All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

veryhotred and qtmichelle, i too entered the contest and i'm really excited about this new class of ship. i do have some concerns though but since RCI hasn't released any additional information other than one rendering and brief description....i'm putting my concerns on the back burner. :)

I guess we'll find out when we're notified that we've won the contest! :D:p

I guess we'll find out when we're notified that we've won the contest! :D:p

LOL...that would be awesome!

i'm hoping RCI creates a website like they did for the freedom. i'm guessing more information will be forth coming after the independence debuts in april.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here is a link on Aker Yards that I thought was interesting. Says they started construction on the 2nd ship earlier this month!

http://www.akeryards.com/businessareas/cruiseferries/thegenesisproject/

also.. thought this picture was neat. Shows the ship as if it were docked in London.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Assets/GetAsset.aspx?ItemID=6207

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here is a link on Aker Yards that I thought was interesting. Says they started construction on the 2nd ship earlier this month!

http://www.akeryards.com/businessareas/cruiseferries/thegenesisproject/

also.. thought this picture was neat. Shows the ship as if it were docked in London.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Assets/GetAsset.aspx?ItemID=6207

thanks for sharing. i've noticed there are no "hump" cabins or cantilivered whirlpools...:confused: and the speculations grows. LOL i counted @ least 8 balcony decks....voyager/freedom class have 5 balcony decks

WOW!! the pictures are getting me excited, I can't wait for this ship to come out. thanks for posting the pictures.

MC, I see you live here on the Island too;) Great place to live.:)

Carol:)

...... i've noticed there are no "hump" cabins or cantilivered whirlpools...:confused: and the speculations grows. ........

I counted 8 balcony desks too...

as far as hump cabins go, there is an area near the middle of the ship, where the balconies look a little different, above the 3rd and 4th lifeboats from the left... I was thinking is where the hump section will be... looks to be about 15 cabins on each deck, each side?

I counted 8 balcony desks too...

as far as hump cabins go, there is an area near the middle of the ship, where the balconies look a little different, above the 3rd and 4th lifeboats from the left... I was thinking is where the hump section will be... looks to be about 15 cabins on each deck, each side?

ok, i was thinking maybe that could be the "hump" cabin area. :cool:

even the guy who took these photos said he was awe struck at the size of the genesis project thus far...and this is nothing but the mid section!!! LOL :eek: :eek:

Haha thank you, It must be fate. sheer brilliance rubbed off on me for once in my life. :p

I think it's a GIANT step in the right direction.

Pardon my puns, I just felt the need.:rolleyes:

MC.

LOL...

genesis-render.jpg

I love comparison pictures such as this one. The silhouette pictures are awesome too, showing a ship, with a smaller one in front, and another, etc.

Amazing to see the size increases in 10 years right there. Technology has advanced miraculously.

I love Genesis' bridge, it looks very "boss" like.:cool:

I love comparison pictures such as this one. The silhouette pictures are awesome too, showing a ship, with a smaller one in front, and another, etc.

Amazing to see the size increases in 10 years right there. Technology has advanced miraculously.

I love Genesis' bridge, it looks very "boss" like.:cool:

Check out the size difference of the life boats. :eek:

thanks for sharing. i've noticed there are no "hump" cabins or cantilivered whirlpools...:confused: and the speculations grows. LOL i counted @ least 8 balcony decks....voyager/freedom class have 5 balcony decks

Actually, I think the hump is the section of cabins to the right of the section under the word Genesis. Note that there is a color change on the balconies and that the cabin windows do something slightly odd at the uprights.

Edit: okay so I should have finished reading the thread before posting. I really should go to bed.

Archived