All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Hi all, I just thought I'd post a thread on Genesis, for those who don't want to look through the large (and relatively off-topic) other Genesis thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the thread, I just want to have a thread that discusses Genesis herself (i.e. speculation, news, ideas, etc).

Personally, I'd like to share a thought I had,

Has anyone noticed the 6 cylindrical shaped objects on the upper pool deck about midship in the Genesis Picture?

I'm guessing it could be similar to Celebrity Solstice's "Entertainment and signature canopies" around the pool area. If you look at picture three http://celebritysolstice.com/#/enter.../onboard/pool/ you'll see the canopies taking place on the top two decks around the pool sides.

If you look at the Genesis Rendering (http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ship...sis_hr_new.jpg) then below the cylinder-shaped objects you'll see some pillars, presumably the dividers between the new canopies?

I'm just getting right into the Genesis mood and just making some guesses after looking at it a little closer. Thoughts?

MC.

First of all the "other thread" is not off topic. It's about a group of people getting to know one another who plan to be on the first sailing. The thread was not started to just talk about the ship though their is some info being passed on it. So I'm not sure who the thread can call the thread "off topic". Second, I am glad that you started this thread because I love looking at the pics without having to look through 92 pages of good people getting to know each other to find pics of the ship.:D

Actually, I think the hump is the section of cabins to the right of the section under the word Genesis. Note that there is a color change on the balconies and that the cabin windows do something slightly odd at the uprights.

Edit: okay so I should have finished reading the thread before posting. I really should go to bed.

thanks for pointing that out...i had originally overlooked that entire section. hopefully the balconies will extended a bit further out....all in due time and all our questions will be answered. :D :cool: :D

veryhotred and qtmichelle, i too entered the contest and i'm really excited about this new class of ship. i do have some concerns though but since RCI hasn't released any additional information other than one rendering and brief description....i'm putting my concerns on the back burner. :)

i hope there are more areas that'll give more ocean views like on the radiance class ships and an outside casual eating area.

i hope there's no rock climbing wall on this ship, so that the viking crown can have full circle views. :D

hello, FL_Cruiser! :cool:

Hello Tyron!! I hope that at least one of the finalists is a CC person!! Wouldn't that be great?! No rock climbing wall would be cool too, a full circle view would be amazing...I wonder what they can add to this ship that is not on some other ship?

I guess we'll find out when we're notified that we've won the contest! :D:p

LOL you go girl ;)

veryhotred and qtmichelle, i too entered the contest and i'm really excited about this new class of ship. i do have some concerns though but since RCI hasn't released any additional information other than one rendering and brief description....i'm putting my concerns on the back burner. :)

i hope there are more areas that'll give more ocean views like on the radiance class ships and an outside casual eating area.

i hope there's no rock climbing wall on this ship, so that the viking crown can have full circle views. :D

hello, FL_Cruiser! :cool:

Hello Tyron!! I hope that at least one of the finalists is a CC person!! Wouldn't that be great?! No rock climbing wall would be cool too, a full circle view would be amazing...I wonder what they can add to this ship that is not on some other ship?

I guess we'll find out when we're notified that we've won the contest! :D:p

LOL you go girl ;)

Hello finally ~ I was able to get on the boards to say hello and to speak of a subject near and dear to my heart Genesis.

So much to try and figure out from one rendering.:D

Tyron & mrcruzer as much excitment here about Genesis in fact I think more about this ship than Freedom. been waiting to step foot on this ship since I stepped off of Freedom inaugural.

I am excited too as the inaugural sailing just might be the ship I finally get to meet Tyron after about 6 years of posting.

Okay off to check the renderings and other photos in detail.

Hello Carol :)

Just after admiring the picture of her once again, I have to say the views from the Viking Crown lounge will be out of this world. 360 degree views. But it's a massive superstructure compared to the other vessels. Any ideas on what else could be located in that area?

I think an upscale dining venue would be great (as long as it's soundproofed from the disco also up there).

I REALLY hope there is a pool area in the Stern area of the ship. One of the things I loved with Princess is the aft pools, which there was none of on RCI. It feels like a quiet place to relax, and I love watching the wake while sitting in the sun :D:cool:

Interesting note about the Cantilevered Whirlpools, I'd imagine theyd be on Genesis just as FOS. I guess it's just a sketch, which is why we don't see the whirlpools-maybe in further designs they will be included.

Just after admiring the picture of her once again, I have to say the views from the Viking Crown lounge will be out of this world. 360 degree views. But it's a massive superstructure compared to the other vessels. Any ideas on what else could be located in that area?

I think an upscale dining venue would be great (as long as it's soundproofed from the disco also up there).

I REALLY hope there is a pool area in the Stern area of the ship. One of the things I loved with Princess is the aft pools, which there was none of on RCI. It feels like a quiet place to relax, and I love watching the wake while sitting in the sun :D:cool:

Interesting note about the Cantilevered Whirlpools, I'd imagine theyd be on Genesis just as FOS. I guess it's just a sketch, which is why we don't see the whirlpools-maybe in further designs they will be included.

Agreed about the aft pool... this is my FAV spot on a Princess ship. It will be nice if the aft area of the ship is more accessbible to more cruisers.

How about a dining venue with alfresco dining:) that could be a distinct possibility. Will miss the cantilevered pools..they were and awesome feature. Not to say they won't be there.

The Aft pool was brilliant, so let's keep our fingers crossed! ;) You think it would be only for certain passengers?

Yes, that would have excellent potential I think. (Alfresco dining)

I really do hope for at least two buffet style eateries, as one is simply not enough on the other ships.

