The Gem Girl and the weather?

SuzieQ123

Do you think this weather will slow her down? Leaving tomorrow yay! The snow doesn't concern me much as I will get there no matter the situation but I know in the past the Dawn was delayed getting in in weather like this

I hope not because I'm sailing with you.

The last time we were on the Dawn we didn't arrive back till 2. We had our last lunch in the dining room and I ate the same meal when we boarded . That was a first. See you onboard.

hoping she gets in on time---!!! thinking about moving up my car pick up--so as to get to pier early!! would rather sit on pier than in traffic on George Washinton Bridge!!!

what time are you all planning on being there tomorrow..???

jaja

Good question! I am so frustrated with this snow after several weeks of dry and cold I thought we had nothing to worry about - silly me. We are driving down from CT and know we will get there fine, if just a bit slow. We usually arrive between 11 and 12 and expect it to take longer, but hopefully not too much longer. I hope 'she' isn't late, but I'll wait for her!!:) Any other examples of how late she might be?

I think the one time the Dawn was late (VERY late) leaving due to weather was during the infamous "snow cruise" -- when was that? February 2005? They had trouble getting out of NY harbor because of ice. I don't think you'll have that problem. ;)

Have a GREAT cruise!!! :)

Thanks. I feel better. It won't be anywhere near that bad. But I'll be happy if I can just get on the ship and she can't ago anywhere (heaven forbid).

Hang in there everything will be ok. Just think...U are on vacation... Is there anything else to worry about. Food and the bars will be open. I would be in heaven. I'm hoping for good weather when I sail next month. I'll have to enjoy the weather given to me. We can't change it so just make the best of it!

Have fun and please post a review upon your return.

Hang in there everything will be ok. Just think...U are on vacation... Is there anything else to worry about. Food and the bars will be open. I would be in heaven. I'm hoping for good weather when I sail next month. I'll have to enjoy the weather given to me. We can't change it so just make the best of it!

Have fun and please post a review upon your return.

That's exactly how I feel. I just want to get on board and then I'm in heaven. You can be sure I will post a review by Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the encouragement and you enjoy yours as well!!

Calm down everyone, good news!! We are also on the Gem tomorrow and I have just been out and about. Although I live about 15 miles due north from the pier, ALL of the major roads are already clear. I am sure everyone will get there fine.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Calm down everyone' date=' good news!! We are also on the Gem tomorrow and I have just been out and about. Although I live about 15 miles due north from the pier, ALL of the major roads are already clear. I am sure everyone will get there fine.

See you all tomorrow!!![/quote']

Well, I am calm about tomorrow, but this is NOT true here. The roads are a disaster and it is still snowing really really hard. I am about to try to get home from work after one of the attorneys here turned around from trying to get to a meeting becasue the roads were so bad he said it wasn't worth it. Unfortunately, waiting won't help me because it is getting worse. But I have a good car for snow and I go slow. Better now than when all the nuts hit the roads.

Calm down everyone' date=' good news!! We are also on the Gem tomorrow and I have just been out and about. Although I live about 15 miles due north from the pier, ALL of the major roads are already clear. I am sure everyone will get there fine.

See you all tomorrow!!![/quote']

GREAT news....:) .been watching news all day...hoping Route 4 and GWB stay clear and ice free....there IS going to be some bad "mixed" precip tonight and early AM..:mad:

jaja (janette)

Anyone have opinions of what JFK will be like tomorrow morning? We're flying in on the red-eye from Phoenix, and are scheduled to arrive at 6am...a bit nervous over here.

Thanks!

Good Luck I hope everything works out. Right now the airports have about 2 hour delays. It is 34 degrees and everything is turning to slush. They say that the temp is going to drop overnight and freeze all the slush.

I hope everyone has a safe trip and enjoys the Gem. :)

Archived