Which formal night is more formal?

maggie1118

Hello! Can you tell me which formal night is the more formal of the two nights? The 2nd night will be our sea day. Thanks for your help!

Dawn

Yes, "technically" they are both formal...

But...

You will find that if there is a difference, the first is when people will pull out all the stops and their "finest".

Second one, anyone who wasn't prepared will be a step down, or their "second finest".

;)

Yes, "technically" they are both formal...

But...

You will find that if there is a difference, the first is when people will pull out all the stops and their "finest".

Second one, anyone who wasn't prepared will be a step down, or their "second finest".

;)

Thank you for the information! I have two fabulous formal gowns but I do favor one over the other. I would never consider not dressing formal on the formal nights. That is certainly not what I meant to imply. I look at it in terms of going to another country and not respecting their traditions. Thanks again!

Personally, I have never seen a difference and dress formally both evenings.

PAX make a differance I do believe, the same suggested wear is listed in the daily paper you get in your stateroom which tells you the suggested wear for the night. It seems many just don't want to dress up 2 nights.

I usually myself, take 2 dressy gowns or 2 cocktail dresses. I have never worn a gown one night and just a dress or pantsuit the second night. If my hubby takes a tux, he wears it both nights. if he takes a navy suit, he wears that both nights. He just changes shirts and ties.

Senoj84, I am surprised Carnival served lobster tails on the Captian's Gala night. Normally lobster night is the second formal night. That has been true of the 9 cruises that I have taken that had more then one formal night. I have also taken 4 mini cruises that only had one formal night.

One night is special because it is the "Captain's Gala" and the reception before dinner; the other night is "special" because there is lobster and a receptionfor repeat cruisers on that cruiseline. On a mini cruise ofcourse, the Captains Gala and lobster night is the same night.

I think the 2nd formal night is the better one. I know that on Royal Caribbean the 2nd formal night is special because the photographer takes your picture at your table (he does that on the 1st one too) ...but the 2nd formal is the photo usually made into a 6x8 that looks like a postcard with pictures of the ship and sailing date on the picture. It's a great picture to have as a remembrance of your cruise. Most people don't know this. Make your 2nd formal your favorite dress....you'll see why when you look at the pictures in the photo gallery.

Archived