All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

mc, one thing we have to remember is that the height dimension for the QM2 are from the keel to the funnel. which means it's not that much taller than the voyager/freedom class ships because the dimension that RCI gives for these ships are from the waterline to the funnel. and i do believe the genesis class ships will be just taller than the QM2. there will be a SIGNIFICANT size difference with this class of ship because at the waterline the ship will be 157 feet. on most ships that width is only accomplished due to the extension of the bridge wings. there was talk on another thread of them possibly making the genesis' stack retractable so she'd fit under most bridges.

time will tell..... :cool: :D

good morning to everyone!

So Genesis is supposed to be 65 M tall, equivalent to 213 ft tall. That means QM2 is still 50 ft or so taller?

Wow, I am really shocked. I thought that first of a ship of this size would literally blow the rest of the ships out of the water in terms of dimensions, but apparently not.

I just don't see how it adds up when Genesis has 7-8 decks full of balcony cabins in the design rendering. Yes, I know it's not accurate, but you'd presume the rendering would have some grain of truth to it.

Tyron, very good point. I think I'd guess it will total out at around 216-218 thousand GRT.

MC.

The Genesis will be slightly taller than the QM2. The QM2 is 72 meters tall with about 10 meters of that below water. Genesis is going to be 65 meters at the water line. The Genesis is going to be big but not as big as many people think. There is a discussion about the ship here and the fact that she has to be able to pass under the Great Belt Bridge. It seems that 65 meters is the highest a ship can be in order to do this.

http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010218

Good Morning all,

Yes it is still morning here:D I have not been on the boards for a few days because they have not been very good to me so now I will have to catch up on all that has been said;)

Carol:)

The Genesis will be slightly taller than the QM2. The QM2 is 72 meters tall with about 10 meters of that below water. Genesis is going to be 65 meters at the water line. The Genesis is going to be big but not as big as many people think. There is a discussion about the ship here and the fact that she has to be able to pass under the Great Belt Bridge. It seems that 65 meters is the highest a ship can be in order to do this.

cruisingator2, how ya doin? a quick question for ya...does the genesis necessarily have to go the route of the great belt bridge or is there an alternate route which she may take. :cool:

hey carol, welcome back!

also remember the gentlemen supplying the construction photos keeps mentioning the possibility of them making the funnel retractable. :cool:

Let me apologize to everyone. I had no idea I wasn't suppose to copy and post pics (I'm re-reading the rules and guidelines) now so I won't make the same mistakes.

So those are the last pics that I'll post. But I'll do the same as some of you....post the link where the pics have originated and where a lot of others get their info and try to pass it off as if they've got "inside" info on the Genesis.

So again, I do apologize for copying and posting pics and slowing down the site.

Let me apologize to everyone. I had no idea I wasn't suppose to copy and post pics (I'm re-reading the rules and guidelines) now so I won't make the same mistakes.

So those are the last pics that I'll post. But I'll do the same as some of you....post the link where the pics have originated and where a lot of others get their info and try to pass it off as if they've got "inside" info on the Genesis.

So again, I do apologize for copying and posting pics and slowing down the site.

Ty ~ was there something posted about photos on the threads.. did I miss something while I was at work ..:Dyou know the means to a cruise

Ty ~ was there something posted about photos on the threads.. did I miss something while I was at work ..:Dyou know the means to a cruise

i got an email that i was being "reported" for violating community rules by copying and posting pics. :) i was unaware that i was contributing to the "slow down" of the entire site by posting such large pics. :cool: :)

i got an email that i was being "reported" for violating community rules by copying and posting pics. :) i was unaware that i was contributing to the "slow down" of the entire site by posting such large pics. :cool: :)

OOOKay... thanks for that... I have seen larger than the ones on this thread. Will abide by the rules.

off topic I did notice that the search feature is temporarily down

Nice to see genesis project progressing... great shots.

emmy & eric....i dont sweat the small stuff anymore. LOL :cool: :D i'm comparing those pics to some of the construction pics of the voyager class ships.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/design/construction/outdoor/html/outdoorFR.html

it seems as if they're moving along pretty quickly too...

