Contrasting Labadee vs. Coco Cay

We love Coco Cay....it blows Princess' Princess Cay out of the water although we have had some very enjoyable cruises w/ Princess. However, we have never visited Labadee and am wondering from those that have experienced Labadee and Coco Cay if you could please describe the differences as well as the Pro's or Con's....which do you prefer....which is cleaner....fun things to do, etc. Thanks!

They are similar in the activities provided (if you want to purchase excursions). I think the beaches at Coco Cay are better, as far as a sandy bottom goes. Both are beautiful--I think Labadee has more "scenery". The north shore of Haiti is mountainous and that gives it lots of dimension. Coco Cay is part of the Bahamas--pretty, but flat.

You'll have a lovely beach day at either!

(I wish RCI would put BOTH of them into 1 itinerary!)

Have been to both locations multiple times and love them both. As you have been to Coco Cay, I will concentrate on Labadee. Labadee is a gorgeous setting with mountains in the background and several different beaches.

The sand is coarser on Labadee, so I advise wearing some kind of shoe that will protect the bottoms of your feet.

Labadee, being bigger than Coco Cay, has a free open-air trolley that makes continuous runs from one end of the area to the other. You can jump on and off practically anywhere.

Labadee has installed a Zipline in the past year which has proven to be very popular. It runs out over the ocean. Even if that isn't your thing, it is fun to sit on the beach near Dragon's Breath rocks and watch the people zooming down from the mountain and landing.

Your chances of actually getting to Labadee are considerably higher than getting to Coco Cay because the water is calmer. Furthermore, RCI is constructing a dock to accommodate the Genesis-class of ships. That should make it even more convenient because you will not to have to tender.

One drawback of Labadee as compared to Coco Cay is that more folks seem to have their hands out for tips such as the guys who seem to stand guard over deck chairs and want a tip to drag one into position for you. That NEVER, EVER happens on Coco Cay. Additionally, I haven't bought items at Labadee's souvenier shacks because I have heard the staff there are very aggressive. It isn't so bad on Coco Cay at their souvenier shacks. Both places require that you pay cash to buy the souveniers.

BOth places, Coco Cay and Labadee are my idea of a day in Paradise. I simply cannot say which one I like better.

They are similar in what there is to do. The main differences are that Labadee has a zip-line...CocoCay does not. CocoCay has sailboat rentals, Labadee does not. The beach and snorkeling are better at CocoCay. Labadee is larger and has some ruins you can explore.

Great feed-back. Thanks! Sorry to hear about the aggressive merchants, though. i'm guessing that the water is clearer (Scuba/snorkeling) at Coco Cay vs. Labadee. Also that would be interesting if RCL would stop at both...

Great feed-back. Thanks! Sorry to hear about the aggressive merchants, though. i'm guessing that the water is clearer (Scuba/snorkeling) at Coco Cay vs. Labadee. Also that would be interesting if RCL would stop at both...

It's true, the vendors are aggressive, but only if you go to that section. If you don't want to shop, and don't go over there, you'll be fine.

Both are great, RC use to offer both on the same cruise, that was the best, did it twice. Of the 2, Labadee is our favorite although sitting on the beach in Coco Cay is great. we found that Coco Cay had more rock in the water so you had to walk around it more. Labadee was our favorite stop until last year we went on CCL and Half Moon Cay blew everything out of the water and Grand Turk was great also.

Archived