Where can I buy pop before boarding the Spirit in NO?

Sunspots

Can anyone tell me if there is a little grocery store on the waterfront where we can get a six pack of tonic before the cruise? Thanks! Spirit, here we come!

We picked some up in the French Quarter at the Walgreens on Royal a block or too in from Canal Street.

After living in Texas for 16 years it is so funny to see the reference to "pop". I am originally from Pgh, but I had to convert to "soda" instead of "pop" because nobody down here knows what "pop" is. Or gum bands, yince guys, redding up the room, warshing, .... ah, the good ole days! :p We are sailing the Spirit in November, but since we are driving we are bringing our pop in tow! Happy Sailing!

Used to live in Pittsburgh (pgh) and gum bands are rubber bands,

warshing is washing, pop is soda, jumbo is bologna ( as in I'll have a jumbo sandwich for lunch) I used to think people were talking about the SIZE of the sandwich,,,lol

redding up is getting ready...this list goes on and on and is pretty funny.

Can anyone tell me if there is a little grocery store on the waterfront where we can get a six pack of tonic before the cruise? Thanks! Spirit, here we come!

Sorry we don't have pop in the south! Most people don't even refer to it as Soda. Every thing here is either a SOFT DRINK or a COKE!

Used to live in Pittsburgh (pgh) and gum bands are rubber bands,

warshing is washing, pop is soda, jumbo is bologna ( as in I'll have a jumbo sandwich for lunch) I used to think people were talking about the SIZE of the sandwich,,,lol

redding up is getting ready...this list goes on and on and is pretty funny.

Thanks for the info. I had heard of pop and warshing (I thought that was Midwestern). Gum bands, redding up, and jumbo were new ones for me. I can't wait now to try these out on my next door neighbor (who is from Philly) to see if she knows what they mean.

Lil Buddy - I live less than an hour North of you in Manalapan (Western Monmouth County). I used to work near the Lakewood/TR border. Not too familiar with Toms River south of 70, though.

I just asked my neighbor if she knew what a jumbo sandwich was - her guess was that it meant you wanted it supersized.

Hi Jersey

I know Manalapan well.....at least the shopping,,,lol

Really is a small world.

When is your next cruise ? We leave tomorrow, on the GEM

Not too many people (thank goodness) would get the JUMBO

question. Just a whole different world but we NJ people have

our own funny ways too.:)

I almost forgot about JUMBO! :D

I grew up in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh, PA & have lived in Texas since 1992. And let me tell you, I live pretty much in the stix of East Texas so my kids have the ole Texas Draw (people out here think Kohl's is a 2 syllable word!) and I still have my Yankee ways!

It's like the best of both worlds!

Hi Jersey

I know Manalapan well.....at least the shopping,,,lol

Really is a small world.

When is your next cruise ? We leave tomorrow, on the GEM

Not too many people (thank goodness) would get the JUMBO

question. Just a whole different world but we NJ people have

our own funny ways too.:)

Barbara - I am so jealous. We are on the Spirit out of NOLA March 23 - I wish it was sooner! Originally I had booked us on the GEM out of NYC on April 19 thinking that (as usual) we would get Passover week off. The district (just to keep things interesting) gave us Easter week off instead. Just as well as (I think) the GEM is now no longer doing the itinerary I had originally booked - either a repositioning or European cruise. Too bad, I had really wanted to try the GEM but I couldn't resist the Spirit's itinerary.

We picked some up in the French Quarter at the Walgreens on Royal a block or too in from Canal Street.

Thanks! I'll be picking a case up on my way in order to save some money, plus I'll need to get some sunscreen and probably aloe.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn on Royal (which offers free parking for the duration of the cruise), this is doubly convenient as the Walgreens is less than a block away.....

Down here-if you're not drinking tea then you might be drinking a Coke. Even if that Coke is Dr. Pepper, 7-Up or Orange Crush. Can't explain it.

It goes like this-you pull up at the gas station and before entering the store you ask if anyone wants a Coke. Typical respones are "yeah, get me a Sprite or maybe a diet caffeine free cherry or Pepsi. Weird :confused:

Archived