does anyone know if that's the engines, or some electrical equipment being installed this early on....:confused:

emmy & eric....i dont sweat the small stuff anymore. LOL :cool: :D i'm comparing those pics to some of the construction pics of the voyager class ships.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/design/construction/outdoor/html/outdoorFR.html

it seems as if they're moving along pretty quickly too...

does anyone know if that's the engines, or some electrical equipment being installed this early on....:confused:

From what I have been reading from the other website they seem to think that it has to do with the water system for the ship, but we more than likely won't see any answers until tomorrow as it is pretty late over in turku. Yes I checked the time over there!!!!!

Shame, shame... posting those pictures for our enjoyment... Tyron, stop trying to be nice, okay? ;)

(PS Thanks for letting us know about your "crime" - I was unaware as well!)

LOL...I'm trying to be a "good boy" in 2008! How many months do I have left to go??? LOL :D :cool: :D

Thanks for the info Brian. I'm following this project very closely...this ship is suppose to be maritime wonder!

Good Morning Future Genesis cruisers

Selena ~ great photo and look forward to meeting both you and Ty..Joyce so a little boy...wonderful:)

Okay back to the program at hand..so arn't they saying Genesis Project will be about 220,000

Emmy I have always enjoyed your posts. I look forward to meeting you one day too. I am not postive if I am going to be able to do the first Genesis run. But one day I am sure we will meet.

We had thought Tye might get to go with us on the Pride and when my DH found out he would not be on the ship he was upset. But alas, Tye was not approved for vacation.

Tyron -

Did the email actually say it was server-related or did you assume that because of the board behavior the past couple days? because I was thinking that it might be copyright related....since a lot of what has been posted (by more than you) has been material created by specific sites and probably under copyright.

Just a thought.

LOL...I'm trying to be a "good boy" in 2008! How many months do I have left to go??? LOL :D :cool: :D

Thanks for the info Brian. I'm following this project very closely...this ship is suppose to be maritime wonder!

Tyron I'm right there with you !!!! I'm following this as tight as when the freedom was being built, but i had no idea of this website until after it was completed and I was getting ready to go on my first onboard her. I read through the guidelines and maybe i missed it, but the photos are not copy written as they are in public domain and i'm sure if you contacted akerbuilder he would tell you to share them (assumtion only). I do have to say thank you to everyone that posts here on the cc. There has been alot of useful information that has helped me and my group of friends through our two cruises.

I read through the guidelines and maybe i missed it, but the photos are not copy written as they are in public domain and i'm sure if you contacted akerbuilder he would tell you to share them (assumtion only).

I'm actually thinking that they may be thinking about the various comparison graphics showing Genesis relative to oher ships, cities, etc. Anything corporate-created.

I'm actually thinking that they may be thinking about the various comparison graphics showing Genesis relative to oher ships, cities, etc. Anything corporate-created.

Ahh ok, my bad. I have a problem with reading to much into something and than it will bother until i find what i'm looking for or what someone else is looking for.

Ahh ok, my bad. I have a problem with reading to much into something and than it will bother until i find what i'm looking for or what someone else is looking for.

Hey, I know what you mean...I'm just totally guessing here. But, it is something I could understand given that as far as I know noone's gotten grief for putting up personal pictures.

Ah, now it all makes sense to me. Thanks for clarifying it for me. I didn't realize QM2's specs were to keel and RCI's were not.

Yes, I completely forgot about the bridge until watching a FOS construction video earlier today (and reading your post)! It really is too bad, and I wonder for how much longer RCI will order from AKer Yards if ships must pass under this bridge when leaving Turku?

Yes, I'm sad to hear that Genesis won't be as big as I as imagining. The extra balcony decks sorta threw my imagination off.

65 meters...probably leading to those rumors about the funnel tips retracting being true as well.

I have to say I'm really excited to see this new boardwalk/central park area. I think it'd be fantastic to see, and I'd love for there to be more glass, exposing more ocean around the vessel.

Archived