RCI site - 2009 reservations

Azhure

For the past week, I have been unable to get to the reservation stage for any of the 2009 cruises. I get a message telling me the info is not currently available and to check back later. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me.:confused:

(sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find a thread on it)

Lori ~ I thought I read somewhere on the boards that the European sailings or at least some of them are to be announced mid March so maybe getting ready for that

Thanks Emmy and all, but this is for cruises that are open, ones I have looked at before and was now seriously considering. I even tried an Explorer cruise for Jan/09, and I get the same message.:confused:

For the past week, I have been unable to get to the reservation stage for any of the 2009 cruises. I get a message telling me the info is not currently available and to check back later. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me.:confused:

(sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find a thread on it)

It was available when I first started checking for pricing a couple of weeks ago, but this past week I got the same message. However, I booked through my travel agent on Monday, for Mariner in April '09.

I wish RCL would release the rest of the 2009 schedule. I'm tired of waiting for it.

I'm sure that they are terribly concerned that you are tired waiting for them to release the rest of their 2009 schedule, but I have to think that it will not force them to release it before they are ready.:rolleyes: In past years they have begun releasing their schedules around mid-March and some schedules have not been released until months later. You probably don't have too much longer to wait, but patience is said to be a virtue and if you practice it you might be rewarded with a schedule that you like.;)

We're having the same problem and it's for all cruises - not just 2009 cruises. I can't even check the price on the cruise I have booked that's leaving next week!

We've figured out that it's a problem at least for those trying to get quotes in CAD (and I see the OP is from Canada). When my husband is at work, he gets a U.S. IP address and the RCCL site must determine that his quotes should be in USD and it works fine. At home, the site determines we're in Canada, it tries to quote in CAD and we get the "unavailable; please try again later" message. We've been getting this since late last week.

My husband called the RCCL web support number and spent 45 minutes with them on the phone but they were of basically no help. They couldn't even seem to understand the problem, let alone how to fix it so he gave up.

Unfortunately, the site doesn't allow me to switch currencies - it determines I should see the quotes in CAD and then fails. I don't know it it's just a problem for quotes in CAD or if it's a problem for quotes in anything other than USD.

Thanks Emmy and all, but this is for cruises that are open, ones I have looked at before and was now seriously considering. I even tried an Explorer cruise for Jan/09, and I get the same message.:confused:

Oh Oh Lori -- sounds like we have you guys hooked! I PFW and tried yesterday and couldn't get in to check pricing/reserve for a cruise in Feb -- figured it was just the high traffic 'cause we were all tracking the trades:D .

We're having the same problem and it's for all cruises - not just 2009 cruises. I can't even check the price on the cruise I have booked that's leaving next week!

We've figured out that it's a problem at least for those trying to get quotes in CAD (and I see the OP is from Canada). When my husband is at work, he gets a U.S. IP address and the RCCL site must determine that his quotes should be in USD and it works fine. At home, the site determines we're in Canada, it tries to quote in CAD and we get the "unavailable; please try again later" message. We've been getting this since late last week.

My husband called the RCCL web support number and spent 45 minutes with them on the phone but they were of basically no help. They couldn't even seem to understand the problem, let alone how to fix it so he gave up.

Unfortunately, the site doesn't allow me to switch currencies - it determines I should see the quotes in CAD and then fails. I don't know it it's just a problem for quotes in CAD or if it's a problem for quotes in anything other than USD.

I am alsways able to get quotes in US dollars which I prefer as I can compare better that way. You can change the currency by scrolling all the way down the home page and there is a prompt "not from Canada' and a drop down arrow and choose US. Mine stays that way all the time now

I think you are right, it may have something to do with the Canadain currency. I noted that we can no longer choose to get a quote on US funds anymore.

thanks

I think you are right, it may have something to do with the Canadain currency. I noted that we can no longer choose to get a quote on US funds anymore.

thanks

Lori ~ we were posting at the same time.. read above..try it and let me know:)

I am alsways able to get quotes in US dollars which I prefer as I can compare better that way. You can change the currency by scrolling all the way down the home page and there is a prompt "not from Canada' and a drop down arrow and choose US. Mine stays that way all the time now

I had never seen that before. Thanks Emmy it worked!!

I get the same message when I try to check on the prices on cruises I have booked.

Our TA told us that RCI is in the process of overhauling their entire reservation system. Hopefully, they'll be done soon. (It's supposed to be much better!)

Rut roh!!! That usually spells trouble. I sure hope they don't improve it to the NCL system!!!:eek:

You can switch to US Currency at the very bottom of the RCCL home page in tiny print.

It says : Not from the United States" click here

or which ever country you maybe logged in as, will get you back to US $$.

If you are logged in as US then you can get the reservations in US $$. I have tried to do Canada for the last two days and the same message you get comes up.

I called RCCL but they just say they are having web problems. As usual.....

Archived