Airport Photos

jplotts865

Only slightly related to crusing...however, enroute to London to pick up the Queen Mary 2 for the return trip to New York I wanted a photo of the Boeing 747 I was about to board. A security person informed me no photographs were allowed and indicated I had to erase the photo I had taken on my digital camera. Not big deal really but it's been bugging me...does anyone know the rational behind this? I can see no security breach in taking a photograph of an airplane...would love to know the reason behind this ruling.

If anyone has any info please pass it along...thanks...

It really doesn't make that much sense.:confused:
It makes perfect sense. And this is not something terribly new. Back in the 70's I worked at the border crossing (tunnel) between Detroit and Windsor, Canada. People were not permitted to take pictures of anything there at that time. This prohibition does not surprise me in the least.

I have lived overseas for going on 12 years in various countries. There are signs everywhere in almost every country I've been to stating that you cannot take pictures in the airport. This has been the case even before 9/11. In July, I was on a shuttle from Newark to NYC and a girl from Belgium was trying to take a picture of an American flag outside the tunnel and a security guard pulled the van over and told her no pictures allowed. Scared her to death. She just wanted to show she was in the states.

You cant take pictures of people waiting in the lines either while checking in for cruising. Nor are you supposed to take pictures of the ship while its docked at the home port either.

That's a new one for me. I have tons of photos and video of this.

Haven't tried in the airport lately, but it seems a hard rule to enforce with all the camera phones around. I'm all for security - just seems there are better things. Also, once on board you can can photograph the plane next to you and no one will say a word.

Archived