can see the cruise ships and boats and you can walk over to Bayside in the evening. We had a great time there the night before our cruise.

Ditto! Beautiful hotel. Right on the water. Right next door to Bayside.

We get port view and wake up to see our ship in port:)

Staying near the port or the airport would just be boring. Sorry. You look like you're a little younger (I'm 31, myself) and my wife and I stayed at the Waldorf Towers on Ocean Avenue in South Beach. You can get it for around $175 for the night, which is a tad pricey I know, but it is ACROSS THE STREET from Miami Beach and you can't touch the access. Also, there is a restaurant right outside the hotel door and for the next 2-3 blocks, there is outside sitting restaurants galor...cant beat that. If you can get a rental car from Dollar or Thrifty when you arrive, I would do it. That way, you could park the car on Collins Ave in one of the parking garages ($22/day) and when you return the vehicle to the airport before your cruise, Dollar/Thirfty will then shuttle you to the port. For the convenience end and also the cost (Im assuming it would be $20 in cab fare from the airport to the hotel and then the next day to the port), why not get the car so you could travel around town if youd wish. Although, once you're in South Beach, there's no real need to take the car out of the garage. All the food and entertainment is right there. My advice is to live a little and check out South Beach...there isn't jack to do next to the port.

Archived