All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Just got back from Liberty and heard 2 statements about Genesis:

1) "It will change the way you think of a cruise ship." That's very broad, but was said by the CD in response to my issue with the crowds around the pool and the difficulty in getting a chair. He said it's not just going to be bigger.

2) There will be many restaurants, doing away with the structured seating. That was much more of a rumor and not said by anyone with authority.

Ahhh that is correct..I had forgotten about only the passenger deck plans being released and the other areas blocked out. I still have my copy that I printed off when the deck plans first surfaced on CC. If I recall correctly it was a from a friend of Tyron's who forwarded it to me...Joe I think was his name..do you recall that Ty?

They were only released a few days before booking opened.

You're absolutely correct, Emmy! :) Wow, I can't believe how long ago that all seems....

Ok ever since we met Emmy and Rick, Sapphire 05'..we have heard nothing but Freedom this, and Freedom that, and now it's Genesis..and after seeing pictures of surfer Rick hanging ten on the aft water feature of Freedom. I have to say, Emmy you have us hooked..we will be onboard the inauguaral sailing.

As for grass and trees..what ever happened to Palm Trees and sandy beaches??

Ok ever since we met Emmy and Rick, Sapphire 05'..we have heard nothing but Freedom this, and Freedom that, and now it's Genesis..and after seeing surfer rick hanging ten on the aft water feature of Freedom. I have to say, Emmy you have us hooked..we will be onboard the inauguaral sailing.

I really hope they do a beach like atmosphere with sand and palm trees, preferably in the adults only section

Ok ever since we met Emmy and Rick, Sapphire 05'..we have heard nothing but Freedom this, and Freedom that, and now it's Genesis..and after seeing pictures of surfer Rick hanging ten on the aft water feature of Freedom. I have to say, Emmy you have us hooked..we will be onboard the inauguaral sailing.

Welcome Michael to this thread, to RCI boards (sshhh he is one of my Princess friends) and to ALL Things Genesis. Lots of info here about the new class of ship. So what is on your wish list for a ship...you never know the designers might be listening...so some palm trees and some sand...hmmm there are palm trees on Freedom just not the leafy green kind:D

You're absolutely correct, Emmy! :) Wow, I can't believe how long ago that all seems....

I think I received the deck plans via email for Freedom like on t he Saturday evening and we booked on the Monday or Tuesday following.

I'm thinking that the initial rendering we've seen will be modified soon. From this particular rendering, there's no pronounced promenade deck.

But I do agree, it does appear those cylinder shaped objects may possibly be the same thing as the Solstice.:cool:

I, like you, can't wait for additional information to begin circulating. :D :cool:

Hey Tye.

Tye is so good to find information. I am sure he will help this thread a lot.

I am excited too as the inaugural sailing just might be the ship I finally get to meet Tyron after about 6 years of posting.

:)

Emmy, Tye is the best. My entire family adores him. He is truly an awesome guy. You will love him at first sight! He is the nicest guy. Very loyal.

Here is a picture of him and I on the Freedom

IMG_0082.jpg

On deck eight directly above the Royal Promenade will be an area called Central Park and in place of having promenade view cabins, the cabins will overlook Central Park and have balconies. He has stated the plans call for real grass and trees as there is drainage and irrigation systems on the plans. Of course RCI is now going to get a head start on how this works with the new Celebrity Solstice coming into service in December and will have real grass.

:)

I love the idea of the balconies.

Just got back from Liberty and heard 2 statements about Genesis:

1) "It will change the way you think of a cruise ship." That's very broad, but was said by the CD in response to my issue with the crowds around the pool and the difficulty in getting a chair. He said it's not just going to be bigger.

2) There will be many restaurants, doing away with the structured seating. That was much more of a rumor and not said by anyone with authority.

I love this idea!!

thanks Emmy..I am still a loyal PCL fan, but always willing to expand my horizons..last RCL ship I was on several years ago, was the Rhapsody out of Galveston..a very interesting experience..couldn't beat the price for an aft balcony..met an awesome country singer named Pete Benz on this cruise, I'm not even a CW listener, but couldn't help like this guy. Great personality, very nice guy. and boy could he sing!!

I'm not sure about the theme of Central Park on a cruise ship, more so an exotic beach onboard complete with sand, palm trees, and of course fish~

looking forward to the experience of sailing, as well as meeting up again with great friends..and of course making new ones~

has anyone seen any discussions on the logistics of such a large ship? Not much longer than Freedom (68 feet) but significantly more passengers (30

%). Embarkation, debarkation, port access? I have read there is a special new docking facility being built to accomodate the vessel in Fla.

What is the height of QM2?

The more and more I look at this, it's seeming that Genesis really isn't that much bigger than QM2 and FOS, which is kinda disappointing because I was looking forward to being the largest ship in port by a long shot. I'd love the idea of towering over other ships in port.

What is the height of QM2?

The more and more I look at this, it's seeming that Genesis really isn't that much bigger than QM2 and FOS, which is kinda disappointing because I was looking forward to being the largest ship in port by a long shot. I'd love the idea of towering over other ships in port.

I was wondering the same thing. An issue I have with RCI is that they always seem to miss the mark of exactly how much their ships weigh....

Voyager class ships are listed as 142,000 tons but in actuality they weigh in between 137-138,000 tons (not much but still off)

Freedom class ships are listed as 160,000 tons but in actuality they weigh in at 154,000 tons.

So I'm wondering what will the actual tonnage be for the Genesis class ships.:confused: :rolleyes:

Emmy, Tye is the best. My entire family adores him. He is truly an awesome guy. You will love him at first sight! He is the nicest guy. Very loyal.

Here is a picture of him and I on the Freedom

IMG_0082.jpg

Good Morning Future Genesis cruisers

Selena ~ great photo and look forward to meeting both you and Ty..Joyce so a little boy...wonderful:)

Okay back to the program at hand..so arn't they saying Genesis Project will be about 220,000

So Genesis is supposed to be 65 M tall, equivalent to 213 ft tall. That means QM2 is still 50 ft or so taller?

Wow, I am really shocked. I thought that first of a ship of this size would literally blow the rest of the ships out of the water in terms of dimensions, but apparently not.

I just don't see how it adds up when Genesis has 7-8 decks full of balcony cabins in the design rendering. Yes, I know it's not accurate, but you'd presume the rendering would have some grain of truth to it.

Tyron, very good point. I think I'd guess it will total out at around 216-218 thousand GRT.

MC.

Archived