All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

What has been reported by a worker from Aker in Turku Finland is the following.

Royal Promenade will start on deck five and rise up three decks much like the Freedom and Voyager class ships. His report is that the RP will be more open than that of the Freedom and Voyager class ships and not as long due to the Boardwalk.

On deck eight directly above the Royal Promenade will be an area called Central Park and in place of having promenade view cabins, the cabins will overlook Central Park and have balconies. He has stated the plans call for real grass and trees as there is drainage and irrigation systems on the plans. Of course RCI is now going to get a head start on how this works with the new Celebrity Solstice coming into service in December and will have real grass.

He has also stated that the rear area of the Royal Promenade will be called Boardwalk. Not sure what this will hold. I have also read that the Boardwalk will open up at the aft area of the ship with a large outside area on deck five.

He has stated that the lifeboats will hold 350 passengers and will be a three level catamaran style boat.

Compared to the Freedom class, the Genesis will be four feet taller, 69 feet longer and 28 feet wider at the water line.

It will be interesting to see if what this person has told us actually is going to happen. Time will tell.:)

cruisingator, thanks for explaining that...i was confused as to how the royal promenade and central park would "co-exist" but that definitely clears things up and makes sense. :cool:

WOW!!! Look @ the size comparison even @ this very early stage. :eek: :D

Thanks a million for posting those FL_Cruiser!:cool: :D

One thing to keep in mind when looking at the Genesis compared to the Independence is that the Indy is not in dry dock and is tied up next to the side of finishing out pier. She is not square in the center of a dry dock like the Genesis is and it makes the Genesis look that much larger.

One thing to keep in mind when looking at the Genesis compared to the Independence is that the Indy is not in dry dock and is tied up next to the side of finishing out pier. She is not square in the center of a dry dock like the Genesis is and it makes the Genesis look that much larger.

exactly....but u can immediately tell there's a significant size difference between the two.:cool:

Royal Promenade will start on deck five and rise up three decks much like the Freedom and Voyager class ships. His report is that the RP will be more open than that of the Freedom and Voyager class ships and not as long due to the Boardwalk.

On deck eight directly above the Royal Promenade will be an area called Central Park and in place of having promenade view cabins, the cabins will overlook Central Park and have balconies. He has stated the plans call for real grass and trees as there is drainage and irrigation systems on the plans. Of course RCI is now going to get a head start on how this works with the new Celebrity Solstice coming into service in December and will have real grass.

He has also stated that the rear area of the Royal Promenade will be called Boardwalk. Not sure what this will hold. I have also read that the Boardwalk will open up at the aft area of the ship with a large outside area on deck five.

He has stated that the lifeboats will hold 350 passengers and will be a three level catamaran style boat.

Compared to the Freedom class, the Genesis will be four feet taller, 69 feet longer and 28 feet wider at the water line.

It will be interesting to see if what this person has told us actually is going to happen. Time will tell.:)

Great info and thanks for posting it on this thread.... let's come back to this post to see just how accurate the info is when we finally see the pictures.

Great info and thanks for posting it on this thread.... let's come back to this post to see just how accurate the info is when we finally see the pictures.

LOL...i agree, it'll be quite interesting to come back to this awesome thread and see how close we came to the final product.

Central park, boardwalk? Maybe should resend my Genesis names and change them to Empire of the Seas and Metropolis of the Seas! Thanks for starting the thread. I love the pics, ideas and shared passions for an amazing new ship class coming soon for all to enjoy! I CAN'T WAIT!

Great thread, thanks for starting it

I can't make sense of any of the renderings or pictures so it's been nice reading you all speculations as to what it's going to look like

I'm excited to see how on target everyone is.

Keep speculationg please, it's keeping me interested in Genesis

Hi Tyron & Emmy

Great thread, thanks for starting it

I can't make sense of any of the renderings or pictures so it's been nice reading you all speculations as to what it's going to look like

I'm excited to see how on target everyone is.

Keep speculationg please, it's keeping me interested in Genesis

Hi Tyron & Emmy

Hello Joyce..just noticed the sign on your signature... Congratulations Mom to Be..when is the big day?

Thanks for the info!!! Wow...those inside RP balconies sound so COOL!!

Just rumors...:D

The ship is projected to have new features, rumored to be the addition of a bowling alley complex, an outdoor trapeze area, a billiards lounge similar to those found on the Radiance Class Ships, a larger dining room, and a much longer Royal Promenade shopping and recreation area. Much larger staterooms and balcony areas are reported to be on the ship, as well as a much larger variety of dining, bar, and lounge options. Also, it is expected to have a "Central Park" area at the rear of the ship with real trees and other foliage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_of_the_Seas

That's an amazing wealth of information! how'd you find it?

I agree, I hope that turns out to be true. The aft boardwalk has my attention. I wonder if that outside area will have a pool or hot tubs?

