All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

the surf dinner is surf and turf. i'm allergic to shellfish, so i don't remember the 'featured entree" with great clarity because i got the top sirloin on quite a few nights. chef's dinner - i think that was the lobster nights. if you want to book chops but avoid formal's, don't book on 2nd and 5th night - those are formal nights. the fifth night is lobster night.

Thank you so much!!! We booked Chops for the Venetian night and Portofino for the Surf dinner. I think we're okay!

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first cruise on RC and my second overall. I will be sailing with my DH & DS who will be 17 when you cruise on 4/4/09. I have being reading so much about Liberty of The Seas and can't wait to experience it for myself.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the two formal nights on the 2nd night & 5th night if one was more formal than one and you did not have to get really dressed up both nights. I was just wondering since on our first cruise with Carnival one was very formal and the other not so much.

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first cruise on RC and my second overall. I will be sailing with my DH & DS who will be 17 when you cruise on 4/4/09. I have being reading so much about Liberty of The Seas and can't wait to experience it for myself.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the two formal nights on the 2nd night & 5th night if one was more formal than one and you did not have to get really dressed up both nights. I was just wondering since on our first cruise with Carnival one was very formal and the other not so much.

They are both formal, but I think that the 1st one which is the Capt. Dinner is a little more formal than the 2nd formal night...You will see lots of people changing after dinner out of their formal clothes into something more comfortable to see the show or just enjoy the rest of the evening dressed more casually...Have a wonderful time, Liberty is a gorgeous ship!!!

We are booked for Jan 2009 room 1700 corner aft (we had the same room on Freedom). Since we arrive in PR later in day does the tour get you into the forts. On website they close by 4:30 or 5 pm???

Anyone have the compass for the eastern Caribbean on Liberty.

Or if anyone has the AO schedule for the 13 year old age group. My son will have just turned 13 month before and he really would feel more comfortable in the 11-12 group. Do you think they will let him join in the younger group? I know that I would feel more comfortable as well.

Thanks for your help.

We are booked for Jan 2009 room 1700 corner aft (we had the same room on Freedom). Since we arrive in PR later in day does the tour get you into the forts. On website they close by 4:30 or 5 pm???

Anyone have the compass for the eastern Caribbean on Liberty.

Or if anyone has the AO schedule for the 13 year old age group. My son will have just turned 13 month before and he really would feel more comfortable in the 11-12 group. Do you think they will let him join in the younger group? I know that I would feel more comfortable as well.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a web link that I found that has the whole week schedule including some adventure ocean stuff. It is from Sept. of 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/lephysteria

I hope it helps

Since we arrive in PR later in day does the tour get you into the forts. On website they close by 4:30 or 5 pm???

Do you think they will let him join in the younger group? I know that I would feel more comfortable as well.

Thanks for your help.

As to PR, from what we were told we should be off the ship by 330 pm. Fort is open til 5, so you'd have 1 1/2 hrs to visit. Not nearly enough, but at leasts its better than nothing!

Also, on our last sailing with our DS, he was allowed to join the older group, as there were no one his age in his group. So it shouldnt be a problem.

I was wondering what is everyone's favorite place for a drink? When we were on the Mariner last month we liked the Sky Bar, Ellingtons, Bolaros. Just curious to see what people like on the Liberty....

We enjoyed relaxing in the evening in the Viking Crown Lounge. Some drinks, a little music and looking out over the pool deck and the ocean.

Mike

Hi all,

Just thought I would contribute to the thread. I recently attended a wedding on the Liberty, it was very nicely done. Hubby and I are booked for Western route September 6, can wait to try this new class of ship! We are Platinum with Carnival and only need one more cruise with RC to be Platinum with them as well.

Ok, now I have a question: Has any men out there had some pampering at the Shave place? It's our anniversary and I would like to suprise the hubby but he's not a pampering type of guy. Do you think he'll like it? Does anyone have a menu of services offered here?

Thank you and Bon Voyage!

trying to decide which night to book Chops! YUM YUM

Thanks

We just booked CHOPS online for Thursday night on our sailing. That looked like the best night for us on the menus. It was surprisingly easy to use the online system!

Originally Posted by PokrChick viewpost.gif

I have a dumb question!! Does anyone know if there's an electrical outlet in the bathroom? I bought nightlight/air fresheners (with an extra outlet) for each of our cabins and wanted to make sure I can use them. For some reason, I thought I remembered that I couldn't plug them in on Explorer; but I don't remember why. Maybe something about the polarized plug and not being enough room. They might have been a different kind and for some reason didn't fit. Who knows! Any help for my obcessing would be great! :D

I believe there is one in the bathroom on every ship. You can always bring one of those polarized adaptors that give you two outlets from one.

is there one in the bedroom part of the room? for things such as alarm clocks or cell phone chargers?

In our bathroom it was just the one plug for shavers.

But if you wanted the hair dryer plug, you had to go to the vanity. We did bring a polarized adapter because i needed the curling iron and the hair dryer at the same time.

A power strip could also be used there on the vanity. One plug is not enough :)

what exactly is a polarized adapter? is that different from like, a powerstrip?

I think this is a polarized adaptor. This is also what I took as well. We have one that we use at our house for our cell phones. I like using this over a power strip so that you don't have the bulk of the cord taking up space on the desk.

032664356001sm.jpg

lephysteria - I just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful trip report. It was so informative and helpful! We are thinking of staying at the Hyatt Regency the night before the cruise. I would like to rent a car and drive down so that I don't have to pay for parking at the port but I am having the hardest time trying to do a one way rental with enterprise!!

Thanks again!

I am just so excited because I will be on the Liberty in 10 days. I'm glad I was reminded about the power strip. That is something I took on the last cruise but would've forgotten this time. I did not make a list and I should have! I really should save my list from cruise to cruise.

I think this is a polarized adaptor. This is also what I took as well. We have one that we use at our house for our cell phones. I like using this over a power strip so that you don't have the bulk of the cord taking up space on the desk.

thank you! but, is that just adding the number of outlets or is the actual outlet in the room diffrent from normal outlets on land? because i have heard rumors of that. (i know this is a very small issue, but when you have two 17 year old girls staying in one room who need curling irons and hair straighteners AND chargers for ipods/cell-phones/who knows what else...its not.) so thank you for your patience! haha.

thank you! but, is that just adding the number of outlets or is the actual outlet in the room diffrent from normal outlets on land? because i have heard rumors of that. (i know this is a very small issue, but when you have two 17 year old girls staying in one room who need curling irons and hair straighteners AND chargers for ipods/cell-phones/who knows what else...its not.) so thank you for your patience! haha.

The outlets in the main area of your room oare the same. If I am remembering correctly there were two plugs to the left of the mirror and one to the right. The plug that is different is in the bathroom. It accomodates a razor. So a power strip from home will work in the bedroom!