Cruisin out of Jacksonville

dvdgunner

Don't know yet.

I booked Fascination for December because I just HAD to go back to HMC.

Since the price of airfare has gone up considerably recently, I decided I could sail twice this year if I drove to the ports. Yes, gas is up but I drive a fairly economical car.

Being able to drive to Jax and get to go to HMC and get two sea days sounds like a dream come true for me! Can't wait.

we are considering a cruise out of jacksonville. any pros or cons

Just cruised out of JAX and not only a short 2 hr. drive for us, but the easiest embarkation/debarkation I have ever experienced !

I hope that this little known secret gem in the cruise port world remains so simple and easy. 1 ship... no congestion.... good security.....it just doesnt get any better !

My only hope is that Carnival will offer possibly 2 ships there in the future to include a 7 night itinerary.....doing that would add icing to the cake at this port !

Cruised out of JAX in December on Celebration. The JAX airport is much easier than any other FL port I have used. (MIA,MCO,FLL,TPA)

It is a short ride to the pier..I used transfers because they use a van service rather than big buses. The port is small...only Carnival. Nothing bad to say about the Port of Jacksonville.

we are considering a cruise out of jacksonville. any pros or cons

For me its a very good port to drive to from NJ. Very good pricing out of that port. The only down side is I would not sail out of there again in the winter. It was too cold for me.

For me its a very good port to drive to from NJ. Very good pricing out of that port. The only down side is I would not sail out of there again in the winter. It was too cold for me.

Winter weather in any part of Fla. can be iffy at any time during that season. There is not that big of temp differences to keep me from sailing from Jax compared to MIA or FLL !

We cruised out of Jacksonville on the Celebration on our first cruise in March 2007. We drove down from eastern Pa in about 13 hrs, and stayed at the Best Western, Jacksonville. As other posters said, one ship, easy parking and short wait to board. I don't know if this is true of every Carnival port, but most of the personnel assisting passengers were retirees from the area. They were very courteous and helpful, and really took an interest in your cruise. You will not be disappointed! :)

Cruised from JAX in Jan. and am going again the end of this month. Just a two hour drive for me, also. Wish another line would bring in a ship...Celebrity had one there for a season...Can't be too big a ship 'cause it wouldn't be able to go under the Dames Point Bridge. Although the port has been there several years, it is still a temporary facility, while they figure out where to build a permanent one, on the other side of the bridge...EM

We had a great experience sailing from Jax on Celebration last April. We live within driving distance & had to park there. It was cheap and secure. Embarkation/debarkation was the smoothest I've ever experienced & the port isn't crowded like the South FL ports always are. Enjoy!

Cruised from JAX in Jan. and am going again the end of this month. Just a two hour drive for me, also. Wish another line would bring in a ship...Celebrity had one there for a season...Can't be too big a ship 'cause it wouldn't be able to go under the Dames Point Bridge. Although the port has been there several years, it is still a temporary facility, while they figure out where to build a permanent one, on the other side of the bridge...EM

From news reports the citzens of that area are fighting a pernament cruise port. I donot think they like such a huge ship going doing the area.

I loved going down and seeing all the houses, the dogs barking and the dolphin following.

We loved going out of JAX and look forward to sailing out of this port more. Especially since Carnival is bringing in the Fascination with the new waterworks area and other refrubs.;)

From news reports the citzens of that area are fighting a pernament cruise port. I donot think they like such a huge ship going doing the area.

I loved going down and seeing all the houses, the dogs barking and the dolphin following.

We loved going out of JAX and look forward to sailing out of this port more. Especially since Carnival is bringing in the Fascination with the new waterworks area and other refrubs.;)

Seeing those dolphins following the ship and the gorgeous homes on the waterfront was a treat I must agree ! We too are booked on the Fascination at end of Sept. and despite not the greatest itinerary, looking forward to the cruise and only having to drive a short 2 hours !

I have contacted my Carnival DSM and made my suggestions regarding a 2nd ship offering perhaps a 7 night itinerary to allow more options for this port and more pasengers to sail from it.

Well add me ot the list of Jaxport fans!

By far the easiest, friendliest port we have sailed out of. I think it is due in part to only one ship (therefore less congestion) and the very efficient, hospitable employees.

Seeing those dolphins following the ship and the gorgeous homes on the waterfront was a treat I must agree ! We too are booked on the Fascination at end of Sept. and despite not the greatest itinerary, looking forward to the cruise and only having to drive a short 2 hours !

I have contacted my Carnival DSM and made my suggestions regarding a 2nd ship offering perhaps a 7 night itinerary to allow more options for this port and more pasengers to sail from it.

That is one of my favorite parts of the cruise we went on a year ago out of JAX. I love going down the waterway there.

I would love seeing a 7 day itinerary out of JAX.

Sailed out of Jax in June of '05 on Jubilee. Also have a late October date on Fascination, and can't hardly wait. Honestly though, we've sailed out Jax, Charleston, and Tampa, all three rate well with us.

While I have had some cruises not as good as others, I find it hard press not to have a good time on a cruise. It amazes me when people do not. I think they must be very unhappy people.

That is one of my favorite parts of the cruise we went on a year ago out of JAX. I love going down the waterway there.

I would love seeing a 7 day itinerary out of JAX.

While I have had some cruises not as good as others, I find it hard press not to have a good time on a cruise. It amazes me when people do not. I think they must be very unhappy people.

If you go in with the right attitude for a cruise, you are off to the right start. Sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons on a cruise, but to let a few minute things ruin a cruise is no ones fault but your own.

A bad day on a cruise ship is better than a good day at work I say :D

If you go in with the right attitude for a cruise, you are off to the right start. Sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons on a cruise, but to let a few minute things ruin a cruise is no ones fault but your own.

A bad day on a cruise ship is better than a good day at work I say :D

Exactly

While JAX does not presently offer a variety of port options it is still a good choice.

Archived