luggage transfer to fll post cruise?

frak

does princess offer luggage transfers directly to airlines from ship when arriving back to port?party will be flying usair and airtran.

thanks in advance,

frank

Yes, EasyCheck is available in Fort Lauderdale, but you need to fly all segments with same airline the day of disembarkation. Not all Airlines participate in this program.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=713733

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/expressluggage.pdf

here is the information

So if my flight is for 11:45- I can use this service---

I dont have to play around with finding my luggage the morning of the flight--

Im already checked in-- wow all for 15.00???

Why would people NOT want to do this??

You still have to find the bag and go through customs. However, once this is done, you turn your luggage over to the participating airline people.

Since Princess gives you your boarding pass, you are checked in.

A GREAT service!!!

hmmm, so no bypassing picking out your luggage? guess it would work better for people with later flights-- I dont see the purpose then if I have to find my luggage and then find a porter that takes care of luggage for my airline.

There is nothing at all on the above link that states I have to find my luggage first.

I thought since having an 11:30 flight-- get that luggage off the ship first thing and ship it over to the airport so it can be on the plane in time.

Taking an 11:30 flight-- I Dont see how it can catch up to me in time

Princess EasyCheck

American, Continental, Delta, United, US Airways, Northwest, AirTran, Jet Blue if you are flying out of Fort Lauderdale (FLL).

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement. AirTran ONLY from FLL and ONLY if your connection is wit them. AirTran will not transfer your luggage to another carrier nor will another carrier transfer to AirTran.

Reason: AirTran has NO Interline agreement with any airline; something they do not tell you.

Pia

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement. AirTran ONLY from FLL and ONLY if your connection is wit them. AirTran will not transfer your luggage to another carrier nor will another carrier transfer to AirTran.

Reason: AirTran has NO Interline agreement with any airline; something they do not tell you.

Pia

This is the case with EasyCheck with most Airlines, all your segments need to be with them.

Just spoke to Princess and yes they do offer transfer from ship to LAX and you never touch your Luggage till you get home.:) :) 31 days at sea and she will be packed to the MAX. This will be great

$15 per person and no transfer required.

You must complete the form on the ship 3 days before arrival and show ID. They give you a boarding pass and you go straight to your gate.

Also we flying AA

Is this $15 per person or per bag or other?

FLL usually will not allow checkin of baggage prior to 3 hours before your flight. If I disembark at 9 AM and my flight is not until 3 PM will it work. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Ron

Just spoke to Princess and yes they do offer transfer from ship to LAX and you never touch your Luggage till you get home.:) :) 31 days at sea and she will be packed to the MAX. This will be great

You must complete the form on the ship 3 days before arrival and show ID. They give you a boarding pass and you go straight to your gate.

Also we flying AA

The OP was inquiring about Fort Lauderdale (FLL).

Is this $15 per person or per bag or other?

FLL usually will not allow checkin of baggage prior to 3 hours before your flight. If I disembark at 9 AM and my flight is not until 3 PM will it work. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Ron

$15 Per Person

Also we flying AA

its $15.00pp with a two pc allowance only. (now how the heck do youpack for a 31 day cruise in only 2 pcs of luggage???)

its $15.00pp with a two pc allowance only. (now how the heck do youpack for a 31 day cruise in only 2 pcs of luggage???)

You can only check 2 bags pp on any airline - how many do you need?

Have you heard of self serve laundries or laundry service?

Ron

You can only check 2 bags pp on any airline - how many do you need?

Have you heard of self serve laundries or laundry service?

Ron

for 31 day cruise?? i have no idea.. (although I wish I could find out.)

They charge for this?

Disney does it for free (But transportation through the cruise line is required, but Port Canaveral to Orlando is not too close) oh well I guess I was spoiled last month.

I will say however, getting checked in on the boat makes things so painless. It is weird however, not seeing your luggage for over 24 hours in our case.

for 31 day cruise?? i have no idea.. (although I wish I could find out.)

What do you need to know - perhaps I can help. The Princess ships have self serve laundries or laundry service. If you are fortunate enough to be "elite" you get free laundry and dry cleaning service.

Ron

Archived