Inside balcony promenade rooms & Portofino's in the Royal Promenade w/ "outdoor" promenade seating. Expect something big also in the water/waterpark department, can't pinpoint what yet.

Okay are you an 'insider' that knows a few 'secret' details:D

I for one would go for an inside balcony... mainly because no other cruise line has this neat feature and it would be cool to be one of the first to experience this....it is all about innovation and RCI tops it in my books.

Inside balcony promenade rooms & Portofino's in the Royal Promenade w/ "outdoor" promenade seating. Expect something big also in the water/waterpark department, can't pinpoint what yet.

Okay are you an 'insider' that knows a few 'secret' details:D

I for one would go for an inside balcony... mainly because no other cruise line has this neat feature and it would be cool to be one of the first to experience this....it is all about innovation and RCI tops it in my books.

emmy, MC, & Jtd...i like all the ideas and concepts u all presented. an aft pool and additional "outdoor" eating/relaxation areas is definitely top on my list.

carol & veryhotred...good seeing ur post today. :D

btw, as always...great seeing ur post too emmy! :D

GENESIS.jpg

it's renderings such as this that leaves me awe struck! :D :eek:

hello and welcome...Five-Rileys. We're all glad MC created this thread yesterday. We're having a blast speculating about this massive ship.:)

I'm with you Five-Rileys,

As exciting as an inaugural sailing may be, I'm going to plan for around New Years 2009/2010 So its still the maiden season, but any bugs will have had time to work out. And it will still be a brand new ship! :D

I'm sure everyone has already noticed it, but in the top aft decks You'll notice three "poles" sticking up above the glass, I'm pretty sure meant to be another bungee trampoline like that on Enchantment of the Seas.

Hi Tyron, I have been following your Indy thread because there is not much going on - on my thread for the previous sailing :(, its nice to meet you. Heres my thought...on Liberty I was exhausted at the end of the week from walking soo much and I work out a lot so I can just imagine what its going to be like on Genesis. I told my husband on Liberty they should have (just for fun of course) points of reference to scan your sea pass and tell you how far you've walked at the end of the week!!

That could be a problem...Imagine if even one of those malfunctioned? 350 people would be in a bit of a pickle...

I really do hope for multiple embarkation/disembarkation outlets on Genesis or it could be NASTY.

I love how she'll be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, It will be fun comparing the size of MY ship with all 5 or 6 other ships in port at the same time...;)

I'm with you Five-Rileys,

As exciting as an inaugural sailing may be, I'm going to plan for around New Years 2009/2010 So its still the maiden season, but any bugs will have had time to work out. And it will still be a brand new ship! :D Exactly! we were on sailing # 16 for Liberty, it was perfect!! but I can understand the excitement of the first cruise!

I'm sure everyone has already noticed it, but in the top aft decks You'll notice three "poles" sticking up above the glass, I'm pretty sure meant to be another bungee trampoline like that on Enchantment of the Seas. I seriously just got butterflies in my stomach thinking about that

Also, I would have to say Central Park is my favorite place in the entire world! so my interest is totally peaked

Five, it's nice to meet u too....I wish u were on our sailing. We've had an interesting roll call but it'll get better. :)

FL_Cruiser, hello. :)

I think RCI will embark/debark from no less than 2 gangways (forward & aft) rather than the method they use now. I think they'll operate in the manner when two Voyager class ships are in port.

FL_Cruiser....those lifeboats will be HUGE!!! :eek:

Being that I have only been on the small ships, I have no clue what to expect. I have only been on the Sovereign and the Enchantment! I am booked on the Mariner this November but that is still smaller than the Freedom and even then the Freedom will be smaller than the Genesis!! I just cannot imagine what they will have.

I like the idea someone mentioned about inside balcony cabins! That would be cool! I booked a promenade cabin on the Mariner and if it had a balcony to overlook the promenade, too cool!!

What will this Central park entail? I mean I know what Central Park is, is that what I should expect?

Being that I have only been on the small ships, I have no clue what to expect. I have only been on the Sovereign and the Enchantment! I am booked on the Mariner this November but that is still smaller than the Freedom and even then the Freedom will be smaller than the Genesis!! I just cannot imagine what they will have.

I like the idea someone mentioned about inside balcony cabins! That would be cool! I booked a promenade cabin on the Mariner and if it had a balcony to overlook the promenade, too cool!!

What will this Central park entail? I mean I know what Central Park is, is that what I should expect?

What has been reported by a worker from Aker in Turku Finland is the following.

Royal Promenade will start on deck five and rise up three decks much like the Freedom and Voyager class ships. His report is that the RP will be more open than that of the Freedom and Voyager class ships and not as long due to the Boardwalk.

On deck eight directly above the Royal Promenade will be an area called Central Park and in place of having promenade view cabins, the cabins will overlook Central Park and have balconies. He has stated the plans call for real grass and trees as there is drainage and irrigation systems on the plans. Of course RCI is now going to get a head start on how this works with the new Celebrity Solstice coming into service in December and will have real grass.

He has also stated that the rear area of the Royal Promenade will be called Boardwalk. Not sure what this will hold. I have also read that the Boardwalk will open up at the aft area of the ship with a large outside area on deck five.

He has stated that the lifeboats will hold 350 passengers and will be a three level catamaran style boat.

Compared to the Freedom class, the Genesis will be four feet taller, 69 feet longer and 28 feet wider at the water line.

It will be interesting to see if what this person has told us actually is going to happen. Time will tell.:)

Archived