There is no way Genesis is only 4 ft taller...It must be taller than that...Look at the size of it:eek:

JOYCE!!!!!! :D :D :D Welcome to this great thread. This is one fun place.

so what does everyone think will be revealed when the next rendering or deck plans are revealed :cool: :D

1.) Rock climbing wall

2.) Promenade deck

3.) Forward and aft views of the ship

4.) Pool deck

5.) Cabins/balconies

6.) Bar/restaurants

7.) Central Park/Royal Promenade

I can see a trapeze circus like area.. a great childrens water park zone similar to Freedom class but do not see the long discussed bowling alley materializing.

You can all call me out about the bowling alley if I am wrong on that one:)

Thanks Emmy, I'm due July 18 and it can't get her fast enough.

Joyceyw - Congrats!! A great B'day to have, 7/18 - I'll be 39 & holding on that day, hopefully celebrating on SOTS! :)

Billiards or bowling? and I haven't seen anything about the ice skating?

For anyone not sure who the Aker Builder is, he has a series of Genesis updates over at http://www.cruisepage.com/

1)stamps- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009922

2)first blocks- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009946

3)cabins, Royal prom, Central Park and "Board Walk"- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009963

4)keel laying- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010036

5)keel layed- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010054

6)central park confirmed- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010080

7)funnel project- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010093

8)lifeboats- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010206

9)construction update- http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010218

Reading through all of those it seems like the lifeboats will have a top deck that is open. It would also make sense to then use those for tenders allowing for faster departing at peak times and then reduce the number used at slow times.

Hopefully the Windjammer is improved. The one on Liberty was incredibly undersized. Voyager's was perfect but on Liberty it seemed like you had to make two full trips around the place before finding a table. Maybe Genesis will have a two story Windjammer like some Carnival ships have. The Disney ships feature an outdoor eating area for the Buffet. That made every morning much more relaxing, maybe that will be added.

On the 9th update does anyone know what the curved blocks are? It looks like the Main Dinning room, Theater, Atrium or a new multi story feature.

Anyone think the new promenade will have more of this shape.

attachment.php?attachmentid=71150&stc=1&d=1203889347

The standard promenade normally ends at the dotted line, the new one goes back to the third bulge where the Radiance class type Atrium would be. If you look at the Genesis picture there is a small building right above the entirely glass back of the ship, perfect for the elevators to reach the Sports deck. This new design would also change the corridor feeling promenade design. That new atrium is entirely glass and has the doors to the new Boardwalk deck area.

Atrium 1: Front- Theater, Spa/Fitness Center,Solarium

Atrium 2: Mid (formerly Back)- H20 Zone, Dinning Room, Windjammer, Viking Crown, Church

Atrium 3: Back- Sports Deck, Boardwalk, Alternative Main Dinning Room and Windjammer entrance

342587853_Picture2.png.6890742ea7879e7f3b1bc78fddf74c96.png

That's an amazing wealth of information! how'd you find it?

I agree, I hope that turns out to be true. The aft boardwalk has my attention. I wonder if that outside area will have a pool or hot tubs?

There is no way Genesis is only 4 ft taller...It must be taller than that...Look at the size of it:eek:

I am getting this information on another cruise site that has a person posting that works for Aker yards.

The size of the ship is on the Aker website. You can compare sizes with the Freedom class.

I remember when Freedom of the Seas first released deck plans it was only decks which had passenger staterooms on them. Decks which had no passenger staterooms were not released until a few months later.

I could see them doing this again on Genesis, mainly because they want to keep a secret of all the new features that will be on board this ship.

I remember when Freedom of the Seas first released deck plans it was only decks which had passenger staterooms on them. Decks which had no passenger staterooms were not released until a few months later.

I could see them doing this again on Genesis, mainly because they want to keep a secret of all the new features that will be on board this ship.

Ahhh that is correct..I had forgotten about only the passenger deck plans being released and the other areas blocked out. I still have my copy that I printed off when the deck plans first surfaced on CC. If I recall correctly it was a from a friend of Tyron's who forwarded it to me...Joe I think was his name..do you recall that Ty?

They were only released a few days before booking opened.

Ahhh that is correct..I had forgotten about only the passenger deck plans being released and the other areas blocked out. I still have my copy that I printed off when the deck plans first surfaced on CC. If I recall correctly it was a from a friend of Tyron's who forwarded it to me...Joe I think was his name..do you recall that Ty?

They were only released a few days before booking opened.

GROAN... I don't want to wait that long!!! :p :rolleyes:

I am sure we will all be very happy with the various new activities aboard. If they really do improve stability and comfort both that will make cruising a lot more fun for those afraid of the motion of the seas.

Personally I look forward to riding the seas on one at least once just because...but likely will stick to Voyager Class ships, big enough for loads of neat features not so big as to feel like an entire fleet arrived at port when going ashore.

Archived