Princess moved us to a different cabin?

cruisingtrish

Hey everyone~ My sister and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess on May 8th. We had a Baja 706 and they moved us up to riviera cabin on the back of the ship.I have heard from other members they like the cabins on the back of a ship. How come? The reason I picked the b706 was because it was close to the elevator and nobody in front of us.

What do you princess cruisers think?

Hey everyone~ My sister and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess on May 8th. We had a Baja 706 and they moved us up to c747...I can't even find the cabin. And it's supposed to be a back cabin.:confused: The reason I picked the b706 was because it was close to the elevator and nobody in front of us.

C747 is a cat KK inside on the aft end of Caribe, immediatel forward os PS749.

I don't know what to think except that now the whole ship is in front of you.:p

Have you asked your TA why you were moved?

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/deck_plans/cb_caribe.html

Hey everyone~ My sister and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess on May 8th. We had a Baja 706 and they moved us up to c747...I can't even find the cabin. And it's supposed to be a back cabin.:confused: The reason I picked the b706 was because it was close to the elevator and nobody in front of us.

C747 is a cat KK inside on the aft end of Caribe, immediately forward of PS749.

I don't know what to think except that now the whole ship is in front of you.:p

Have you asked your TA why you were moved?

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/deck_plans/cb_caribe.html

I just called our TA she said we are on a Riviera back cabin. I got confused because my documents say a "c" cabin category. She assured me it's the very back cabin on the Riviera deck. She also said when princess can upgrade they do. She said they usually do it for past guests so I got a upgrade for Nada.:confused: What do you think of the back cabins...and it being that close to the pool? I think it might be a good thing.....I hope.;)

I just called our TA she said we are on a Riviera back cabin. I got confused because my documents say a "c" cabin category. She assured me it's the very back cabin on the Riviera deck. She also said when princess can upgrade they do. She said they usually do it for past guests so I got a upgrade for Nada.:confused: What do you think of the back cabins...and it being that close to the pool? I think it might be a good thing.....I hope.;)

Trish, what category did you actually book? Because if your original cabin number is correct that is a category BE balcony cabin, you went from a balcony stateroom to an oceanview with PORTHOLES, and Princess doesn't downgrade and call it an upgrade.

Something still isn't right here:confused: :confused:

Where is everyone getting C747 from? She never even mentioned the Caribe deck, she said she was being moved to the Riviera deck. I'm confused???:confused: Anyhow, the aft balconies always seem quieter, we are booked on the Star 4/27/09 in an AD Mini, Cabin E724, and they are the only Mini's with covered balconies. And yes they are near an elevator, in fact, the aft elevator goes strait up inside of the Horizon Court, perfect for the late night munchies, or fighting your way through the sunbathers just to get some lunch. You will love it I'm sure, now we've never stayed on the Riviera deck, so I couldn't help you there, but the Emerald and Baja decks are our favorites, it shouldn't be too far off from them. Have a great cruise!:D

Trish, what category did you actually book? Because if your original cabin number is correct that is a category BE balcony cabin, you went from a balcony stateroom B706 to an oceanview with PORTHOLES, category C, and Princess doesn't downgrade and call it an upgrade.

Something still isn't right here:confused: :confused:

Where is everyone getting C747 from? She never even mentioned the Caribe deck, she said she was being moved to the Riviera deck. I'm confused???:confused: Anyhow, the aft balconies always seem quieter, we are booked on the Star 4/27/09 in an AD Mini, Cabin E724, and they are the only Mini's with covered balconies. And yes they are near an elevator, in fact, the aft elevator goes strait up inside of the Horizon Court, perfect for the late night munchies, or fighting your way through the sunbathers just to get some lunch. You will love it I'm sure, now we've never stayed on the Riviera deck, so I couldn't help you there, but the Emerald and Baja decks are our favorites, it shouldn't be too far off from them. Have a great cruise!:D

Guess we all need a cup of coffee, we saw 'C' and thought deck instead of catergory. lol

I'm really confused:( I thought once you picked your room that was it. A balcony to an inside is not a good move. Why did your TA do this?? I would be asking questions. Just because you moved up a few decks means zip. The original room would be much better.

NotWithoutABalcony--

The OP editied her post and took out her reference to her new room being C747.

I wondered if that might not have happened. Guess I don't need that extra cup of coffee this AM. LOL I was sure I had seen C747 in her post, then began to question my own reading when it disappeared.

Trish

You seem to be mixing up your cabin and category letters...the category C cabin on the 'back of the Riviera deck' is cabin number R747. (or R746/R747/R749). It is not C747, which would be an entirely different deck and category.

B706 cabin is category BE, a balcony. As others have said above, did you book a balcony or an inside? B716 perhaps?

I'm really confused:( I thought once you picked your room that was it.
On Princess, you would have to specify no upgrade; otherwise the default is to accept an upgrade. Which is why we are all confused about OP's post as the number listed is definitely not an upgrade. And why we suspect there is a mistake in the cabin(s) or category(s) listed. Pending clarification from Trish....

I just called our TA she said we are on a Riviera back cabin.

We had a Baja 706 and they moved us up to riviera cabin on the back of the ship.

If you did not state "no upgrade" Princess will move you when they want to sell a block of cabins.

My friend had a cabin exactly in the same location. She wasn't impressed with it at all. Above her cabin, she heard noises from the kitchen early morning....:eek: which kept her up.

We stayed on Aloha deck, in the rear, and didn't hear anything. It was a great location, being the dining areas are closer than forward cabins.

If you want your old cabin back, I would call your TA immediately to change it back. Otherwise, your stuck.

Enjoy your cruise!

How do you indicate "No Upgrade"? Can it be done online?

Good question. I have never booked direct with Princess in 21 Princess cruises, can't see paying more for the same cabin. So, never dealt with the online booking before. Hummmmmmmmmm, but I am sure there is a way to check somewhere so the default of 'YES' when it comes to upgrades can be overridden.

Archived